Thursday, February 01, 2018

Coffee Labelled a Carcinogen? In California of Course.

A nonprofit who believes coffee could cause cancer has persuaded businesses, by way of a lawsuit, to issue warnings on all ready-to-drink brews sold in California. At least 13 companies, most recently 7-Eleven, have settled with the Council for Education and Research on Toxics (CERT) following its 2010 lawsuit, and promised to add warnings to served coffee, CNN reports.

Wow ...

Comments

That's a bit misleading. It's not as if California is telling businesses to do this. Businesses are required to inform customers of dangerous chemicals in their drinking products. These companies got sued by a third party over not identifying a possible carcinogen and still chose not to fight it.

You wanted Capitalism in action. This is capitalism. Companies took the easy way out.

#1 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-02-01 02:52 PM

So all we need is coffee and straws to keep Californians under the bed now?

#2 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-02-01 03:24 PM

Reminds me of when my daughter was about 9 and we went to the hardware store to get an elbow to repair the kitchen sink drain, she read the label on the piece of plastic pipe and quickly handed it back to me and said "DAD! that says it will cause us cancer!!!!" and said "are we planing on eating it? eating off of it? lighting it on fire? or licking it?" she said "NO! why would we do that?" and then I said "I think we are safe then, besides we don't live in California and it's only know to do that in California."

She will be devastated that her coffee could kill her though.....

#3 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-02-01 03:39 PM

She will be devastated that her coffee could kill her though.....

#3 | POSTED BY PINKYANTHEBRAIN

You have to be one of the dumbest posters on here... And that's a rather significant feet.

I'm sure the people in Flint, MI will be happy to know they will only get sick if they eat their water pipes rather than simply drink water from them.

#4 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-02-01 03:47 PM

These signs are so commonplace I'm actually surprised there wouldn't already be one in place for the baked goods 7-11 sells. They have one for the baked goods at the Peet's Coffee in the Albertsons.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-01 03:52 PM

Is this the type of thread where RoC and Eberly show up to tell posters they're hyperventilating over nothing?

Or is that only when the republicans announce they plan on screwing over the middle class?

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-02-01 03:54 PM

Starbucks must be horrified. They are in danger of losing half their customer base of young, hip, pumpkin-spice progressives.

#7 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-02-01 04:07 PM

#4 That's a pretty far stretch there Toady, I hope you didn't pull a muscle. Don't overdose on the methyl salicylate, when your covering your A$$.

#8 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-02-01 04:25 PM

Fine.

I am going to start drinking my coffee thru a straw.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-02-01 04:43 PM

Old age is a goddamn carcinogen.

#10 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-02-01 07:40 PM

Not my fight, but I think the key word in #3 was drain.

#11 | Posted by JimDuncan at 2018-02-01 08:26 PM

Licking the drain gave Michael Douglas throat cancer.

#12 | Posted by bruceaz at 2018-02-01 08:46 PM

Nah, Michael Douglas got tongue cancer from licking too much Frangipani Poonany.

#13 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-02-01 08:57 PM

Did he say exactly what he was licking?

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-01 09:09 PM

It rhymes with snatch.

#15 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-02-01 09:11 PM

Briar patch?

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-01 10:10 PM

#11 Toady drinks my greywater so he gets easily offended if I say things like "drains". He's hopping to gain intelligence by osmosis, he sleeps on his text books too, so he doesn't have to read them.

#17 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-02-02 08:12 AM

#15, Orrin Hatch??!

#18 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-02-02 08:56 AM

Sycophant, you drink out of your drain pipe? and then call others stupid? Wow.

#19 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2018-02-02 11:29 AM

Sycophant, you drink out of your drain pipe? and then call others stupid? Wow.

#19 | POSTED BY KWRX25

You're right. The water doesn't flow through pipes to get to your house. It gets there "magically", right?

#20 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-02-02 11:34 AM

Drudge Retort Headlines

3 More Deputies On Scene Did Not Enter School (108 comments)

House Intel Committee Releases Democratic Memo (100 comments)

China: America's Easy Gun Sales a Human Rights Problem (40 comments)

Rice 'Justifiably Concerned' Sharing Intel with Trump Administration (37 comments)

Poll: Trump Ratings Match His Lowest (36 comments)

What Life Without Retirement Savings Looks Like (32 comments)

Ted Cruz: 'Democrats Are the Party of Lisa Simpson' (28 comments)

Trump Reads Racist Anti-Immigrant Lyrics at CPAC (28 comments)

EPA Chief Says Bible Defends His Environmental Policies (25 comments)