Sunday, January 28, 2018

Teletubbies' Tinky Winky Dies

Tributes have been paid to actor Simon Shelton, best known for playing purple Teletubby Tinky Winky, following his death at the age of 52. ... Shelton took over the role of handbag-carrying Tinky Winky after original actor Dave Thompson was sacked in 1997. ... The original Teletubbies ran on the BBC from 1997 to 2001 and spawned a number one single, called Teletubbies say 'Eh-oh!', in December 1997.

Comments

RIP

#1 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-01-28 07:48 PM

How the heck did Gracie miss this? And the Ikea guy?

Not on TMZ dead celebrity alerts? :-)

#2 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-01-28 08:00 PM

Good freaking riddance. God, I hated that stupid show. My kids would stare at it like they'd been hypnotized. Creepy.

I mean, uh, rest in peace, my good man.

#3 | Posted by cbob at 2018-01-28 08:27 PM

I was SO happy my child was watching kid shows in the late eighties rather than the late nineties; watching friends with younger children being tortured daily by Teletubbies was gruesome!

The worst I suffered was Big Bird and Fraggle Rock, and they weren't so bad. Plus, she liked Donald Duck.

RIP to the actor, though.

#4 | Posted by Corky at 2018-01-28 09:16 PM

#2 I didn't miss either one. I didn't think the Teletubbies would draw much interest and I was busy the day the Ikea founder passed, figured day old news was not worthy.

#5 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2018-01-29 07:46 AM

Jerry Falwell finally got him! .. an it only took 20 years. Jayzus must be thrilled.... he's gonna tear that triangle right off his little purple head and throw him out of heaven into the buring pit of hell because that is what a loving gawd does to tubbies who spread the evils of homosexuality.

Creepy is right!!! Ugh!

Windows XP
cdn.arstechnica.net
Teletubbies at home
pbs.twimg.com

That is why I am a committed apple user.

#6 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2018-01-29 09:25 AM

Tinkie Winkie was the gay one. His purse was hilarious.

#7 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-01-29 12:17 PM

Jerry Falwell died? I'm so sorry to hear that.

#8 | Posted by moder8 at 2018-01-29 02:25 PM

Drudge Retort Headlines

Florida Governor: Those Under Age 21 Should Not Own Guns (281 comments)

3 More Deputies On Scene Did Not Enter School (90 comments)

Texas School Will Punish Any Student Who Protests (86 comments)

The AR-15 Inflicts Devastatingly Different Wounds (79 comments)

House Intel Committee Releases Democratic Memo (74 comments)

Parkland School Cop Didn't Enter Building (69 comments)

Gates Expected to Plead Guilty, Help Mueller (43 comments)

Teacher Bonuses for Guns But Not Education (38 comments)

Rice 'Justifiably Concerned' Sharing Intel with Trump Administration (31 comments)