Thursday, January 25, 2018

Botox Treatments Force 12 Camels Out of Beauty Pageant

Some pageant contestants hit a hump in the road this week. That is, a camel beauty contest in Saudi Arabia disqualified a dozen camels for receiving Botox injections to make them more attractive. Saudi media reported that a veterinarian was caught performing plastic surgery on the camels a few days before the pageant, according to UAE's The National. In addition to the injections, the clinic was surgically reducing the size of the animals' ears to make them appear more delicate.

Real money is at stake: About $57 million is awarded to winners of the contests and camel races, The National reports, with more than $31.8 million in prizes for just the pageants.

Comments

FTA: "They use Botox for the lips, the nose, the upper lips, the lower lips and even the jaw," Ali Al Mazrouei, a regular at such festivals and the son of a prominent Emirati breeder, told the newspaper. "It makes the head more inflated so when the camel comes it's like, 'Oh look at how big that head is. It has big lips, a big nose.' "

#1 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-24 06:07 PM

'Oh look at how big that head is. It has big lips, a big nose.'

Mazraouei makes it sound like the Red Queen is the judge.

#2 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-01-24 06:11 PM

Really botox for a camel?

ok... if you say so.

#3 | Posted by fresno500 at 2018-01-24 07:44 PM

Well the White Knight is clearly talking backwards.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2018-01-25 02:21 AM

Maybe those are the virgins we've been hearing about.

#5 | Posted by bat4255 at 2018-01-25 10:44 AM

Really botox for a camel?
ok... if you say so.

#3 | POSTED BY FRESNO500

We have a dog show where owners go to far greater lengths...

#6 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-01-25 11:18 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's animal cruelty.

#7 | Posted by LEgregius at 2018-01-25 12:52 PM

#6 Never knew, but you're probably right.

#9 | Posted by fresno500 at 2018-01-25 02:24 PM

When I ran across the article, I'm ashamed to admit it made me think of the Drudge Retort entry in Encyclopaedia Dramatica:

Somehow, Toaster managed to get a fine education in his beloved third-world hell on earth, and is thus able to communicate with people in faraway lands who've never been on the receiving end of an appreciative camel's "winking" p***y.

encyclopediadramatica.rs

#10 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-01-25 02:33 PM

I'm surprised this needs to be said.

But, Botox is the best treatment to remove wrinkles from a camel's toes.

#11 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-01-25 03:27 PM

Too bad this doesn't work for Kellyanne Conway... I swear that woman's face has no expression.

#12 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2018-01-26 06:36 AM

I find it interesting that J_Termain went missing just before this article came out.....

#13 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-01-26 07:14 PM

We always knew Rachel Maddow was doping

#14 | Posted by VanDamage at 2018-01-26 07:34 PM

Well the White Knight is clearly talking backwards.
#4 | Posted by Tor at 2018-01-25 02:21 AM

..And now if ere by chance I put my fingers in glue or madly squeeze a right-hand foot into a left-hand shoe or if I drop upon my toe a very heavy weight I weep for it reminds me so of that old man I used to know who's look was mild, who's speech was slow, who's hair was whiter than the snow, who's face was very like a crow, with eyes like cinders all aglow, who seemed distracted with his woe, who shook his body to and fro, who muttered mumbingly and low as if his mouth was full of dough, who snorted like a buffalo, that summer evening long ago, a-sitting on a gate.

#15 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-01-26 11:57 PM

Drudge Retort Headlines

3 More Deputies On Scene Did Not Enter School (106 comments)

House Intel Committee Releases Democratic Memo (92 comments)

The AR-15 Inflicts Devastatingly Different Wounds (85 comments)

Rice 'Justifiably Concerned' Sharing Intel with Trump Administration (35 comments)

China: America's Easy Gun Sales a Human Rights Problem (34 comments)

What Life Without Retirement Savings Looks Like (29 comments)

Ted Cruz: 'Democrats Are the Party of Lisa Simpson' (28 comments)

EPA Chief Says Bible Defends His Environmental Policies (25 comments)

Trump Reads Racist Anti-Immigrant Lyrics at CPAC (24 comments)

Parkland Student: 'We Should Call AR-15s Marco Rubio' (17 comments)