Monday, January 01, 2018

'Nigerian Prince' Arrested in Louisiana

A 67-year-old Slidell man [in Louisiana] who served as a go-between for an international team of scammers running a "Nigerian prince" email scheme has been arrested after an 18-month investigation. Michael Neu, who is neither Nigerian nor a prince, has been charged with 269 counts of wire fraud and money laundering. Neu helped shuttle fraudulently obtained money to his co-conspirators, some of whom actually do live in Nigeria, according to the Slidell Police Department.

Comments

He must be the "white sheep" of the family...

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-12-31 01:45 PM

I'd heard that he had died, no heirs.

me.me

#2 | Posted by Whizzo at 2017-12-31 02:38 PM

Can he be sentenced to a Nigerian prison?

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2017-12-31 03:00 PM

Look for the email asking for bail money, which if provided, will open up a treasure chest of vast riches unbeknown to non nigerians.

#4 | Posted by mutant at 2017-12-31 04:17 PM

I was thinking he looked more Cameroonian.

#5 | Posted by cbob at 2018-01-01 10:59 PM

It's been a long time since I heard from the Nigerian Prince. I sort of miss him. Some of his emails were kind of funny.

#6 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2018-01-02 09:22 AM

Don't worry, he's still around. He changed his name to Tremain.

#7 | Posted by boaz at 2018-01-02 11:55 AM

Sorry, but the "Nigerian Prince" was far smarter and much more clever than JTosseRigelMain.

#8 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-01-02 12:03 PM

RIGHT

" JTosseRigelMain."

------ said he had relatives that lived in Texas. Connect the dots.

#9 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-01-02 01:15 PM

Drudge Retort Headlines

Man Brought to U.S. at Age 10 Deported at 39 (91 comments)

Cotton, Perdue Keep Lying About Trump's S---hole (82 comments)

The Humiliation of Aziz Ansari (73 comments)

Uninsured Rate Rising Under Trumpcare (46 comments)

White House Doctor Says He's Not Nuts (45 comments)

Meet the Liberal CEO of Sonic Drive-In (43 comments)

Bannon Subpoenaed in Mueller's Russia Investigation (30 comments)

Vet Sues VA over Scalpel Left in Body After Surgery (22 comments)