Monday, December 25, 2017

Woman Gets $284,460,000,000 Electric Bill

A Pennsylvania utility customer got the shock of her life after checking on her monthly electric bill and seeing that she owed $284 billion. "My eyes just about popped out of my head," Erie homeowner Mary Horomanski, 58, told the Erie Times-News. "We had put up Christmas lights and I wondered if we had put them up wrong."

Comments

That must have been rather...shocking.

#1 | Posted by qcp at 2017-12-25 08:41 PM

I heard she charged it.

#2 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-12-25 08:43 PM

A jolt to the senses for sure.

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-12-25 09:22 PM

Thanks goodness for that Clean Coal--otherwise her bill would have been much bigger...

#4 | Posted by catdog at 2017-12-26 08:13 AM

#5 | Posted by squinch at 2017-12-26 12:21 PM

You know those outside Christmas light displays can really suck up the power!

#6 | Posted by MSgt at 2017-12-26 06:42 PM

I got a $5,000.00 electric bill once. I called the power company. They laughed and said they'd send me a new bill. Then they did; for $7,000.00. #5 | POSTED BY SQUINCH

What were you doing?

#7 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-12-26 11:19 PM

He was mining bit coins!!

I deal with numbers all the time and sometimes you get junk results. It's just part of life, you're supposed to know when you get one.

I had someone call me in a panic this month. Her sisters Wells Fargo statement said she lost 57 million. Thing was, it was a 1600 dollar mutual fund position. Somehow a computer miscalculated a capital gain distribution. I said calm down and give it a day to correct.

When you get junk numbers I've been trained to recognize that, and taught you don't 'get' the bad number. Even if it's published in an official source

#8 | Posted by DavetheWave at 2017-12-27 11:55 AM

Drudge Retort Headlines

White House Budget Director: Shutdown 'Kind of Cool' (68 comments)

Oxfam: World's Richest 1% Hoard 82% of the Wealth (50 comments)

Senate Votes to End Shut Down (45 comments)

When Trump's Foreign Policy Luck Runs Out (19 comments)

Opinion: Fix NFL PR Nightmare? Put a Woman in Charge (18 comments)

Patriots vs. Eagles (17 comments)

White House Answering Machine Message Lays Blame (15 comments)

Voters Disapprove of Trump, Doubt His Mental Stability (14 comments)

What Killed the Aztecs? After 500 Years, We May Know (14 comments)