Thursday, December 07, 2017

Fleetwood Mac Reuniting for Farewell Tour

Fleetwood Mac fans just got the news they've been waiting for. The iconic '70s band plans to reunite for a farewell tour next year! Keyboardist Christine McVie confirmed the news on the BBC TV show The One Show this summer. "We're going to start rehearsing in March, next year," she told host Alex Jones. "The tour is around June. It will be global." Fleetwood Mac vocalist Stevie Nicks mentioned a possible tour in a Rolling Stone interview back in March. Now, McVie's comments seem to confirm the "rumours" once and for all. Fleetwood Mac last headlined a show back in November 2015. So fans of the band probably feel like this reunion is long overdue!

Pleas oh please have Jacksonville or Atlanta on the tour!

Comments

I need to see them live. Preferably at the Forum.

#1 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-12-07 02:49 PM

Label it for what it is... "The we need more money tour 2018"

#2 | Posted by 726 at 2017-12-07 03:27 PM

I love me some Fleetwood Mac. But come on. They have had like 4 previous "Farewell Tours". I'm with 726. It's about the money.

#3 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2017-12-07 03:46 PM

Will Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwan be there? If not, forget it. The 1970's version of this band ("Rumors", etc.) was a bunch of drugged-out people arguing with each other while creating boring lite rock. No thanks...

#4 | Posted by catdog at 2017-12-07 04:56 PM

#4 | POSTED BY CATDOG

Booo! You dirty hipsters suck.

#5 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-12-07 05:03 PM

No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money.

--Samuel Johnson

#6 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-12-07 05:33 PM

#4 | Posted by catdog at 2017-12-07 04:56 PM

So, I take it you are not a fan of the 1973 Buckingham Nicks album? While Rumors is incredible, Tusk is perhaps my favorite of their songs for it's quads arrangement.

#7 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2017-12-07 05:45 PM

Label it for what it is... "The we need more money tour 2018"

Of course it is, it's not about the "art", just ask Nickelback and Creed.

#8 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-12-07 06:24 PM

Alex Jones sucks.

#9 | Posted by bat4255 at 2017-12-07 07:50 PM

Cher should sue them for stealing her very successful "farewell tour" industry. I'll be honest, Fleetwood Mac was fairly entertaining, definitely not great, but I wouldn't pay $5 to see them today. And I'll bet you the tickets are over $100 even for the cheap seats. NO thanks.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2017-12-08 08:20 AM

Indy: I can think of no greater slur than to be called a 'hipster'.

Peter Green helped found the band, and he is still alive and playing. Why not include someone described as 'better than Clapton', and who saw Carlos Santana cover one of his songs? Oh yea, because he plays that scary Blues music, rather than something that two old ladies can sing while spinning around stage like they're at a happening in Golden Gate Park in 1968...

#11 | Posted by catdog at 2017-12-08 08:53 AM

Indy: I can think of no greater slur than to be called a 'hipster'.

#11 | POSTED BY CATDOG AT 2017-12-08 08:53 AM | FLAG:

You know, it is possible that two people have differing opinions without one being lame and other "correct."

I am a fan of both the bluesy version of Fleetwood Mac and their later, unabashedly pop style. They were making smart, engaging music for as long as any band could reasonably hope. The recent Buckingham/Christine McVie record sounds pretty good, what I've heard. I saw the Mac at their peak in the late 70s (I was just a kid!) and might consider going to see them again if the price is right. Which it likely will NOT be, because mainstream concert prices are ridiculous these days.

#12 | Posted by cbob at 2017-12-08 09:26 AM

You goobers realize that 'Rumours' and 'Tusk' were over 40 years ago? BTW, Tusk was their best album.

I wonder how many people will be listening to the crappy casio-sounding music being played today 40 years later?

Lindsay Buckingham is the greatest guitarist of popular music, ever! Keep your blues guitarists, I am talking about true virtuosity and the ability to construct a good song. Many, many guitarists were great but they couldn't construct a listenable song.

#13 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-12-08 09:31 AM

only if I can watch them snort coke of what's-her-name's arse.

#14 | Posted by uncle_meat at 2017-12-08 06:06 PM

#13;

"Tusk was their best album." Unless we're counting the Dance live album :P

#15 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-12-08 06:38 PM

only if I can watch them snort coke of what's-her-name's arse.

#14 | POSTED BY UNCLE_MEAT

They're about 70 years old. They may snort some metamucil.

#16 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-12-09 09:39 AM

Drudge Retort Headlines

'I Have a Dream' (210 comments)

Trump Calls DACA 'Probably Dead,' Dodges Blame (96 comments)

Man Brought to U.S. at Age 10 Deported at 39 (82 comments)

Chelsea Manning Running for Senate (42 comments)

All Immigration Was Legal Before 1882 (37 comments)

Uninsured Rate Rising Under Trumpcare (36 comments)

Cotton, Perdue Keep Lying About Trump's S---hole (34 comments)

Bannon Subpoenaed in Mueller's Russia Investigation (26 comments)

The Humiliation of Aziz Ansari (23 comments)