Friday, December 01, 2017

Eyeball tattoo woman partially blind, cries purple tears

A model whose botched eyeball tattoo left her partially blind and cry purple tears has said she was considering having her eye removed.

Catt Gallinger, from Ottawa, Canada, had the white of her eyeball, known as the sclera, injected with dye.

But hours after letting her ex-boyfriend inject purple ink into her left eye, it had swollen shut causing her to partially lose her vision. The 24-year-old body modification enthusiast has suffered severe pain ever since.

After multiple failed treatments to get her eyesight back, Gallinger said she was "very close to asking for removal".

In an emotional Facebook post last week, she said "my hope is gone".

She has experienced severe depression, lost weight and has quit modelling.

"There have been a lot of times where I've thought, if I have to live like this for the rest of my life, I'd rather get [my eye] taken out," she said, calling for the tattoos to be banned.

Comments

Who on earth lets their BF or GF stick a needle in their eye???

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-12-01 11:18 AM

ex-boyfriend

Oh... just noticed. He's "ex" now.....

#2 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-12-01 11:19 AM

God I hope she doesn't reproduce.

#3 | Posted by jpw at 2017-12-01 11:29 AM

I say leave this legal. Let all the people without enough common sense go blind so we can easily tell who they are. Seriously why on earth would injecting ink in your eye sound like a good plan.

#4 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2017-12-01 11:50 AM

Skin pigment color self mutation changing technology is going to be big in our ever devolving future.

My commercial for this is going to be all Dove soap like....

www.google.com

#5 | Posted by mutant at 2017-12-01 01:09 PM

Dummkopt

#6 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-12-01 03:34 PM

Drudge Retort Headlines

Oxfam: World's Richest 1% Hoard 82% of the Wealth (162 comments)

Man Arrested in Threat Against CNN Employees (150 comments)

Senate Votes to End Shut Down (75 comments)

Russian Bots Blame Schumer For Shutdown (45 comments)

Blue States Are the Engine Driving Job Gains (38 comments)

China Winning in Scientific Productivity (32 comments)

Senators Used Talking Stick During Bipartisan Budget Talks (24 comments)

Doctor Living in U.S. Since Age 5 Faces Deportation (23 comments)