Thursday, November 30, 2017

Accuser to Roy Moore: "Where Does Your Immorality End?"

In an impassioned letter released exclusively... to AL.com, Leigh Corfman, who accused Roy Moore of undressing her when she was 14 and he was 32, demanded the Republican Senate candidate stop calling her a liar, and attacking her character and end his "smears and false denials." Corfman decided to write the open letter after hearing Moore's own remarks [Monday] night at a rally in Henagar, his first public appearance in nearly two weeks.

Mr. Moore,

When the Washington Post approached me about what you did to me as a child, I told them what happened, just as I had told family and friends years before. I stand by every word. You responded by denying the truth. You told the world that you didn't even know me. Others in recent days have had the decency to acknowledge their hurtful actions and apologize for similar behavior, but not you. So I gave an interview on television so that people could judge for themselves whether I was telling the truth. You sent out your spokesmen to call me a liar. Day after day.

Finally, last night, you did the dirty work yourself. You called me malicious, and you questioned my motivation in going public. I explained my motivation on the Today show. I said that this is not political for me, this is personal. As a 14-year old, I did not deserve to have you, a 32-year old, prey on me. I sat quietly for too long, out of concern for my family. No more.

I am not getting paid for speaking up. I am not getting rewarded from your political opponents. What I am getting is stronger by refusing to blame myself and speaking the truth out loud. The initial barrage of attacks against me voiced by your campaign spokespersons and others seemed petty so I did not respond. But when you personally denounced me last night and called me slanderous names, I decided that I am done being silent. What you did to me when I was 14-years old should be revolting to every person of good morals. But now you are attacking my honesty and integrity. Where does your immorality end?

I demand that you stop calling me a liar and attacking my character. Your smears and false denials, and those of others who repeat and embellish them, are defamatory and damaging to me and my family. I am telling the truth, and you should have the decency to admit it and apologize.

Leigh Corfman

Comments

Short answer: It doesn't, it is what he is.

#1 | Posted by tonyroma at 2017-11-30 09:11 AM

Ms. Corfman, I am sorry to tell you this but Roy Moore told you where his morality ended 30 years ago. The man is a pig. He will never change. And let's not forget about his supporters who clearly know you are telling the truth but deny it anyway while claiming to be good Christians. If Roy Moore does get elected to the Senate it will be just another injustice from the state that prides itself on injustice. Just glad I'm not from Alabama, I'd be ashamed to call it home.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-30 09:28 AM

Ignorant, sinful heathens. Moore is simply following the teaching of Christ and being chastised for it:

But Jesus said, "suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

--Matthew 19:14 (KJV)

/s
//I wish I were being totally facetious, but I can imagine some of his supporters believe this twisted view.

#3 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-11-30 09:49 AM

#3 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-11-30

As a Christian, I view what is emerging from the Right as a religious cult.

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2017-11-30 10:10 AM

Just glad I'm not from Alabama, I'd be ashamed to call it home.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-30 09:28 AMFlag: (Choose)FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusive

They seem highly invested in their backwater status. I hope their decision to elect Moore costs the State money.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2017-11-30 10:11 AM

I love her letter. It says it all and very "diplomatically" even. What restraint.

#6 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-11-30 10:30 AM

Sadly, for pedos like Moore, it won't ever end, even with a loss or when the Senate refuses to seat him.

#7 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-11-30 03:09 PM

That letter was very depressing.

I feel sorry for her and my hate towards people who diminish Roy Moore's sexual assault is boiling over.

As a 14-year old, I did not deserve to have you, a 32-year old, prey on me.

---- all of you who would equate Moore's actions to anyone else's.

#8 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-30 03:17 PM

---- all of you who would equate Moore's actions to anyone else's.

Pretty sure you just told yourself to ---- off, since you are the only one doing that.

#9 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-11-30 03:23 PM

I've never equated Moore's actions to anyone else's.

I have pointed out Moore's actions are by far worse than any of the garbage republicans are coming up with.

When it comes to equating Moore. We mainly got Jeff. Who like to compare him to Franken every chance he gets.

And then there's people like you. Who pretend to condemn Moore. But. Really don't giving a damn.

#10 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-30 03:33 PM

Awww, Clowny gets called out for his BS and then resorts to assigning positions...

And here I though Corky had the thinnest skin on the DR Left.

#11 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-11-30 03:37 PM

CS, It doesn't matter what we say; it will always be mischaracterized by folks who want to score political points.

#12 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-30 03:40 PM

- And here I though Corky

So nice to know those who are always thinking about me.

But, perhaps if you didn't spend so much time around here deflecting for rwingers, various people wouldn't call you out on it so much, ya think?

#13 | Posted by Corky at 2017-11-30 03:46 PM

One thing is clear. Roy Moore's immorality ends somewhere far before the morality of the typical GOP voter in Alabama begins.

#14 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-11-30 03:51 PM

#12 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY AT 2017-11-30 03:40 PM

"CS" is mischaracterizing what people say.

Even if you agree that Roy Moore is a pedo who needs to go, and that Trump is a scumbag for defending him, somehow according to "CS" you are also a pedophile if you... object to other forms of sexual assault? Interesting standard being set here.

#15 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-11-30 04:26 PM

All human behavior has a reason. All behavior is solving a problem.

--Michael Crichton, Disclosure

#16 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-11-30 04:45 PM

Even if you agree that Roy Moore is a pedo who needs to go,

Who cares if you agree or not. Roy Moore is a pedo who needs to go.

and that Trump is a scumbag for defending him,

Absolutely.

According to me what? You got a link to where I posted that?

Or would you like some dressing for all that straw?

#17 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-30 05:14 PM

#11 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

This? Coming from you?! Laughable.

#9 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

In psychology they call what you do, projection.

It's when you attribute someone else a behavior of your own.

#18 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-30 05:20 PM

According to me what? You got a link to where I posted that?

Blur the lines between child molestation and the placement of a hand during a picture.
#116 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2017-11-30 01:51 PM

According to "CS" you are a pedophile if you object to groping women against their will, even if you agree with "CS" that pedophiles like Roy Moore need to go.

What a low bar, you don't even have to do anything a pedo does, just merely object to the sexual misconduct of members of the wrong party, and according to "CS," that makes you a pedo as well.

Interesting standard set here.

#19 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-11-30 05:31 PM

Wow what a powerful letter..she really put Moore in his place.

The woman is a compelling complainant. It must be incredibly difficult to come out like this.

If he somehow gets elected, it'll be fun watching the Senate get rid of him.

#20 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-11-30 06:04 PM

#9 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

In psychology they call what you do, projection.

It's when you attribute someone else a behavior of your own.

#18 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2017-11-30 05:20 PM

Just today, a sampling of Clowny's posts:

So far. Franken is accused of posing for pictures with women.

Whereas Moore molested young girls.

Totally the same!!

POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2017-11-30 12:59 PM

That's a dishonest tactic utilized to be able to compare Moore to Franken.

POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2017-11-30 12:08 PM

Someone touches your butt for 3 to 4 seconds while taking a photograph you requested and that is considered sexual harassment?

Absolutely much worse than molesting 14 year old girls or forcing yourself on women and grabbing their p***ies.

POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2017-11-30 12:04 PM

Thanks for the information Jeff.

How's your boy Roy Moore doing?

He rape any more 14 year olds lately?

POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2017-11-30 11:36 AM

Projection indeed.

Now you should probably take your own advice.

#21 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-11-30 06:05 PM

RoC you're slipping bro.

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-30 06:11 PM

Actually. If you can comprehend what I wrote. It's not what you're trying to make it be.

The constant attemp by conservatives and republicans to make Franken's actions equatable to Moore's is an attempt to either diminish Moore's actions or exacerbate Franken's.

Which is why I wrote "blur the lines between child molestation and the placement of a hand during a picture."

So take your straw, and eat it.

#23 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-30 06:21 PM

If he somehow gets elected, it'll be fun watching the Senate get rid of him.

The Senate won't get rid of him. They're eager to get him elected so they can vote of their awful tax plan.

Trump is champing on the bit to get him elected.

#24 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-30 06:24 PM

I agree they won't get rid of him. They will say, the people of Alabama have spoken.

#25 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-30 06:52 PM

the people of Alabama have spoken.

#25 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY

The people of Pedobama...

#26 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-30 09:09 PM

So take your straw, and eat it.
#23 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2017-11-30 06:21 PM

I didn't equate Moore's pedophilia with Franken's groping.

So take your straw and eat it. And choke on it.

#27 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-12-01 12:29 AM

I didn't equate Moore's pedophilia with Franken's groping.
#27 | POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE AT 2017-12-01 12:29 AM | FLAG:

Really?

Roy Moore molesting a child does not make it ok for Al Franken to molest a woman. Jesus.
#35 | POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE AT 2017-11-30 12:30 PM | FLAG:

By reading that it would seem the only difference between what Franken and Moore did was molest females of different ages.

I mean. I could have misinterpreted your definitions for "molesting". But undressing a 14 year old girl and touching her naked body, isn't the same as posing for a photograph.

I did notice in your #27 you did differentiate between groping and pedophilia.

So perhaps you were simply being lazy with your use of molesting.

#28 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-12-01 12:48 AM

#28 I was just saying the cases needed to be judged individually. That Moore's peodphilia is not cover for Franken's much lesser allegations, AND visa versa for Repubs trying to distract.

#29 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-12-01 12:55 AM

So perhaps you were simply being lazy

Now it's a war you -----------.

#30 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-12-01 12:57 AM

Well. Let's hug and make up. I usually enjoy reading your posts.

I'll accept I may have misinterpreted the intention of your post.

#31 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-12-01 12:59 AM

Well. Let's hug and make up. I usually enjoy reading your posts.

I'll accept I may have misinterpreted the intention of your post.

Posted by ClownShack at 2017-12-01 12:59 AM | Reply

Awwwwwwwwww there's love in the air. That's romantic.

#32 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-12-01 01:00 AM

He called me lazy, no love here, only death and destruction.

#33 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-12-01 01:02 AM

"Let's hug"
-CS

Fine.

#34 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-12-01 01:03 AM

"Let's hug"
-CS

"Fine."
-LoD

If I end up touching your butt it's absolutely a sexual advance and will probably leave you feeling molested.

#35 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-12-01 01:08 AM

Awwwwwwwwww there's love in the air. That's romantic.
#32 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR AT 2017-12-01 01:00 AM | FLAG:

I got a hug for you too, Laura.

I'll probably end up cupping your bosoms.

#36 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-12-01 01:10 AM

#36 |

A visual none of us will soon forget.

#37 | Posted by Corky at 2017-12-01 01:14 AM

I got a hug for you too, Laura.

I'll probably end up cupping your bosoms.

Posted by ClownShack at 2017-12-01 01:10 AM | Reply

THANK GOD Someone wants to feel me up. Feeling myself up is boring.

#38 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-12-01 01:15 AM

Moore sounds pretty damn guilty to me. I kept hearing things about how multiple police officers and the district attorney knew all about him.

Then Frankengroper might have grabbed someones ----- or booty or something, but what Moore was doing is more like 4th order creepiness.

#39 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-12-01 01:53 AM

Drudge Retort Headlines

Shutdown (177 comments)

Steele: 'This Shutdown Rests at the Feet of the GOP' (40 comments)

God Said Defendant Is Not Guilty, Judge Tells Jury (22 comments)

White House Budget Director: Shutdown 'Kind of Cool' (17 comments)

When Trump's Foreign Policy Luck Runs Out (17 comments)

White House Answering Machine Message Lays Blame (13 comments)

Trump Tells Activists He Opposes Childbirth (13 comments)

City With 3.7 Million Residents Has Three Months of Water Left (11 comments)

Four Different DNA Tests Reveal Four Different Genetic Results (11 comments)