Monday, November 20, 2017

Kathy Griffin Complains She's Unemployable

Kathy Griffin can't stop whining.

In a new YouTube video, the comedian complained about not being able to find work after she says she was blacklisted by Hollywood for posing with a severed, bloodied head of President Trump.

"I'm getting a lot of online hate from trolls who think I've lost my mind. And I am admitting I lost my mind because it's what made me a star in the first place," she said in the video titled "Kathy Griffin's State of the Union."

Comments

"I'm fully in the middle of a blacklist, a Hollywood blacklist."

It's only a blacklist if the companies that don't want to hire her are being organized about it. Maybe they all individually reached the decision she's toxic because of her Trump head stunt. Or maybe her appeal as an entertainer isn't what it used to be.

In any case she's still famous enough to get press attention like this and owns a $10.5 million home in Bel Air. She has enough resources to make something useful of herself.

#1 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-20 01:53 PM

Anyone shocked that an insult comic went too far and now can't find work? I'm speechless. I loved her portrayal of young Ron Weasely in the first Harry Potter movies, though.

#2 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-11-20 02:23 PM

She is currently on a successful world tour. She has fans on many contintents. Trump....not so much.

www.kathygriffin.net

#3 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-20 03:24 PM

- She is currently on a successful world tour. #3 | POSTED BY DANNI

"I just want you guys to know that when I get home I don't have one single day of paid work in front of me...my legal bills are through the roof...I still say the end goal is for younger women and younger LGBT folks or disenfranchised people of any kind can watch me survive, and with a sense of humor," Griffin said.

#4 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-11-20 03:26 PM

She's worth $20 million. Half of that is a $10.5 million dollar LA mansion. All she has to do is live a moderate lifestyle and she never has to work again.

#5 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-11-20 03:52 PM

Kathy Griffin Complains Words and actions have consequences.

Welcome to adulthood.

#6 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2017-11-20 04:01 PM

"All she has to do is li itve a moderate lifestyle and she never has to work again."

She should write a memoir called "Kathy Griffin Shrugged."

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-20 04:17 PM

I don't think an imagined blacklist has anything to do with it.

She just isn't that good. There are better comedians out there.

#8 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-11-20 04:22 PM

She makes me want to shoot my eardrums out. I CAN'T STAND her shrill nasally voice.

#9 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-20 04:24 PM

Kathy Griffin Complains Words and actions have consequences.

Welcome to adulthood.

#6 | Posted by AndreaMackris

Gonna have to agree with that.

Can't wait until President Trump starts seeing the consequences of his words and actions and we start holding him accountable like an adult instead of treating him like he is a kindergartner that doesn't know any better.

#11 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-20 07:15 PM

If Kathy doesn't fritter her money away, she has enough that she'll be fine.

#12 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2017-11-20 10:06 PM

It's L.A., everyone fritters their money away.

#13 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-20 10:07 PM

She's another Kapernick. Her talent is dwarfed by the fact that that she's a pain in the ass.

#14 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2017-11-20 10:59 PM

All she has to do is live a moderate lifestyle and she never has to work again.

Define "moderate"...

#15 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-21 02:08 AM

"I don't think an imagined blacklist has anything to do with it."

Do you think she belongs on the "no fly list?" Do you think other members of her family belong on it? They are on it. Trump uses his office to punish those who criticize him or make fun of him. He's Nixon with more ridiculous hair.

#16 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-21 06:46 AM

She should write a memoir called "Kathy Griffin Shrugged."

#7 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2017-11-20 04:17 PM | FLAG:

It'll be all about how the pesky government is keeping down through regulations, and awarding those sweet comedy gigs through crony capitalism.

#17 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-11-21 08:05 AM

#16 IS she on the No-Fly list? She's the only one making that claim, and she's claiming she's also on an Interpol list and a "5 Eyes" list. Why would anyone believe the words coming out of her mouth? She makes a living saying outrageous things and turning that into media coverage.

#18 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-11-21 08:12 AM

Kathy Griffin Complains Words and actions have consequences.

Welcome to adulthood.

#6 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2017-11-20 04:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

Her problem is that she joked about killing a white president. Ask Ted Nugent for tips.

#19 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-21 08:17 AM

Danni,

"Do you think she belongs on the "no fly list?" Do you think other members of her family belong on it? They are on it."

According to Kathy Griffin she "was" on the list for 2 months.

As of the end of Oct she said she is detained but she is not on the no fly list.

#20 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2017-11-21 05:31 PM

Anybody who threatens a sitting head of State should be not only on the no fly list, but physically incarcerated. Madona, Rosie O, and several others.

#21 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2017-11-21 08:39 PM

She decided to step into politics and try to step back out. That's not how it works.

#22 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-11-22 09:19 AM

Drudge Retort Headlines

Bloomberg: Food Stamps Should Be Spent on Food (173 comments)

Trump Doing Massive Damage to Federal Courts (82 comments)

California Bullet Train Cost $2.8 Billion (73 comments)

$100,000 to Charity If Trump Steps on Accurate Scale (45 comments)

Trump Tweet Blows Up GOP Strategy to Avoid Shutdown (38 comments)

Feds Plot Massive NoCal Immigration Sweep (38 comments)

Bannon Thinks He Can Defy Congress (35 comments)

Trump's Year 1 Approval 18% Below Obama's (30 comments)

Wisconsin's FoxConn Bribe Rises to $4.5 Billion (29 comments)