Bush Countdown Clock
Add the Clock to Your Desktop
On a Windows XP system, you can add the Bush Countdown Clock applet directly to your desktop (there also are separate instructions for Windows 2000 and Me users and Windows 95 and 98 users). To add the applet directly to your Windows XP desktop:
1. Right-click an empty area on your desktop, then choose the menu command Properties. The Display Properties dialog box will open.
2. Click the Desktop tab to bring it to the front.
3. Click the Customize Desktop button. The Desktop Items dialog box will open.
4. Click the Web tab to bring it to the front.
5. Click the New button. The New Desktop Dialog box will open.
6. In the Location field, enter the text http://www.drudge.com/bushclock/timer and then click the OK button. The Add item to Active Desktop dialog box will open.
7. Click the OK button, then click the OK button to close the Desktop Items dialog and save your changes to your desktop. The Bush countdown clock will be added to your desktop with a lot of empty space below the applet.
8. If you would like to adjust the size of the applet on your desktop, place your mouse over an edge you would like to move. After a few seconds, your cursor will change to an up-down arrow or a left-right arrow. When it does, drag the edge to change the size.
9. You can also move the applet to a different spot on your desktop. Place your mouse over the applet. After a few seconds, a gray border will appear around it. Drag the top edge of this border (the title bar) to a new location.
10. After the applet has been added to your desktop, it may disappear occasionally after you reboot. To bring it back, right-click the applet window and choose the Refresh menu command.
If you have any problems with this, please send the details in e-mail so I can update this page.