Drudge Retort: The Other Side of the News

Drudge Retort

User Info


Subscribe to fedupwithpols's blog Subscribe


Special Features

Thursday, August 11, 2016

HOW can America's leaders foster broad prosperity? For most Republicans -- including Donald J. Trump -- the main answer is to "cut and extract": Cut taxes and business regulations, including pesky restrictions on the extraction of natural resources, and the economy will boom.

Mr. Trump and House Speaker Paul Ryan are united by the conviction that cutting taxes -- especially on corporations and the wealthy -- is what drives growth. read more

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Waste people. Rubbish. Clay-eaters. Hillbillies. Two new books that reckon with the long, bleak history of the country's white poor suggest their plight shouldn't have caught the rest of the country off guard. read more


Politics is about trends and tendencies.

The support for Trump's candidacy by many that call themselves conservatives has forced some conservative elites to rethink some of their long held positions. A new term has emerged to describe the Reform Conservative Movement: Reformacons.


I think Reformacons are taking a step in the right direction but their insistence on local control is a non-starter because: 1) I don't trust states to fairly allocate resources; 2) Nor do I trust them to use money exclusively for the purpose it was intended. There needs to be a higher power that they answer to.

Drudge Retort

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2016 World Readable