Most of this discussion is missing the point.
1) LadyGaga is losing relevance, so he needs a way to be spoken about again. The Mickey Mouse girl is cutting in on his turf.
2) LadyGaga is a genetic male, according to the professional female impersonators that my kids get their haircuts from...and so far I can't falsify their hypothesis. His over the top costuming is straight* out of the gay club culture, rent Party Monster (if memory serves) for an example.
3) The high probability that 15-20 joints/day is time impossible for anyone not in a cell.
4) The extremely rare hip fracture in a non senior citizen. Something way deeper is going on there. If he has to keep a high estrogen level without a period, like an amenorrheaic runner, would the fractures they get, be plaguing him?
5) The pain he feels is psychogenic and not related to any physical sign or symptom, I.e., joint pain. If that is true, pot would be an effective distractant, if only while under the influence.
We have endogenous cannabinoids and their receptors in the brain (yup we make them and have them) and they have very little to nothing to do with pain management. More recently, synthetic selective CB2 agonists may be useful for pain, but they don't exist in nature. Natural CB1, CB2 receptor agonists are non selective. CB1, the one that is psychoactive is about appetite and mood alteration. CB2 which is more spread out in the body's immune system have actions with inflammation and such. The reduction of inflammation has a pain lowering effect, so maybe, but not the drug of choice.
I can understand the celebrity caution of scripts like Oxy and Benzos, since ppl are dying from those from whoopsies (just a little too much alcohol...) all around "Lady" for years now. Polypharmia being the rule instead of the exception with ppl of wealth, (or kids in foster care...) but like Dr. Feelgood^ injecting the US elite and Hollywood celebrities with meth, way way before Breaking Bad, there's nothing like drug dependence to leverage compliance. Yes, the likes of JFK, Marilyn Monroe and even Judy Garland and Elizabeth Taylor were all Dr. Feelgood's "patients." Imagine the leverage you would have over a creation like LadyGaga?
Taking a puff attacks the hippocampus, where you manage and create new memories, much like MNDA (ecstasy or Mali), and damaging the hippocampus is Alzheimer's, so oh man, are we gonna have a nation of walking old ppl without a clue, and younger ppl who can't learn. Wait, we already have that...
^He lived to 79, so his meth concoction must have been different than the street drugs...he was always high on meth.