Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Pvt. Chelsea Manning, the transgender soldier convicted of giving classified government materials to WikiLeaks, was freed from a Kansas military prison early Wednesday morning after serving seven years of her 35-year sentence. "After another anxious four months of waiting, the day has finally arrived. I am looking forward to so much! Whatever is ahead of me, is far more important than the past. I'm figuring things out right now -- which is exciting, awkward, fun, and all new for me," Manning said in a statement released by the ACLU. She also tweeted a photo of two feet with the caption "First steps of freedom!"

Comments

Crowd: Trump endangered the country by leaking classified info to Russia.

Same Crowd: Thank god Chelsea Manning is finally free!

#1 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2017-05-17 10:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Does Newty Gingrich and his Robot looking wife use the same barber?

#2 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-05-17 10:53 AM | Reply

Ones paid their debt to society ---- the other has ------- like you hustling to bury the turds

#3 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-05-17 10:55 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

"Manning freed from Prison"

Eli was traded?!?

#4 | Posted by pumpkinhead at 2017-05-17 11:37 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I think I'm more pissed this dirtbag is still on active duty.

#5 | Posted by boaz at 2017-05-17 11:48 AM | Reply

Crowd: Trump endangered the country by leaking classified info to Russia.
Same Crowd: Thank god Chelsea Manning is finally free!

#1 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS

Can people who write stuff like this not see they are a flip side of the same coin they are criticizing?

#6 | Posted by memyselfini at 2017-05-17 11:48 AM | Reply

I didn't approve of what she did but then I didn't approve of her being placed in solitary confinement. I'm glad she is free. George Bush walks around free so jailing those who tried to reveal his crimes just doesn't seem like justice to me. Look at the ME today and then tell me with a straight face that Bush/Cheney/Bremer/Rumsfeld don't all belong in prison.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2017-05-17 12:31 PM | Reply

Crowd: Trump endangered the country by leaking classified info to Russia.
Same Crowd: Thank god Chelsea Manning is finally free!

#1 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS AT 2017-05-17 10:51 AM | FLAG:

Are you suggesting a seven year prison term for Trump?

#8 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-05-17 01:46 PM | Reply

Dang, Chelsea Manning and Hillary Clinton could've been cell mates.

#9 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-05-17 03:19 PM | Reply

#9 - If only you didn't wake up from that wet dream, eh?

#10 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-05-17 03:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Three cheers for Chelsea Manning, for bringing light and truth into all our lives. I apologize for the humiliation and torture you have suffered, at the hands of the US Government, on account of your truth telling.

In many small ways Obama proves Corky's point, that the Wussies really are a better choice. Its still unfortunate our choices as voters are as limited as they are.

#11 | Posted by nutcase at 2017-05-17 04:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Obama is correct. Her sentence was excessive. To be clear,I have no problem with her being sent to prison for her crime. But I also have no problem with the sentence being commute to be commensurate with her prior criminal conduct (none), her cooperation with law enforcement (extensive) and the actual nature of the criminal behavior she engaged in.

It's known as justice.

In all ways I consider Trump divulging classified information to the RUSSIAN SPY MASTER in the Oval Office to be far more egregious.

#12 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-05-17 05:34 PM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY MEMYSELFINI AT 2017-05-17 11:48 AM | REPLY

Those of us on neither side think it's funny as hell.

#13 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-05-17 05:48 PM | Reply