Thursday, April 20, 2017

President Donald Trump said he was sending "an armada" to Korean waters to potentially deal with threats from Pyongyang. But its no-show has caused some South Koreans to question his leadership and strategy regarding their unpredictable neighbor in the north. "What Mr. Trump said was very important for the national security of South Korea," presidential candidate Hong Joon-pyo told the Wall Street Journal. "If that was a lie, then during Trump's term, South Korea will not trust whatever Trump says," said Hong, who is currently trailing in the polls.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

One newspaper headline called it Trump's "Carl Vinson lie," and speculated that the Russian and Chinese leaders must have had a good laugh at its absence.

Meant to present a robust defense against a potential nuclear test by Pyongyang, the report likened the bluff to North Korea's shows of force, where "fake missiles" are paraded through the streets of the North Korean capital.

Comments

So much winning!

Days without being a national embarrassment - 0

#1 | Posted by 726 at 2017-04-20 08:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 9

Did donald say when he was sending his "armada"?

Well no he didn't. I can't find anything that says donald's armada was going to arrive any time in 2017. Or ever.

All he said was "We are sending an armada". I'm sure they will get to it eventually. But not this week... it's Mara Lego time!

#2 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-04-20 08:32 PM | Reply

"said Hong, who is currently trailing in the polls."

No better way to insert yourself into the newscycle then chum the waters with a bash on Trump.

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-04-20 08:39 PM | Reply

As I was driving to my parents house this afternoon (routine visit), my iPod presented me with the following...

www.youtube.com

and I thought, where is Ms Smith when we really, really need her?

I will add that I consider it to the credit of the Trump administration that VP Pence said that they blew it.

But really. I mean REALLY, friggin' REALLY

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-04-20 08:41 PM | Reply

it all depends on the time frame that you think the word "sending" implied

#5 | Posted by ABlock at 2017-04-20 08:48 PM | Reply

Using their security so offhandedly I bet got a few peoples attention.

#6 | Posted by fresno500 at 2017-04-20 09:05 PM | Reply

it all depends on the time frame that you think the word "sending" implied

I don't know if I'd want to sit out on that limb with you.

VP Pence said they goofed.

imo, VP Pence is one of the adult supervisors in the room.

I don't necessarily agree with some of the political opinions that VP Pence holds, but [in the Klingon sense] I do consider him to be a person with honor, and I appreciate that he is there.

[aside: wow, my browser's spell check know the word "Klingon"]

#7 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-04-20 09:07 PM | Reply

The flaw with Righties here, they cant just ever come out and admit that "yeah, that was pretty boneheaded" and move on.

#8 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2017-04-20 10:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

#3 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER AT 2017-04-20 08:39 PM | REPLY

No better way to shill for Donnie than to deflect and purposefully misunderstand the point of the article.

Which is.

Donald Trump is a lying narcissist who's supporters (such as you) refuse to hold him accountable for anything.

#9 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-04-20 10:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

The captain of the USS Carl Vinson reported that he never received any change of orders from the three-ring circus that is masquerading as the Clown-in-Chief's department of defense.

There was probably a "Do Not Disturb After Teeoff Time" notice in their in-box.

This reminds me of V-Day at Normandy. Hitler was asleep when his generals learned of the attack. They were afraid to wake him up.

#10 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-04-21 06:50 AM | Reply

Dude! Where's my car rier?

#11 | Posted by maxis_mydog at 2017-04-21 09:37 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Oh Liberals, you never cease to try to make it sound like the rest of the world is hanging on to our every word. A few people saying something because they don't agree with a political party is not newsworthy no matter how much you want to try to spin things. Not to mention, the fact that the armada wasn't there a millisecond after Trump mentions is must mean that Millennials are running CNN now. Since it is Liberal Millennials, there is no wonder why CNN's credibility has deteriorated to the point they are likened to Fox news in terms of bias.

#12 | Posted by humtake at 2017-04-21 11:05 AM | Reply

Clearly, South Korea is a bunch of --------! Trump is the president now. They need to get over it!

#13 | Posted by cbob at 2017-04-21 11:14 AM | Reply

#14 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-04-21 11:33 AM | Reply

"I admitted this was a boneheaded move the day that the first thread was posted, the flaw with the DR Left is that they can't just ever move on from any thread that slams a boneheaded move by Trump."

Um Benghazi.

#15 | Posted by danni at 2017-04-21 11:41 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"CNN's credibility has deteriorated to the point they are likened to Fox news in terms of bias."

Some folks only believe what Trump tells them. Hilariously stupid post Humtake.

#16 | Posted by danni at 2017-04-21 11:42 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1