Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Gabriel Sherman, New York: The Murdochs have decided Bill O'Reilly's 21-year run at Fox News will come to an end. According to sources briefed on the discussions, network executives are preparing to announce O'Reilly's departure before he returns from an Italian vacation on April 24. ... Sources briefed on the discussions say O'Reilly's exit negotiations are moving quickly. Right now, a key issue on the table is whether he would be allowed to say good-bye to his audience, perhaps the most loyal in all of cable (O'Reilly's ratings have ticked up during the sexual-harassment allegations). Fox executives are leaning against allowing him to have a sign-off, sources say. The other main issue on the table is money.

Comments

His next book will be titled, "Killing O'Reilly".

#1 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2017-04-19 01:58 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

What a loss to the world and the female race.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2017-04-19 03:01 PM | Reply

He's had a long enough career spreading misinformation and hate.

Good riddance.

#3 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-04-19 03:03 PM | Reply

Nullidian weeps.

Mackris will miss all the hush money.

#4 | Posted by Corky at 2017-04-19 03:04 PM | Reply

who is going to save Christmas this year!?

OBAMA wins again!

#5 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-04-19 03:13 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

I wonder if the official statement will be pithy?

#6 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2017-04-19 03:17 PM | Reply

"After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the company and Bill O'Reilly have agreed that Bill O'Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel."

Thats what I get for "post first read later"
;-)

#7 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2017-04-19 03:19 PM | Reply

Trump will demand an investigation! He has proclaimed that O'Liely 'did nothing wrong'. You know, as one sexual predator will say of a compatriot.

Birds (Vultures) of a feather and all that.

#8 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2017-04-19 03:26 PM | Reply

What's funny is he's only leaving because advertisers are leaving.

Not because his behavior us incompatible with how Fox thinks people should behave at work or anything.

Classy.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-04-19 03:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I wonder if the official statement will be pithy?

#5 | Posted by HanoverFist

Only if someone piths on it.

#10 | Posted by Zed at 2017-04-19 04:00 PM | Reply

So when will MSNBC hire him? Put him on before or after Maddow? I'd love to see the between shows banter between Maddow and him.

#11 | Posted by danni at 2017-04-19 04:17 PM | Reply

It's my hope with this "not really" news that we'll see Jesse Watters and his wife begging for change on a street corner while their children look on sadly.

#12 | Posted by Reagan58 at 2017-04-19 04:21 PM | Reply

Why come no dancing bananas?

#14 | Posted by sully at 2017-04-19 04:23 PM | Reply

Foxnews didn't fire him for his being a serialpredator.

They fired him because it became known he was serial predator.

It's a systemic problem throughout foxnews.

#15 | Posted by Tor at 2017-04-19 04:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#16 | POSTED BY WISGOD

Yeah, who could possibly like a little justice in this world, right?

#17 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-04-19 04:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You paying his salary? Or can't figure out the remote?
Man, you sure need some guidance in life.

#18 | Posted by wisgod at 2017-04-19 04:32 PM | Reply

On Monday, another accuser, represented by lawyer Lisa Bloom claimed O'Reilly called her "hot chocolate" (she is black) and would grunt and leer at her in the workplace.

www.thedailybeast.com

Clever man. Between "Big Bill" and Hernandez I've never seen so many millionaires screw up.

#19 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2017-04-19 04:34 PM | Reply

Franks and Studds approve the move according to the AP

#20 | Posted by wisgod at 2017-04-19 04:36 PM | Reply

Think of the children, sickos.

#16 | POSTED BY WISGOD AT 2017-04-19 04:26 PM | FLAG:

We are thinking of the children Wizdog. Trying to teach you and all the other right wing children the moral and political equivalent of "don't burn your hand on a hot stove".

For instance, my comment upthread allows Jesse Watter's children to learn the hard lesson of "Don't be a giant D-Bag like my dad".

#21 | Posted by Reagan58 at 2017-04-19 04:37 PM | Reply

"We never liked him anyway... we certainly did not hang on his every word and hold him up as the standard against which all media personalities should be judged...."

-The DR Right

#22 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2017-04-19 04:38 PM | Reply

What about Bubba's spawn, Boss?

#23 | Posted by wisgod at 2017-04-19 04:39 PM | Reply

Btw, good to see you Reagan. Hope all is well.

#24 | Posted by wisgod at 2017-04-19 04:40 PM | Reply

You paying his salary? Or can't figure out the remote?
Man, you sure need some guidance in life.

#18 | POSTED BY WISGOD AT 2017-04-19 04:32 PM | FLAG:

As for me, I've not watched more than 5 minutes of Falafel Boy in the past 10 years. But that doesn't mean that I'm unaware of the heinous nature of his existence. Lack of awareness is generally a right wing tradition.

#25 | Posted by Reagan58 at 2017-04-19 04:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Every day above ground is a good day. So I've got that going for me. Hope you're well also.

#26 | Posted by Reagan58 at 2017-04-19 04:41 PM | Reply

I never saw why he drew an audience. He was pompous, overbearing and never really got the better of any of his interviewees (?) in any memorable fashion. He reminded me of the journalistic version of Joe Biden with his scrappy working roots BS. He was suppose to be a tough interviewer, again I never saw it. It was like there was no there there.

#27 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2017-04-19 04:48 PM | Reply

I like Bill more and more as new accusers come forward. He's like an Anchorman stereotype.
Hot chocolate? Leering? Growling? Classic. If he had Sex Panther in his office I may fall in love.

#28 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-04-19 04:57 PM | Reply

Not his fault Conservative Women don't look like concrete before trolling.

#29 | Posted by wisgod at 2017-04-19 05:01 PM | Reply

Dancing Shamrocks!!!!!!!!

#30 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2017-04-19 05:27 PM | Reply

I guess pajama boy couldn't dominate today so this is what's left. LOL!

#31 | Posted by wisgod at 2017-04-19 05:42 PM | Reply

"In early April, he said his fame made him a target of lawsuits and that he settled the harassment claims against him to spare his children negative publicity." Uh-huh, see just like Hillary he cares about the children.

#32 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2017-04-19 05:47 PM | Reply

What's wrong with "Hot Chocolate"? I used to date a girl who had a "Hot Chocolate" tattoo on her left cheek. She was awesome.

#33 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2017-04-19 05:51 PM | Reply

Never liked him. Always thougt he was a half-assed Maury Povich

#34 | Posted by wisgod at 2017-04-19 05:52 PM | Reply

- What's wrong with "Hot Chocolate"?

Brown Sugar?

#35 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-04-19 05:53 PM | Reply

"His next book will be titled, "Killing O'Reilly"."

Weird. Chuck Todd asked this same question on MTP Daily just after I read it.

#36 | Posted by sentinel at 2017-04-19 05:55 PM | Reply

- What's wrong with "Hot Chocolate"?

Brown Sugar?

Sugar ----.

#37 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-04-19 05:56 PM | Reply

- a half-assed Maury Povich

O'Reilly and Geraldo match up pretty well.

#38 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-04-19 05:56 PM | Reply

True. All they needed was Jerry Springer and Bobby "the brain" Hernán.

#39 | Posted by wisgod at 2017-04-19 06:04 PM | Reply

Wis can totally relate

No woman wants to give him any either

#40 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-04-19 06:08 PM | Reply

Bill O'Reilly speaks out: It is 'tremendously disheartening' that 'completely unfounded claims' cost me my job

www.businessinsider.com

lmao! He's treading water on a river in Egypt.

He musta thought that 13+ million he paid out was going to Charity.... that was her name, right, Charity?

#41 | Posted by Corky at 2017-04-19 06:12 PM | Reply

Too bad they didn't fire him before he got Tiller murdered.

#42 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2017-04-19 06:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

To heck with it! Gosh darn it, we'll do it live!

#43 | Posted by cbob at 2017-04-19 06:21 PM | Reply

Wis can totally relate. You bring nothing to the conversation other than stupid, woo woo.

#44 | Posted by wisgod at 2017-04-19 06:24 PM | Reply

Her name was charity? At least it wasn't Monica.

#45 | Posted by wisgod at 2017-04-19 06:26 PM | Reply

lol, Wussy is upset about this. He's going to have to listen to his wife for that whole hour now.

#46 | Posted by Corky at 2017-04-19 06:31 PM | Reply

Monica didn't feel harassed, she felt special.

#47 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-04-19 06:31 PM | Reply

Charity is a great stripper name.

#48 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-04-19 06:31 PM | Reply

#48 yes better than Pity Sex. But I'll take either,lol.

#49 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-04-19 06:34 PM | Reply

Trump sure did negotiate oreally a sweet defense.

"I alone" couldn't fix this, either

#50 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-04-19 06:47 PM | Reply

Corky, don't pretend to know what I'll listen to from my wife. You women aren't cut out of the same cloth.

#51 | Posted by wisgod at 2017-04-19 07:27 PM | Reply

Charity is a great stripper name.

#48 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

Ted: I met a girl; she's a cashier.
John: No way! That's awesome! We should frickin' double date or something, you, me and Lori and w-what's her name?
Ted: ----------- name. Guess.
John: Mandy.
Ted: Nope.
John: Marilyn.
Ted: Nope.
John: Brittany?
Ted: Nope.
John: Tiffany.
Ted: Nope.
John: Candace.
Ted: Nope.
John: Don't frick with me on this! I know this ----!
Ted: Do you see me frickin' with you? I'm completely serious.
John: Alright, speed round. I'm gonna rattle off some names, and when I hit it, you frickin' buzz it, okay? You got me?
Ted: You do it. I will tell you. Yeah.
John: Alright: Brandy, Heather, Channing, Brianna, Amber, Serena, Melody, Dakota, Sierra, Bambi, Crystal, Samantha, Autumn, Ruby, Taylor, Tara, Tammy, Lauren, Charlene, Chantelle, Courtney, Misty, Jenny, Krista, Mindy, Noel, Shelby, Trina, Reba, Cassandra, Nikki, Kelsey, Shawna, Jolene, Urleen, Claudia, Savannah, Casey, Dolly, Kendra, Kylie, Chloe, Devon, Emmalou, frickin' Becky?
Ted: No.
John: Wait; was it any of those names with a "Lynn" after it?
Ted: Yes.
John: Oh, I got you, -------------! I got you!
[Ted laughs]
John: Okay. Brandi-Lynn, Heather-Lynn ...
Ted: Tami-Lynn.
John: [Exasperated] Frick!

#52 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2017-04-19 07:35 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Corky-Lynn, Danni-Lynn...

#53 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2017-04-19 07:36 PM | Reply

In the immortal words of Nelson Muntz: "Ha, ha!"

#54 | Posted by Angrydad at 2017-04-19 07:44 PM | Reply

I enjoyed the show once in awhile if i was watching TV at 8 I would tune in. Obviously it was the most successful show of its kind, so I'm not at all surprised that the hate spewing left is rejoicing. If you behave like that towards woman there should be consequences so this is just. He will be back somewhere I'm guessing radio, I can't think of a network he would appear on at this point.

#55 | Posted by blake914 at 2017-04-19 08:02 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Maybe the blaze.

#57 | Posted by bat4255 at 2017-04-19 08:51 PM | Reply

Tonto tried to sue Bill for sexual harassment, but no one would believe O'Reilly was THAT desperate.

Even after he had Mackris.

#58 | Posted by Corky at 2017-04-19 10:02 PM | Reply

Bye bye love
Bye bye happiness
Hello emptiness
I think I'm gonna cry

#59 | Posted by TheTom at 2017-04-19 10:07 PM | Reply

Fools. This was all part of the plan.

--ProlaxFishStang.

#60 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-04-19 11:04 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Glad to see O'Reilly get the boot. He made my skin crawl.

#61 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-04-19 11:23 PM | Reply

And yet the Right does not celebrate the firing of an accused sexual predator. Speaks volumes.

#62 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-04-20 12:29 AM | Reply

Bill was arrogant and self-righteous, and, like Trump, he was a big league narcissist. It's too bad he didn't get derailed over Andrea Mackris. It took too long, but karma finally caught up with him.

#63 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-04-20 12:31 AM | Reply

"Glad to see O'Reilly get the boot. He made my skin crawl."

That too.

#64 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-04-20 12:52 AM | Reply

I found it interesting how the different networks handled the announcement: CNN and MSNBC interrupted their normal broadcasts with "Breaking News" and persisted with the breaking news for some time. However, it took about 30 min for Fox to acknowledge the announcement (I was channel hopping). When they did, it was very terse (@ 5 secs) and then they cut to a commercial. After the commercial, they resumed their normal programming.

Here is another link describing "How Fox News broke the Bill O'Reilly story to its viewers"

money.cnn.com

I wonder how many women at Fox have gotten strange looks/questions from their loved ones as to how they were able to survive and perhaps even thrive in such an environment.

#65 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2017-04-20 06:29 AM | Reply

#62 | POSTED BY RSTYBEACH11 AT 2017-04-20 12:29 AM | FLAG:

#67 | Posted by fishpaw at 2017-04-20 12:46 PM | Reply

From Calvin Trillin (www.thenation.com):

"I don't think Bill did anything wrong."
-- Donald Trump

The president's defending Bill,
However grim the charges are.
No flip-flop there: Trump's plainly said
That groping's fine if you're a star.

#68 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2017-04-20 12:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

" he should have been impeached."

He was.

#69 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2017-04-20 12:51 PM | Reply

On NPR, they are saying that Murdock is trying to buy some media concern in the Britian. The British gov't has a restriction on all transactions that they must be deemed 'fitting and proper'.

They indicated that having a serial groper on staff was not very fitting or proper and were going to squash the deal.

#70 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-04-20 01:49 PM | Reply

Glad to see O'Reilly get the boot. He made my skin crawl.

#61 | POSTED BY TWINPAC AT 2017-04-19 11:23 PM | FLAG: Though an O'Reilly watcher [I prefer Fox Business News channel] I have to ask - "why do you watch him if he affects you like that?" ;)

#71 | Posted by MSgt at 2017-04-20 02:28 PM | Reply

"Though an O'Reilly watcher" = Though NOT an O'Reilly watcher [though I used to watch him years ago around 2002 timeframe]

#72 | Posted by MSgt at 2017-04-20 03:12 PM | Reply

Heard on Marketplace that O'Reilly brought in $100M in advertising, and payouts to his victims totaled a mere $13M.

That's capitalism for ya. If it's profitable, it gets done, even if those doing it know they are doing some harm that won't personally eat up their profits. Externalizing the losses (including socializing them WalMart style) is the accounting trick that lets capitalism function. Since money is fungible, it doesn't care whether it represents wealth that was created or merely redistributed. Only people can make that distinction. And that's why corporations are people, my friend.

#73 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-04-20 03:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Bill reminds me of the unemployed almost homeless alcoholic uncle who always knew what was the best way for you to live your life.

#74 | Posted by 726 at 2017-04-20 04:02 PM | Reply

O'Really got a 25 million dollar golden (shower} parachute, so he's just a regular guy like his devoted watchers.

I guess that means he doubled his payout expenses.

- From Calvin Trillin

That's gold, Doc.

#75 | Posted by Corky at 2017-04-20 04:42 PM | Reply

MSGT

"Though [NOT] an O'Reilly watcher [I prefer Fox Business News channel] I have to ask - "why do you watch him if he affects you like that?" ;)

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt a few times but my spidey sense started throwing up red flags all over the place. So I've known for a long time that O'Reilly had a creepy side to his nature. His behavior is typically textbook stuff. His lack of respect for women is a "tell." He's inadequate ~ if you get my drift.

There's a lot of O'Reilly in Donald Trump ~ and vice versa.

#76 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-04-21 05:42 AM | Reply

"That's because Bill Clinton only lost his law license, he should have been impeached."

He was stupid, he just wasn't convicted in the Senate. Go back to Civics 101.

#77 | Posted by danni at 2017-04-21 07:47 AM | Reply

#77 He paid off women to keep them quiet about sexual harassment and then lied to the world yet you have no problem with him but you do with O'Reilly. Got it, a D vs an R. At least you're consistent.

#78 | Posted by fishpaw at 2017-04-21 09:55 AM | Reply

Bill Clinton was/is a vile predator of woman. He was impeached,disbarred and paid out hundreds of millions of dollars of hush money. He put a cigar in a young intern in the white house, yet still is the darling of the Dem party. He should have been removed and jailed.

#79 | Posted by blake914 at 2017-04-21 10:42 AM | Reply