Monday, April 17, 2017

Hundreds of pro-Trump demonstrators and counter-protesters clashed Saturday at a "Patriots Day" rally in Berkeley, the third time the two groups engaged in violent confrontations on city streets in recent months. Fistfights broke out near Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center Park, where Trump supporters had scheduled a rally. Fireworks and smoke bombs were thrown into the crowd, and a few demonstrators were doused with pepper spray. Both groups threw rocks and sticks at each other and used a large trash bin as a battering ram as the crowd moved around the perimeter of the park. ... Sixteen people were arrested, said Officer Jennifer Coats of the Berkeley Police Department.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

About 250 police officers were deployed to the scene by mid-afternoon after officials sought assistance from the neighboring Oakland Police Department.

Brenna Lundy, 28, said she drove from San Francisco to attend what she thought was an organizing event against the alt-right. As the violence unfolded, she stayed and attempted to talk to some of the people shouting insults at her.

"So I genuinely wanted to talk. I am trying to talk to you," Lundy said to a woman screaming at her that "Obama hates blacks."

Comments

Its not about Trump its about Nationalism(People) v Globalism(Banksters)

Where do you stand?

#1 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2017-04-15 10:10 PM | Reply

Jim Donovan Dina Powell Gary Cohn Jay Clayton

"Steve Bannon, Trump's chief strategist, also worked at Goldman Sachs in the 1980s"

all worked for Goldman Sachs now works for trump, I am sure theirs more I haven't post here.
money.cnn.com

So my guess you meant your comment as a joke right?

#2 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2017-04-15 11:07 PM | Reply

Oh, the tolorant left. Always looking to hear other points of view.

NOT.

#3 | Posted by boaz at 2017-04-15 11:44 PM | Reply

Stewart Rhodes, founder of the citizen militia group known as the Oath Keepers, said he came from Montana with about 50 others to protect Trump supporters. They were joined by bikers and others who vowed to fight members of an anti-fascist group if they crossed police barricades. "I don't mind hitting" the counter-demonstrators, whom he called "neo-Nazis," Rhodes said. "In fact, I would kind of enjoy it."

That tolerant left?

#4 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-04-16 12:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Oh, the tolorant left. Always looking to hear other points of view.

NOT.

Posted by boaz at 2017-04-15 11:44 PM | Reply

That's slapstick comedy right there ladies and gentlemen.

#5 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-04-16 12:07 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

White supremacist caught on video sucker-punching woman Berkeley protester

www.rawstory.com

This behavior is typical for rightwing filth.

#6 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2017-04-16 12:09 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#3 | Posted by boaz at 2017-04-15 11:44 PM |

"Stewart Rhodes, founder of the citizen militia group known as the Oath Keepers, said he came from Montana with about 50 others to protect Trump supporters. They were joined by bikers and others who vowed to fight members of an anti-fascist group if they crossed police barricades.

Now which one was violent the Trumpster who wanted to beat people up or the counter protester who just wanted to talk?

#7 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2017-04-16 12:30 AM | Reply

Cool, it's time to play political moral equivalence.

Have fun and be nice.

#8 | Posted by et_al at 2017-04-16 12:48 AM | Reply

Tell me, why would the right side protesters have to get violent in the first place? Does anyone bring violence when students have protests everyday on our college campuses? I dont think so.

It's the liberals bringing the violence.

#9 | Posted by boaz at 2017-04-16 07:12 AM | Reply

#9 | Posted by boaz at 2017-04-16

if you read the article posted here it was the right wingers he were looking forward to act violently,

"Tell me, why would the right side protesters have to get violent in the first place?"

because their hate filled cowards who like violence.

I guess that would be the left according to BOAZ

#10 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2017-04-16 09:01 AM | Reply

Of course .... its the LATimes, seriously why would you believe that source would be straight down the line honest?

The ProudBoys were going to give speeches and the BlackBloc came out to disrupt them.

The BlackBloc girl that got smacked posted in a Facebook thread, "I am going to scalp 100 nazis"
twitter.com

The BlackBloc brought mace, pepper spray at al.

Some people on both sides were trying to make violence happen. BlackBloc is much more organized than the rag tag ProudBoys, but I have a feeling this won't be the case for long.

because their hate filled cowards who like violence.

Watch the videos and tell me who was running .....

How is this even related? ProudBoys aren't doing this.... its crazy individuals.

#11 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2017-04-16 10:01 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Another win for Bin Laden.

#12 | Posted by bored at 2017-04-16 11:43 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#9 | POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2017-04-16 07:12 AM | REPLY

Don't mind me, just watering my hippies.

#13 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-04-16 03:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Oh, the tolorant right. Always looking to hear other points of view.
NOT.
#3 | POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2017-04-15 11:44 PM | FLAG:

Oh look how easy that fix was.

#14 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-04-16 03:49 PM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2017-04-16 07:12 AM | REPLY

Look at Bozo.

Trying to pretend he's been on a college campus.

Keep the laughs coming. Dummy.

#15 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-04-16 03:51 PM | Reply

#16 | Posted by jpw at 2017-04-16 10:30 PM | Reply

"Who is attacking mosques and Muslims blowing up abortion clinics and attacking gays other minorities."

Um, mostly it's other Muslims dude. Keep up.

#17 | Posted by madbomber at 2017-04-17 08:12 PM | Reply

"BlackBloc is much more organized than the rag tag ProudBoys, but I have a feeling this won't be the case for long."

In the video I saw it looked like the Black Bloc was being routed by their opponents. I think this may be the first time anyone has ever hit back, and it's a new experience for them.

"Because they're violent "alpha males" who think their views and ------ up vision of 'Murica! is supported by Trump/Bannon?"

You're not trying to assert that the other side is any better, are you?

#18 | Posted by madbomber at 2017-04-17 08:14 PM | Reply

You're not trying to assert that the other side is any better, are you?

I don't think my comment suggests that even a little.

#19 | Posted by jpw at 2017-04-17 09:14 PM | Reply