Saturday, April 15, 2017

Behind closed doors on Thursday, President Donald Trump signed a bill that will effectively make it harder for women -- especially low-income women and women of color -- to access basic healthcare services.

The legislation, which Vice President Mike Pence cast the tie-breaking vote to pass last month, repeals an Obama-era rule that protected the Title X program by blocking states from defunding family planning centers, including Planned Parenthood, for political reasons.

President Trump's decision to take this action behind closed doors shows he knows how wildly unpopular his actions are. It's a shame that despite the millions of Americans who rely on Title X for protection, President Trump is going to extraordinary lengths to control women and our reproductive freedom. If you have to hide what you're doing, then you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Women and families deserve better.

Comments

Donald's motive in the presidency, aside from stealing money, is to hurt whom he is able. It's part of his pathology.

That's why any sane person is moving out of Seoul right now.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2017-04-15 11:32 AM | Reply

When someone tells me they are a Trump voters I just roll my eyes and shake my head. Why would anyone admit it? That's just stupid.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2017-04-15 12:55 PM | Reply

That's just stupid.
#2 | Posted by danni

Doesn't that describe this whole administration and most of its voters?

#3 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2017-04-16 10:42 AM | Reply

DANNI, that is the same reaction I have when people tell me that they voted for Obama or Hillary.

#4 | Posted by sawdust at 2017-04-16 10:46 AM | Reply

GASP! The Federal Government now allows States to make decisions?

#5 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-04-17 09:00 AM | Reply

GASP! The Federal Government now allows States to make decisions?

Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-04-17 09:00 AM | Reply

Some things shouldn't be decided at the state level and some times peoples health care should not be defunded especially by religious zealots.

#6 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-04-17 09:09 AM | Reply

Truth is, most women's health issues could be solved with a simple aspirin.

The trick is to place aspirin between knees and hold it there.

#7 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-04-17 12:22 PM | Reply

The trick is to place aspirin between knees and hold it there.

#7 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-04-17 12:

Why isn't the trick to keep men from crawling atop women?

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2017-04-17 12:34 PM | Reply

Where would men keep the aspirin?

#9 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-04-17 12:38 PM | Reply

Where would men keep the aspirin?

#9 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-04-17 12

You could think of a place to cram it in.

#10 | Posted by Zed at 2017-04-17 12:42 PM | Reply

The trick is to place aspirin between knees and hold it there.
#7 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-04-17 12

Another great trick is getting a man to wear a condom. Oh I know, that is asking too much right?

#11 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2017-04-17 03:00 PM | Reply

Come on ,Visitor was joking.

Actually there are positions where holding an aspirin between her knees is quite possible.

#12 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-04-17 03:14 PM | Reply

I hoped that visitor was joking, I had heard the same thing several times in jest as I was growing up. I was being sarcastic in my own comment. I am as against defunding Planned Parenthood as any person could possibly be. When I lived near one they were more help than I can begin to explain. They never even introduced the topic of abortion when I got pregnant, and I had been going there for years for contraceptives. I am sure that if I had asked about it they would have spoken to me about my options, but my point is that it is not pushed on anyone as a choice to make. They are not a chop shop, and it would be terrible to lose such a valuable service in many areas.

#13 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2017-04-17 03:39 PM | Reply

Doesn't Obamacare provide the coverage needed to go to any physician instead of planned parenthood to receive the same kind of service?

Why fund a non-profit when the government is already providing healthcare to the poor for free?

#14 | Posted by Petrous at 2017-04-17 03:47 PM | Reply

#6 | Posted by LauraMohr

Some things shouldn't be decided by government at all.

#15 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-04-17 03:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Where would men keep the aspirin?

#9 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-04-17 12:38 PM | Reply | Flag:

In their urethra maybe???

#16 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-04-17 03:52 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY PETROUS

I do not believe that it completely does. I no longer have a need for contraceptives so I am not sure what my policy would cover. I do know that when you visit your Dr's office you dont get a brown paper sack of condoms on the way out. ;)

#17 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2017-04-17 03:57 PM | Reply

#13 coudn't agree more. I got my vasectomy at planned parenthood. Abortion mills is what they are trying prevent.

#14 what does that even mean? The govt is obviuosly funding someone, nothing is for free. PP haa the experience and the logistics already set up. And non profit, boy that sounds evil.

#18 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-04-17 04:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

GASP! The Federal Government now allows States to make decisions?
#5 | POSTED BY MUSTANG AT 2017-04-17 09:00 AM | FLAG: moron

So. Should slavery. Women's right to vote. Native American's right to vote. Minorities right to vote. Marriage equality. Etc etc etc...

Be left up to the state?

50 states with 50 different laws governing them?

Why even remain a Union at that point?

I'm definitely on board with California being its own state.

#19 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-04-17 04:08 PM | Reply

IF men could have abortions, they would have been legal, and free, starting about 5,000 years ago.

#20 | Posted by Corky at 2017-04-17 04:28 PM | Reply

#20 I doubt it. After the first born son of the favorite wife the rest were laborers.

#21 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-04-17 04:35 PM | Reply

Being married and monogamous coupled with having been snipped is great. I can plow into it any time I want and don't have to worry about STD's or unwanted pregnancy.

#22 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-04-17 05:44 PM | Reply

What's interesting is Trump general prefers to punch women a few inches lower that the gut.

#23 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-04-17 08:24 PM | Reply