Monday, March 20, 2017

Dressed in a plaid shirt, faded dad jeans, and mountaineering boots, sitting on a tree stump, Donald Trump Jr. became the latest public figure to try and look not as rich and elite-y as they actually are.

Though you may not have guessed it from his glitzy upbringing and suit-and-tie uniform as co-head of the Trump Organization, Donald Trump Jr. is a rugged, game-hunting, flannel-loving lumberjack at heart -- an anti-elitist elitist who, like his father, has convinced many middle-class Americans that he's more like them than not.

Sure, he's a real estate heir whose public speaking fee is an estimated $50,000, but his rough-and-tough personal hobbies (shooting endangered animals in Zimbabwe and riding A.T.V.s in the Catskills) and L.L. Bean weekend wardrobe reveal the real Don Jr.: an uber-masculine bro who would retreat into the woods and stay there, surviving on a strict paleo diet, if he didn't have to uphold the family name.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

This is certainly the image Don Jr. telegraphed in a recent New York Times profile, headlined by a photo of the president's eldest son -- dressed in a plaid orange shirt, faded dad jeans, and mountaineering boots -- sitting awkwardly on a large tree stump and doing his best "pensive in nature" expression (evidently, he does not share his sister's modeling skills).

Comments

Lame,
Lame,
Loser post.

Jealously is no way to go through life...

#1 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2017-03-20 06:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I saw this photo. Like Halloween outfit pretending to be "average white guy." Embarrassing at best.

Not sure why anyone on earth would be jealous. Do you want to explain yourself Prolix? You see something you like?

#2 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-03-20 07:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

For gosh sakes, if you are going to post photos of little d's kids, stick to Ivanka.

#3 | Posted by bored at 2017-03-20 07:28 PM | Reply

#2 - yes. I see you Democrats are coming unglued.

#4 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2017-03-20 07:59 PM | Reply

If calling a duck a duck is coming unglued, then so be it.

I see you formless shape-shifting conservatives cooing away contentedly, pshawing everything the Donald does. There is no glue to come undone for you.

#5 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-03-20 08:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm an independent knucklehead.

I am watching the train wreck and it looks like you want to play Casey.

I'm up for it...

#6 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2017-03-20 09:00 PM | Reply

Lame,
Lame,
Loser post.
Jealously is no way to go through life...
POSTED BY PROLIX247 AT 2017-03-20 06:58 PM | REPLY | FLAGGED NEWSWORTHY BY NULLIFIDIAN

It's a shame what's become of Nullifidian.

Once a contributing members of the DR.

Now relegated to lurking and flagellation.

#7 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-03-20 09:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 9

- flagellation

LOL

#8 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-03-20 09:26 PM | Reply

Self-flagellation, more like. Or sheep self-flagellation in some cases.

#9 | Posted by Corky at 2017-03-20 09:58 PM | Reply

This isn't your first Lumbersexual thread, Corky. not that there's anything wrong with that.

#10 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-03-20 10:09 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

While I understand that OP has a predilection toward lumbersexuals, Donald Trump Jr. strikes me as more akin to "the lost Property Brother."

#11 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-03-21 12:18 AM | Reply

#7 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-03-20 09:06 PM

Wish I could give that excellent (and on-point) post more than just a single Newsworthy flag.

Kudos, ClownShack.

#12 | Posted by Hans at 2017-03-21 12:12 PM | Reply

"I'm an independent knucklehead."

Yes. You are.

#13 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-03-21 01:56 PM | Reply

Remember when we all had to hear about Michelle Obama's toned arms nonstop because her ass and thighs were so abnormally large?
Remember how we all heard about her shopping at J Crew, instead of her masculine jawline and scowl?

#14 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-03-21 03:56 PM | Reply

Has weak chin, so is jealous.

#15 | Posted by Corky at 2017-03-21 04:05 PM | Reply

Seems unlikely that he's not a total douche. But it also seems that Trump Jr's most redeeming quality is that he really gets under the skin of other lousy people for all the wrong reasons.

Although I do agree with this idiot that killing an elephant for sport is a dick move.

#16 | Posted by Sully at 2017-03-21 04:18 PM | Reply

Seems unlikely that he's not a total douche.

I agree. Corky is likely a total douche.

#17 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-03-21 04:30 PM | Reply

All of his boys are creepers, and I don't mind it being pointed out. I just wish we wouldn't play this game that some people need special kid glove treatment (demos) while republicans don't.

Some fat people are off limits, some aren't. Some women and blacks are off limits and others aren't.

I do agree that unless a kid makes news they should be off limits. Not adult kids, just the minors.

Like when the little Obama spawn was twerking, showing her thong, grinding, and smoking weed were taboo to talk about.

#18 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-03-21 04:44 PM | Reply

#18 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-03-21 04:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

Yeah, its just the kind of thing where if you just tell me what the Trump kid is doing, I'm going to think to myself "what a douche".

But if you tell me what the Trump kid is doing and then go on to conclude that flannel has something to do with "hyper-masculine patriarchy", I end up thinking "he's a douche but you've got no room to talk either".

#19 | Posted by Sully at 2017-03-21 04:55 PM | Reply

Well, I'd hate to disagree with expert opinion from someone who has won Douche of the Year 10 times running.

#20 | Posted by Corky at 2017-03-21 04:57 PM | Reply

I can't give too many details, but within the last couple of weeks I posed with a dead creature I didn't kill, while holding a broken .22 bolt action as if I took it down.
I knew when I did it that it was a horrible idea, but the thought of posing with this dead domesticated animal like I was on a big safari hunt was too funny to pass up.
I'm sure the picture will eventually surface, and part of me wants it to so I can further enflame the situation by pretending I really did kill it.

A) it was left near my car by another domesticated animal I do not know
B) I was putting the broken gun in my car to take it to the gunsmith to be repaired.

It was pure coincidence. I even put a big dip in to make it look authentic.
I did bury it but something dug it up overnight and ate it, I assume. Either way it was gone.

#21 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-03-21 05:01 PM | Reply

#21 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-03-21 05:01 PM | Reply

You should have put on your son's MAGA hat first.

#22 | Posted by sully at 2017-03-22 12:29 PM | Reply

The following HTML tags are allowed in comments: a href, b, i, p, br, ul, ol, li and blockquote. Others will be stripped out. Participants in this discussion must follow the site's moderation policy. Profanity will be filtered. Abusive conduct is not allowed.

Anyone can join this site and make comments. To post this comment, you must sign it with your Drudge Retort username. If you can't remember your username or password, use the lost password form to request it.
Username: