Monday, March 20, 2017

A Philadelphia man has sued a New York City bar after he says he was denied service because he was wearing a hat supporting President Donald Trump. ... Greg Piatek says in the lawsuit that he and his friends were initially served drinks at The Happiest Hour on Jan. 28. But he says once a bartender noticed his "Make America Great Again" hat, he asked Piatek if it was "a joke." He says a second round of drinks was "slammed" down on the bar. The suit claims a manager later asked Piatek to leave, saying he was told by the bar owner that "anyone who supports Trump or believes what you believe is not welcome here."

Comments

#1 | Posted by sixam at 2017-03-20 04:39 PM | Reply

I thought extreme right Teajadists HATED lawyers????????

I guess until they feel they need one......

HYPOCRITES!

#2 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2017-03-20 04:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The real reason for denial of service was that this cave man was wearing a hat indoors. Nobody gets away with wearing a Trump penis hat (you know, the one that makes you look like a dick) indoors...

#3 | Posted by Catdog at 2017-03-20 04:57 PM | Reply

I thought extreme right Teajadists HATED lawyers????????

I guess until they feel they need one......

HYPOCRITES!

Posted by aborted_monson at 2017-03-20 04:55 PM | Reply

EVERYONE Hates lawyers til they need one to save their bacon and then after they save their bacon they resume hating them.

#4 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-03-20 04:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Conservatives want to allow "religious" folks to deny service to people who they disagree with. Turnabouts fair play.

#5 | Posted by dibblda at 2017-03-20 05:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

A conservative mantra has long been: "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".

#6 | Posted by nutcase at 2017-03-20 08:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

I do not think it was appropriate for the bar to deny service to someone wearing a Trump MAGA hat. Full stop.

#7 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-03-20 09:28 PM | Reply

Supports a guy that supports businesses denying service based on beliefs.
Cries about being denied service based on beliefs.

#8 | Posted by bored at 2017-03-20 10:13 PM | Reply

Is being a Trump supporter a protected status now?

I don't think so. Not yet. And Obama supporters are not the Deep State either. As I understand it a bartender can refuse service to anyone unless it is because of a protected status. And sometimes the bartender is even required to.

Good luck with the wall pendejo.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-03-20 10:15 PM | Reply

@#9 Is being a Trump supporter a protected status now?

I don't look at in that aspect.

I look at in the frame of ~if you open your doors for business, well then you open your doors for business, and you serve whoever comes through those doors.~

Of course, there may be debate whether I should have said "whoever" or "whomever" but that's a whole different thread ;)

#10 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-03-20 11:20 PM | Reply

On the other hand, there's always this diversion....

www.youtube.com

(don't ask...)

#11 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-03-20 11:26 PM | Reply

I'm betting he's conveniently leaving out the part where he was a loud mouthed jackass.

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2017-03-20 11:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6 | POSTED BY NUTCASE AT 2017-03-20 08:44 PM | REPLY | NEWSWORTHY 3

This guy has a good case. You cannot refuse to serve retards. They are a protected class under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

#13 | Posted by 726 at 2017-03-21 06:51 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

#12 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2017-03-20 11:29 PM | FLAG:

No, it says he was wearing a Trump hat in the article.

#14 | Posted by 726 at 2017-03-21 06:51 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

SO let me get this straight you Christians must serve gays who are violating gods law. But its ok for democrats not to serve Trump voters.

Typical socialist.

#15 | Posted by tmaster at 2017-03-21 08:17 AM | Reply

So its now ok again to refuse service to anyone you like?

Or does it depend on if your a liberal or not/ Only Liberals can refuse service and everyone else is nt allowed.

#16 | Posted by tmaster at 2017-03-21 08:27 AM | Reply

typical Liberal, agree with us or we will beat you up

#17 | Posted by Maverick at 2017-03-21 09:06 AM | Reply

"You Christians"

Is Donald a Christian?

#18 | Posted by Zed at 2017-03-21 09:12 AM | Reply

He should not have been refused just for wearing the hat. He should have been cautioned that noone was willing to listen to his Trumpenfuhrer bull and that the first instance would have resulted in immediate ejection.

#19 | Posted by Reagan58 at 2017-03-21 09:23 AM | Reply

#16 No, I already said refusing to serve retards is against the Americans with Disabilities Act. Get an adult to explain it to you.

#20 | Posted by 726 at 2017-03-21 09:35 AM | Reply

"As to be expected, the bar's Yelp rating is today being hit with one star reviews.

#1"

all with 0 friends on yelp.. the russian trolls working for trump getting more work.

#21 | Posted by klifferd at 2017-03-21 10:58 AM | Reply

Why do I have a feeling this guy was denied service for wearing a hat period since some bars disallow wearing hats.

#22 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-03-21 11:14 AM | Reply

"typical Liberal, agree with us or we will beat you up" - #17 | Posted by Maverick at 2017-03-21 09:06 AM

Mashup of Trump praising violence against protesters

Here is a look back at violent scuffles at Donald Trump's campaign events across the country.

Oops.

#23 | Posted by Hans at 2017-03-21 12:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I'm sure if that didn't work I'd break some stuff on the way out. A beer bottle does a number on the mirror and liquor bottles behind a bar.

Petty? Yup. Stupid? Yep. So what, they started it.

I don't mind being petty and obnoxious when retaliating against a slight. In fact, I enjoy it.

#24 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-03-21 01:08 PM | Reply

-I don't mind being petty and obnoxious

That's his entire shtick.

#25 | Posted by Corky at 2017-03-21 01:09 PM | Reply

I used to enjoy when Stan's by Yankee Stadium would give opposing fans a hard time. Ask for the guy's ID, "I can't tell if this picture is you, can you take of the Tiger's cap for a second?", etc. As long as they took it in good humor, they would get their drinks eventually.

#26 | Posted by Sully at 2017-03-21 02:09 PM | Reply

"If a place refused to continue serving me for innocuous attire (I don't mean "colors" or "club jackets"), I'd verbally assault the bartender hoping to draw him into a fight.
Petty? Yup. Stupid? Yep. So what, they started it."

Because acting like a 4 year old is how you make America Great. Again.

#27 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-03-21 04:12 PM | Reply

The bartender will claim victimhood and than we get another thread of lefty logic and tolerance.

#28 | Posted by graph1 at 2017-03-21 07:01 PM | Reply

Not sure what I like more, Republican voters suing over a denial of service for political reasons, or Democrats new embrace of denying service to anybody you feel like.

#29 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-03-22 01:19 PM | Reply

#29 From the thread it appears that most if not all of the left here do not agree with denying service over just the hat. Behavior is another matter entirely. Given that the guy is a Trumpette there's a pretty good chance that he was an obnoxious douche. That should get him denied and kicked out.

#30 | Posted by Reagan58 at 2017-03-22 01:36 PM | Reply

You're just making the dissonance and bigotry more funny to me.

#31 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-03-22 02:07 PM | Reply