Tuesday, March 14, 2017

At the same time [White House adviser Steve] Bannon said he was living with his ex-wife, she was under investigation for involvement in a plot to smuggle drugs and a cellphone into a Miami jail, a law enforcement document obtained by the [Washington] Post shows. The Post learned that state prosecutors in Miami have an active investigation into Bannon's assertions that he was a Florida resident and qualified to vote in the state from 2014 to 2016. In late August, investigators subpoenaed Bannon's lease of a Coconut Grove home and other documents. They also contacted the landlords of that home and another that Bannon leased nearby, and sought information from a gardener and handyman who worked at one of the homes, according to documents and interviews.

Comments

I hate these fascists coming into my country and voting illegally.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2017-03-13 03:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Fascists is right. We are one terrorist attack away from total fascism in this country.

#2 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2017-03-13 04:07 PM | Reply

#2 | Posted by Alexandrite

If Donald strikes soon, he can blame it on the lack of security he inherited from the Obama Administration.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2017-03-13 04:17 PM | Reply

The article is interesting.

I always thought he looked like the sort of dude who looks dirty immediately after he bathes.

He's filthy.

#4 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-03-13 06:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

The most crooked POTUS ever. Going to make Bushco look like altar boys.

#5 | Posted by 726 at 2017-03-14 11:54 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

He's filthy.

#4 | POSTED BY MRSILENCEDOGOOD

I know. What is a the deal with the stubble face? Does he not know how to use a razor? Or is he trying to grow a beard but that's all he gets?

It is rare to even see this bum in a tie. No matter how you dress him up he looks like an alcoholic after a hard night of drinking.

#6 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-03-14 12:07 PM | Reply

Or is he trying to grow a beard but that's all he gets?

#6 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY AT

You need 2 things to grow a beard:

1. A face

2. ---------

#7 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-03-14 12:13 PM | Reply

A friend commented on Bannon's appearance the other day, saying it looks like he sleeps in is clothes and never washes his hair. He does have a sickly, unkempt appearance about him.

#8 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-03-14 12:13 PM | Reply

I find it impossible to believe this guy was a Naval officer. He may not be stupid, but he has the fat and drunk parts nailed...

#9 | Posted by catdog at 2017-03-14 12:31 PM | Reply

- A friend commented on Bannon's appearance the other day

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2017-03-14 01:07 PM | Reply

Yet another example of Republican projection. Claims and accusations of rampant voter fraud made by people committing voter fraud.

#11 | Posted by chuffy at 2017-03-14 01:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

LOCK HIM UP!

#12 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-03-14 01:20 PM | Reply

After reading this article - wow. Have to wonder what went on at that house. Padlocks on interior doors, hot tub appears to have been covered by acid, ex hooking up with a drug distributor, then trying to smuggle contraband to another inmate? In the LEAST he doesn't have good choices in women. I really wonder what she has on him though. Moving from a $1k/month house to a $5k? Or was it just for his convenience to dodge California taxes?

It does appear he is clearly not a resident of Florida though. But their definition of "resident" I am sure is ambiguous on purpose...

#13 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-03-14 01:47 PM | Reply

They try to do voter fraud to "prove" how easy it is and all they ever do is prove how easy it is to prevent and catch the people who try it.

It is very difficult to even cast one illegal vote without being caught yet in their alternate fact/belief is more important than evidence bubble they BELIEVE MILLIONS of illegal votes were cast

#14 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2017-03-14 02:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!!!!

#15 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2017-03-14 02:59 PM | Reply

To kill the snake (Trump)you have to cut off it's head (Bannon).

#16 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-03-14 04:42 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The Trump Scandal Show is fascinating, and the popcorn is fine, but I'm having a hard time following all the action. Has anybody seen a program?

#17 | Posted by cbob at 2017-03-14 04:47 PM | Reply

Now whouda thunk ol' Whiskey Nose was crooked?

#18 | Posted by e1g1 at 2017-03-14 09:19 PM | Reply

Article: "according to an email obtained by The Washington Post."

Whoa Wapo king of fake news and that makes everything right....lolololo. There is nothing they report that is believable. They made their own bed like the NYT

#19 | Posted by Robson at 2017-03-14 09:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Just a reminder.

#20 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-03-14 10:30 PM | Reply

The only one accused of voter fraud in the US...President Steve Bannon.

#21 | Posted by Bubba10 at 2017-03-15 09:36 AM | Reply

#19 | POSTED BY ROBSO
"Wapo king of fake news"

/facepalm

#22 | Posted by TheTom at 2017-03-15 02:48 PM | Reply

#19 | POSTED BY ROBSO
"Wapo king of fake news"
/facepalm

#22 | POSTED BY THETOM AT 2017-03-15 02:48 PM | FLAG:

They keep saying that because they don't like what the Post reports.

#23 | Posted by cbob at 2017-03-15 03:53 PM | Reply

Steve Bannon wholeheartedly believes that he's genetically superior to Usain Bolt and Lebron James. - #20 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-03-14 10:30 PM
Any citation for the MSD? And, as you seem to be slinging that accusation like a club, do you have any refutation of it?

#24 | Posted by Avigdore at 2017-03-15 05:01 PM | Reply

republican dictionary # 442

fake news: perjorative; 1) Any news story that doesn't portray Donald Trump, The Republican Party, Any members of the Republican party, any of their policies, or any of their proposals as infallible paragons of virtue. 2) Most of what Donald Trump retweets from various random alt-right and conspiracy sites

#25 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2017-03-15 05:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#24 | POSTED BY AVIGDORE AT

Steve Bannon is a white supremacist.

lmgtfy.com

#26 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-03-16 12:22 AM | Reply

Steve Bannon is a white supremacist. - #26 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-03-16 12:22 AM
Do you have any evidence that you can cite for that, or is it an uninformed opinion?

#27 | Posted by Avigdore at 2017-03-16 09:41 AM | Reply

Ahhhh, the Ole "link?" defense/deflection.

No, I don't have a signed confession from your white supremacist hero.

#28 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-03-16 10:04 AM | Reply

@27 - rather unimportant whether the assertion regarding his personal belief(s) could be proven when his actions, his media empire, and his words all enable, empower and embolden white nationalism and supremacy.

but you may stay stuck in the meaningless if it gives you comfort.

#29 | Posted by YAV at 2017-03-16 10:11 AM | Reply

No, I don't have a signed confession from your white supremacist hero. - #28 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-03-16 10:04 AM
I'm not asking for a signed confession. I'm looking for some sort of proof to back up your claims. If you can't support your claims, that's fine. Lots of people have uninformed opinions. I'm trying to better educate myself, and you made some claims I would investigate. I'd also like to know for the future if you make informed or uninformed opinions.

@#29 | Posted by YAV at 2017-03-16 10:11 AM
Our freedom of speech also "enable, empower and embolden white nationalism and supremacy.". Welcome to America. What actions and words of his can you point to that empower anyone?

#30 | Posted by Avigdore at 2017-03-16 11:00 AM | Reply

@#29 | Posted by YAV at 2017-03-16 10:11 AM

#31 | Posted by Avigdore at 2017-03-16 11:00 AM | Reply

"I'm looking for some sort of proof ..." - #30 | Posted by Avigdore at 2017-03-16 11:00 AM

Since when are you interested in proof?

Its not like you've ever provided any for your claims.

#32 | Posted by Hans at 2017-03-16 11:03 AM | Reply

Our freedom of speech ...

Is a poor attempt to dodge the repulsive nature of Bannon's ideas and speech. I can only assume you support his vision of White Nationalism and xenophobia since you're spending so much time defending him and attempting to redefine and reposition your asinine defense of this miscreant.

I've said nothing about freedom of speech, threatening it, not loving it - nothing. In fact, I'm glad we have it and I cherish it. It lets despicable POS like Bannon to define himself so others like myself, because I to have freedom of speech, can rip him to shreds for his destructive ideas.

#33 | Posted by YAV at 2017-03-16 11:15 AM | Reply

*"because I too, have freedom of speech"

#34 | Posted by YAV at 2017-03-16 11:16 AM | Reply

Bannon is a seriously creepy-looking dude.

He looks like an alcoholic zombie.

Keep careful watch over your children when Bannon is around.

#35 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-03-16 11:22 AM | Reply

@#33 | Posted by YAV at 2017-03-16 11:15 AM
Could you please point out any spot where I've defended him anywhere? I've spent 'so much time' it should be pretty easy, right?

Which ideas are those specifically, that he has espoused, that you find to be destructive?

#36 | Posted by Avigdore at 2017-03-16 12:15 PM | Reply

"Some folks here seem to have very strong feelings about this guy. I'm asking what your justification is for those strong feelings."

Learn to use Google and figure it out for yourself. We don't explain things to those who don't want to educate themselves around here. But then, you and I both know your request is just trolling anyway.

#37 | Posted by danni at 2017-03-16 12:36 PM | Reply

Learn to use Google and figure it out for yourself. We don't explain things to those who don't want to educate themselves around here. - #37 | Posted by danni at 2017-03-16 12:36 PM

I actually spent much of my day yesterday reading the following articles on or about Steve Bannon, because I haven't been very informed about the guy. One of my co-workers recommended I read up on him a bit, but he couldn't provide any direct information.
www.nytimes.com
www.thedailybeast.com
www.thedailybeast.com
www.thedailybeast.com
www.usatoday.com
www.businessinsider.com
www.thespec.com

They are many of the top links when I queried "Steve Bannon his own words". The guy does have some strong opinions. The guy does have some tasteless opinions. I've asked people to show me where he's
or where he's said anything like
Steve Bannon wholeheartedly believes that he's genetically superior to Usain Bolt and Lebron James.#20 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-03-14 10:30 PM
or something that shows his destructive ideas - #33 | Posted by YAV at 2017-03-16 11:15 AM
My asking for people to show how they form their very strong, negative opinions that they have formed and spread about someone isn't trolling. Asking people to quantify why they have such negative opinions leads to communication where things can be discussed.

#38 | Posted by Avigdore at 2017-03-16 12:47 PM | Reply

"Steve Bannon his own words" - OK... let's see....
No, those aren't the top links. Dailybeast doesn't even show up until the 4th page of links. Nothing like self-selecting and feeding your bias. There's a lot of damning information before that first daily beast link shows up! I think Danni's right - you're trolling.

So I tried it in quotes.
6 results (0.51 seconds)
And one of the hits was this thread. {sigh}

Besides, why even google that and quote me? I was clear in what I said. Bannon has an entire media empire with headlines and messaging, a following, and has empowered and emboldened neo-nazis and gave rise the the "Alt-Right."

This is beyond obvious, yet here you are defending this POS? Hint: "Could you please point out any spot where I've defended him anywhere?"- is defending him. Obviously, and too funny that your bias is so sever you can't figure that much out.

But here, let me try and be helpful instead of being a bit of an ass. Google "We're the platform for the alt-right" and see who said that. Hint: Bannon.

Of course Breitbart has a guide they publish assuring folks that the "alt-right" isn't racist at all. Not. at. all. LOL! (You can google that on your own, right? Just google "An establishment conservative's guide to the alt-right" and while you're there, enjoy Breitbart's store. Pick yourself up a nice hat or something.

Seriously, there's so much out there I'm not bothering with this idiocy any more.

Thanks for the example of how people seek out only information that fits their bias, all the while being blind to how all they're doing is reinforcing their bias.

#39 | Posted by YAV at 2017-03-17 06:51 AM | Reply