Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Melania Trump just got what she wanted -- a retraction from the YouTuber who posted a video suggesting her son, Barron, might be autistic. The guy behind the video now says, "It was incredibly irresponsible of me to diagnose Barron Trump using a selection of misleading videos. I falsely correlated him trying to stay awake and occasionally doing quirky things, with him suffering from autism."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

TMZ broke the story ... Melania hired high-powered attorney Charles Harder to fire off a letter threatening to sue the YouTuber -- whose video blew up after Rosie O'Donnell tweeted the link with the caption, "Barron Trump Autistic?" He also admits the video -- which has been deleted -- was "false, defamatory and malicious." The apology goes even further, and seems extremely genuine and heartfelt.

Comments

Watching the video we were reminded of our friends' son who has Asperger's. That doesn't mean Barron has Asperger's, but if he does, it isn't something to be ashamed of nor is it something that has to be kept hidden.

#1 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-11-30 12:35 AM | Reply

#1 and BTW Gal, I am not mocking disabled children like either of our friends' children, I'm telling her and her piece of crap husband to spare me the hypocritical dramatics.

#3 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-11-30 03:19 AM | Reply

You totally missed the point there. I was being facetious on purpose.

Way to ruin it by needing it explained to you.

#5 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-11-30 03:39 AM | Reply

he does appear autistic. not sure what the point is.

what most people don't know is that autism has such a broad range of manifestations. My wife has twin sons, who are now 20 years old, that i have helped her raise. One is severely autistic (non-verbal, mentally retarded), while the other would be described as having mild aspergers (can talk, drive and work, but can't get a girl.....that's a private joke we have at home).

maybe having an autistic child (if true) will give Trump pause and guidance in some of his decisions.....

#6 | Posted by kudzu at 2016-11-30 06:52 AM | Reply

Bully.
#4 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-11-30 03:23 AM
You forgot "thin skinned."

#7 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-11-30 09:17 AM | Reply

Going after a ten year old is scumbag territory. Acting entitled and self righteous about it doesn't make it any less so.

#8 | Posted by Sully at 2016-11-30 09:37 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I bully the bullies?

So Baron is a bully? What about the guy who posted the video? He should be your target.

Why aren't your bigoted, juvenile post deleted.

Really showed your true colors there tough guy.

#9 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-11-30 10:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

My friend wondered if Barron has Asperger's if Donald makes fun of him like he did that disabled reporter. I said I didn't think so. Trump can be cruel, but I don't think he'd be that cruel to his own flesh and blood.

#10 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-11-30 11:03 AM | Reply

Probably not, but he has no problem being cruel to other people's flesh and blood.

You guys crack me up. No I don't think a 10 year-old should be made fun of, nor a 47-year old reporter with disabilities or my friend's 7-year old boy with similar disabilities, a dead soldier's family, Muslims, Mexicans, Women with P---ys, Iowans, or POWs. So save me the crocodile tears for Melania.

She needs to be a hero to all women and divorce that scumbag in protest. Then I will care what she has to say.

#11 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-11-30 11:11 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Why aren't your bigoted, juvenile post deleted

#9 | POSTED BY PROLIX247

Everything anti Trump is allowed. Look at Regan58 says the whole Trump backing Tennessee should burn baby burn.

#12 | Posted by patron at 2016-11-30 11:21 AM | Reply

"(apparently I can do the same thing to Sully, LOD, and Prolix. I have my own legion of petty trolls, but I'm the one who is thin-skinned? HAHA)"

What are you babbling about? I like to post here and do it alot. We've disagreed a few times. I hardly go out of my way to find your posts. I didn't pile on during your impossible to miss meltdown. And I've never mentioned you out the blue the way you just did.

#13 | Posted by Sully at 2016-11-30 11:27 AM | Reply

I guess I'll believe you but I don't. You pile on all the time, but please continue to do so. I can obviously handle it, and for the most part, relish it.

YOU helped create this too with your non-stop Alt-right Hillary bashing no matter how much you try to disavow yourself from what happened. You didn't try to stop it. I did because I care about stuff like this thread on a personal level...which you, of course, find to be red meat worth attacking by calling it a meltdown. It wasn't a meltdown. I'm still here saying the same damn thing. Because it's clear who the vultures are and where the virtue lies.

So yes Sully, you are on my Huckleberry list too.

#14 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-11-30 11:37 AM | Reply

"So you are telling me Sully that #8 was not an obtuse attempt to ignore the irony of #2?"

#8 was a general comment as to the sleaziness of going after a ten year old. Had nothing to do with your post or anyone else's. I have a ten year history here of always quoting people when I address something they said. That you think #8 was about you tells us all we need to know about your mental state.

"YOU helped create this too with your non-stop Alt-right Hillary bashing no matter how much you try to disavow yourself from what happened. You didn't try to stop it."

You can screw right off with that. I'm not right or left, alt-anything or any other type of ideologue.

I didn't want Trump or Hillary to be president, said as much and voted that way. If you supported a horrible candidate, that is your problem. You'll learn to fly by flapping your arms before you make me feel guitly for telling the truth about Hillary.

"So yes Sully, you are on my Huckleberry list too."

That's fine. And when you assume things are all about you when they clearly are not, as you did with #8, I will point out that you're a self involved, attention seeking, cartoonish drama queen.

#15 | Posted by Sully at 2016-11-30 11:56 AM | Reply

You think wrong. Trump has often been cruel to his own children and family members. The way he talks about Tiffany is often callous, and stories about his mistreatment of Donald Jr. and Eric have been alleged.

Here's one example:

www.facebook.com

Trump cut off health care to his brother's grandson with cerebral palsy as revenge for his brother's descendants contesting his father's will:

motherjones.com

#16 | Posted by rcade at 2016-11-30 12:04 PM | Reply

As for the link, Barron Trump should be off limits for criticism or speculation until he's an adult. He's a kid who didn't ask for this spotlight.

#17 | Posted by rcade at 2016-11-30 12:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#16 Damn. In that case, it's probably a blessing if Barron and Melania stay in NYC.

#18 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-11-30 12:10 PM | Reply

If you didn't direct #8 at me, I guess I'll take your word for it. But you still enabled Trump and and parroted a ton of alt-right talking points leading up to the election. Now I see you trash Trump as if you really did anything to stop it. You never talked about Trump like you did Hillary. Face it, you are a Buster and you got your vengeance. It was either gonna be Trump or Hillary and Trump is way worse. I hope you enjoy your president.

How you can still think this is about me is asinine. This has always been about the ---- you let into the White House.

If anything, I have an obsessive, fixated hatred of Donald Trump, specifically for his denigration and incitement of denigration of "others." Saying this is about me instead of the object of my loathe proves your ignorance.

You want cartoonish? Check out the next 4 years at 1600 Penn. You want "told ya so," get back with me.

#19 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-11-30 12:14 PM | Reply

If you didn't direct #8 at me, I guess I'll take your word for it.
#19 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-11-30 12:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

You don't have to take anyone's word for it. In fact: It wasn't addressed towards you in any way.

And as far as I'm concerned, you have no right to complain about Trump because you supported an equally lousy candidate and person. Your problem isn't that we had a crappy person running things. Your problem is that the crappy person you want isn't running things. Big difference. And I have no respect for the latter.

#20 | Posted by Sully at 2016-11-30 12:29 PM | Reply

Sorry Sully, you assume my aspirations to be too lofty and that's what you don't understand. I am not championing Hillary in anyway beyond the fact that she was not nearly as potentially destructive to America as a whole than Trump, and I think it's idiotic to think otherwise. Nearly everyone will recognize this over time. Hillary was Brussels sprouts, Trump is lead paint. Both are lousy but if you have to eat one, which do you choose? Not the paint.

If you think I'm some kind of Hillary shill let that sink in; I just compared her to Brussels sprouts. But now we all have to eat lead paint because some people threw the Brussel sprouts off the table.

I didn't like anyone running for president. In a world run by humans Elizabeth Warren vs. Rand Paul would have made a lot more sense.

#21 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-11-30 01:40 PM | Reply

Of all the creepy trump kids to target, especially the boys, how did they choose the least creepy one?

#basementdungeon

#22 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2016-11-30 01:56 PM | Reply

The video I saw that speculated about Barron being autistic wasn't a hit piece. It was meant to explain why Barron was making funny faces and looked sleepy during his dad's victory speech, because apparently there were folks on social media mocking him for those things, saying things like "Wake up, boy. You're daddy was just elected president.

#25 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-11-30 02:07 PM | Reply

Not a hit piece?

10 year old kids make faces, lack self control, and tend to be sleepy well after midnight.
You don't believe that crap for a second. Not a hit pice my ass.

That youtuber and the lefty ghouls here are just concerned for the poor lad...

#26 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2016-11-30 02:10 PM | Reply

I really didn't see it as a hit piece. The video also showed things like Barron's rocking back and forth. Like I said, a lot of what the video showed reminded me of my friends' son who has Asperger's. It made me feel empathy for Barron if that is the case. He shouldn't be mocked either way, but if he has that particular disability he really shouldn't be.

#27 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-11-30 02:17 PM | Reply

I see someone cannot take responsibility for their comments but wants to deflect to other people.

Weak my boy.

Very weak...

#28 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-11-30 02:32 PM | Reply

You don't believe that crap for a second. Not a hit pice my ass.

That youtuber and the lefty ghouls here are just concerned for the poor lad...

#26 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2016-11-30 02:10 PM | Reply | Flag:

They're publicly suggesting, based on highly irresponsible and ill informed armchair diagnoses, that the lad is mentally disabled for his own good.

What is so hard to believe about that?

#29 | Posted by Sully at 2016-11-30 03:29 PM | Reply

#21 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-11-30 01:40 PM | Reply:

That's all well and good but if you're going to criticize me for saying negative things about Hillary (which you could have refuted at any time if you found them to be off the mark), even degrading yourself by throwing around silly lables while doing so, then you have to understand why I think you're a shill.

Voting for the lesser evil is one thing but attacking people for saying things that you didn't even bother to take issue with at the time is another.

#31 | Posted by Sully at 2016-11-30 05:21 PM | Reply

Good for her. She should stick up for her son.

The bullies on the left need to be exposed.

#32 | Posted by sawdust at 2016-11-30 11:14 PM | Reply

#31, You are half right. I did state my case for Turd Sandwich frequently. But at the same time, I wasn't as vocal about it before the election because I didn't really think Trump had a chance to win. I admit it. But it doesn't invalidate what I'm saying either. Trump was a way worse candidate for reasons that should be obvious. I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who thought they were equally bad, I can't fathom that analysis from a pragmatic standpoint, especially for someone to the left of the House of Saud.

I wish I would have been more vocal, but that doesn't mean that people who didn't vote for Hillary, directly or indirectly, paved the way for President Trump, which I consider to be the worst case, of all possible worst case scenarios in our country's existence.

But no, I went against you at the time about Hillary and your perceived racism against white people. I remembered it clearly because I couldn't believe you were actually taking offense to things obviously not said about you. But, apparently enough normally reasonable white people took offense, and it baffles me. Just because I'm white, and George Wallace was white, doesn't mean both of us are equally racist. I thought the left called a spade a spade and a diamond a diamond, and a turd sandwich is better than a Giant D....

#33 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-12-01 01:23 AM | Reply

UGGH. sorry about the computer freeze there.

#36 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-12-01 01:25 AM | Reply

#33 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-12-01 01:23 AM | Reply

Its not so much that I personally take offense to anything. I just recognize racism when I see it and I say so. Its only when the racism is pointed at white people that certain ideolgues seem to think I'm wrong for pointing it out. When "white" is positioned as inherently negative, that' racist. And in the particular thread you are talking about, what I said was that all this race baiting by Democrats would eventually come back to bite them.

Reasonable people are not acting abonormally when they question the left's constantly talking about "white America" in negative terms. What is abnormal is the expectation that everyone agree that racism is horrible except for the "postive" racism of the left, who can never be truly racist because they are the left. A smug sense of superiority does not entitle any type of ideologue to act like a total ass without consequences. Sorry.

That said, what really did Hillary in was that she ignored the ecnomic situation in middle American and Trump did not (even if he's not going to help, he at least pretends to care). I also failed to see that as a big factor in this election, but I wasn't running for president.

#37 | Posted by Sully at 2016-12-01 09:41 AM | Reply

I agree with your last point Sully, I still think you (and your offended white brethren) sound like big crybabies about someone else's spilled milk, no matter how many times you explain you (and your other offended white people's) cause for unneeded butthurt. I just think it's stupid and you pinned an offense on yourselves that wasn't meant for you. It was meant for the millions of white people who are racist jerks.

I guess we are still in the Don't Ask Don't Tell phase of that reality. Wouldn't want to offend the pure white snowflakes out there. I know you keep saying you weren't personally offended but your writing belies you Sully. You were obviously offended because you are fixated on it. You are the Dixville Notch/Michael Brown of this issue. I think it is super silly Sully, but your POV won.

Again, the latter of what you wrote is a lot more sensible than the former and I would attune that much more to Hillary's loss than the poor offended white snowflakes. But apparently we can denigrate Muslims, the disabled, women, blacks, POWs, Gold Star Families, and the constitution itself, but we have not crossed the threshold calling a large swath of white people what they really are. Maybe one day we will reach equality.

Anyway you got your big white government now, so nothing to worry about snowflakes.

Don't ever call ME thinned-skinned again. I'll save this thread for posterity.

#38 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-12-01 11:32 AM | Reply

"I still think you (and your offended white brethren) sound like big crybabies about someone else's spilled milk, no matter how many times you explain you (and your other offended white people's) cause for unneeded butthurt. I just think it's stupid and you pinned an offense on yourselves that wasn't meant for you. It was meant for the millions of white people who are racist jerks."

That's because you are a thoughtless ideologue with a blatant double standard, as 101 just pointed out. Because it ain't that complicated:

If you make a negative generalization about any race, you're being racist.

You can't turn around and say "Well I only meant certian people" if your statement did not include any qualifiers and targetted an entire race instead.

And this tactic where you try to shame me into conformity with all the "butthurt" talk and whatever isn't going to work. I'm right in saying it is racist to make negative generalizations based on race. You and your brethren are the thoughtless fools with the blatant double standard and its wrong. Deal with it.

#40 | Posted by Sully at 2016-12-01 02:41 PM | Reply

Who is saying All white people are racist. Link please? If and only if you think common decency is an ideology am I an ideologue. I am a known pragmatist.

#41 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-12-01 10:34 PM | Reply