Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A Moroccan state television channel has broadcast a tutorial showing women how to conceal the evidence of domestic violence with make-up, sparking fury within the country.

The segment, in a daily programme on Channel 2M, showed a smiling makeup artist demonstrate how to mask injuries inflicted by a beating, on a woman whose face had been made up to appear swollen and bruised.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"We hope these beauty tips will help you carry on with your daily life", the host said at the end of the segment, which critics quickly pointed out coincided with the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.

Comments

I think it was back in the nineties that the Moroccan legislature had a detailed discussion on how big a stick you should use to beat your wife with.

#1 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-11-29 05:18 PM | Reply

'After the Beating': makeup tips by Moroccan state TV
---

At first I thought this was about how to get her in the mood after.

#2 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-11-29 05:25 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

These are the "tolerant and moderate" ones, right?

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2016-11-29 05:33 PM | Reply

A poll found that 51% of Muslims in America think Sharia law should be superior to the Constitution.

#4 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-11-29 05:50 PM | Reply

Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-11-29 05:50 PM | Reply

Many of your right winged Christian conservatives feel the same way. Your point???

#5 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2016-11-29 05:52 PM | Reply

#5 We should all get together and read the Necronomicon. No hate, no blame, no guilt at all in that book....

#6 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-11-29 06:11 PM | Reply

This the kind of thing the left used to abhor before they started subscribing to ultra-stupid identity politics. Now they can't criticize if the batterer is part of a preferred class.

#7 | Posted by Sully at 2016-11-30 12:44 PM | Reply

Domestic Abuse is normally hidden from society.

Except in Muslim nations.

Where it's glorified.

#8 | Posted by ClownShack at 2016-11-30 12:49 PM | Reply

I like the idea of having two wives. A normal one, and a Moroccan one I can take my anger out on.
My dog also loves the idea.

#9 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2016-11-30 12:52 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

My dog also loves the idea.

#10 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2016-11-30 12:53 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I love it so much I posted it twice.

#11 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2016-11-30 12:53 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

In case you haven't noticed, "Lefties" are quick to point out abuse by almost anyone. "Lefties'" mantra, however, is that not all people of a certain group act exactly like each other. Beating women is terrible no matter who you are, so drop the strawman Sully. It's crap like that which reinforces my issue with a lot of what you post, even though I used to agree with you on things a lot more. I think you are heading down the Nulli highway.

#12 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-12-01 01:40 AM | Reply