Monday, November 28, 2016

The Wisconsin Elections Commission set a timetable Monday for a recount of the presidential election but rejected a request to require a count by hand made by Green Party candidate Jill Stein, who quickly responded that she would sue.

Unless Stein wins her lawsuit in Dane County Circuit Court, officials in each of Wisconsin's 72 counties would decide on their own whether to do their recounts by hand. That could mean some counties perform recounts by machine and some by hand.

Citing the results of a 2011 statewide recount that changed only 300 votes, Elections Commission chairman Mark Thomsen, a Democrat, said this presidential recount is very unlikely to change Republican Donald Trump's win in the state.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

It may not be 22,177," said Thomsen, referring to Trump's win over Democrat Hillary Clinton in the vote count. "But I don't doubt that the president-elect is going to win that."

Thomsen dismissed Stein's claims of problems with the vote as unfounded and misleading.

Comments

Most machines in Wisconsin are optical readers. Voters fill out a ballot and feed it into the machine, which then electronically records the vote. In a hand recount, clerks would individually tally those ballots. In a machine recount, they would feed the ballots back through the machines, though they would also run a number of other checks such as reconciling the votes and signed names on poll lists.

A small number of votes in Wisconsin are cast on touch-screen machines. Those machines also generate paper records.

For some counties, hand recounts might be faster and less expensive because they could avoid reprogramming their voting machines, according to the Elections Commission.

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2016-11-28 04:03 PM | Reply

Clinton's campaign announced Saturday that it would take part in the recount process "to ensure the process proceeds in a manner that is fair to all sides," campaign general counsel Marc Elias said. Trump took to Twitter over the weekend to pillory Clinton for participating in the recount and his advisers strongly criticized the recount and the Clinton campaign's involvement.

Trump was the first Republican presidential nominee to win Wisconsin since 1984. In addition to her effort under way in Pennsylvania, Stein has said she also intends to pursue a recount in Michigan, another traditionally Democratic states carried by Trump.

Clinton would have to flip the vote in all three states to win the presidency, a possibility that election experts call extremely remote.

#2 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2016-11-28 04:04 PM | Reply

Somewhere, George Soros is maniacally cackling and thinking about making meat helmets with Zed.

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2016-11-28 04:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I sort of want to see 15,000 votes for Hillary pop out of nowhere, just to see how much chaos that would cause. Is that wrong of me :(?

#4 | Posted by daniel_3 at 2016-11-28 04:07 PM | Reply

No, its not wrong, part of the chaos would undoubtedly be a simultaneous fusion of the Moron Twins and their sycophants while their heads simultaneously exploded while Dr. Zedvil ran around with his pinky to his lips while searching for Mini-Zed...

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2016-11-28 04:19 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#4 | Posted by daniel_3 at 2016-11-28 04:07 PM
---

Nah, the chaos is the most entertaining part of this election.

#6 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-11-28 04:20 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at

You're a footnote on page 23 of my dissertation.

#7 | Posted by Zed at 2016-11-28 04:57 PM | Reply

Dr. Zedvil.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2016-

Thanks for using my title.

The Doctor has just this simple political thesis: Donald Trump is mentally unstable and is going to screw things up. The two sort of go together.

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2016-11-28 04:59 PM | Reply

I sort of want to see 15,000 votes for Hillary pop out of nowhere,
#4 | DANIEL_3

If it was possible, Team Hillary would be the one able to pull it off: Just ask Bernie.

#9 | Posted by Whizzo at 2016-11-28 06:15 PM | Reply

How does it cost for a recount?

Stein has to pay for it, right? I'm sure she'll raise the money from Hillary supporters.

#10 | Posted by eberly at 2016-11-28 06:40 PM | Reply

The Doctor also had an unusual upbringing:

Dr. ZEdvil: I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. My birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, and came across a blood soaked baby, moi. They raised me to be evil. You know, that old chestnut.

#11 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2016-11-28 07:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Zed, weren't you worried about Trump's SS monitoring your activity on here?

#12 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-11-28 07:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Zed, weren't you worried about Trump's SS monitoring your activity on here?

#12 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-11-28

I was at first. Then I realized that Trump's SS has always been here. Too late to hide.

#13 | Posted by Zed at 2016-11-28 08:16 PM | Reply

11 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2016

In all truth, what you created resembles in some small degree the plot of a novel I wrote.

Yes, I write books. My "elitism" annoys you, and I'm not done rubbing salt into your wounds.

#14 | Posted by Zed at 2016-11-28 08:19 PM | Reply

Did you know that out of every 100 novels started on, only .33% of them are are ever brought to completion? One out of every three hundred.

Ya'll need to appreciate SHOIEFOX. He's a hero.

#15 | Posted by Zed at 2016-11-28 08:21 PM | Reply

I'm not done rubbing salt into your wounds.

#14 | Posted by Zed

Since when do LOSERS rub salt in anyone's wounds?

#16 | Posted by nullifidian at 2016-11-28 08:26 PM | Reply

Get ready to find out Peabody.

#17 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-11-29 02:06 PM | Reply

LOL, MY wounds?

You obviously need to get your IBD checked out by an actual Doctor, the butt hurt has completely altered what little perception of reality that you retain.

#18 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2016-11-29 03:45 PM | Reply

Since when do LOSERS rub salt in anyone's wounds?
#16 | Posted by nullifidian at 2016-11-28 08:26 PMFlag: (Choose)FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusive

Get ready to find out Peabody.
#17 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-11-29 02:06 PM
---

lol

#19 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-11-29 04:04 PM | Reply

-What are you going to do, write another massive "YES I'M MAD" thread aimed at him?

Let's hope. I miss marytylerwhore. I'm glad her stepsister has agreed to appear here and ---- herself for our entertainment.

#20 | Posted by eberly at 2016-11-29 04:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1