Monday, November 28, 2016

Pope Francis offered some advice about the devil and hell in a sermon Friday – warning Christians not to talk to Satan and suggesting eternal damnation is not a "torture chamber."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"Eternal damnation is not a torture chamber," he said. "That's a description of this second death: it is a death. And those who will not be received in the Kingdom of God, it's because they have not drawn close to the Lord. These are the people who journeyed along their own path, distancing themselves from the Lord and passing in front of the Lord but then choosing to walk away from Him. Eternal damnation is continually distancing oneself from God. It is the worst pain, an unsatisfied heart, a heart that was created to find God but which, out of arrogance and self-confidence, distances itself from God."

Comments

See? Cthulhu is still OK to dream about.

#1 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-11-28 12:39 AM | Reply

You know darn well this is going to be turned into dont talk to Donald Trump thread who is going to be accused as the devil.

which is silly he is obviously a mini Anti Christ not the devil, there is many mini Antichrists but only 1 Devil and you really shouldnt talk to him since he is a liar

#2 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2016-11-28 01:21 AM | Reply

Most of us have never been offered a big opportunity from the Devil. For most folks life itself has been sort of hard, with lots of set back, a good amount of pain. I kind of think that the uncertainty of live is actually "the devil." There is no guy with horns, there is no evil being trying to corrupt you, there is life, which can depress you, do all sorts of things to you and make it so unbearable that you do something unthinkable to yourself or others. I think about poor peasants in Africa or Asia or S. America or in America, how are they so strong that they keep working every day for the tiny amounts they earn? If there were a Devil, that would not happen. Hope is one of the most basic human emotions, I thank God for that every day. If there is a Devil, he lost the battle many centuries ago because the one thing I share with all of those poor people, who understand it far better than I, hope is always what we hear, what we strive for, what sustains us. If there ever was a Devil, he lost his battles long ago.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2016-11-28 01:37 AM | Reply

Why not??? She's the voice of pleasure.

#4 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2016-11-28 01:40 AM | Reply

What a weirdo. A goofball wearing a pointed hat. A SJW who mourns the death of Comrade Fidel.

#5 | Posted by nullifidian at 2016-11-28 01:51 AM | Reply

#5 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

When did you sour on "Comrade"? :-)

#6 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-11-28 01:54 AM | Reply

There is something to this idea of the Devil, I can tell when it's there as a Christian. I really can, but it is so hard to put into words or even metaphor. That is what I consider most of the Bible to be, save a general interpretation of the Gospel. I know humanity is complex and a battle between good and evil, however it is truly defined, rages within all of us to a certain degree.

I just know Trump is not good when I think of the world as God imagines it. That's all. I'm not saying a world with Hillary is infinitely better, but my Christian background at least tells me which one is less like the Devil than the other.

Sorry, ever since the election, all I can think about is that we just let this happen, and it is a major symbol of decline as a civilization. It's not because my "side" lost. We all lost, some just can't see past themselves to realize it.

#7 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-11-28 02:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So, if Trump calls, I should just hang up?

#8 | Posted by kudzu at 2016-11-28 09:18 AM | Reply

I have to talk to the devil, I'm married to his sister..

#9 | Posted by Whizzo at 2016-11-28 10:32 AM | Reply

BTW, the lead was buried. The headline should be: Pope thinks Revelations is a Lying Pile of Crud.

#10 | Posted by bocaink at 2016-11-28 12:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The worms crawl in the worms crawl out, the worms play pinochle on your snout. Everything that you were is dissembled.

#11 | Posted by nutcase at 2016-11-29 05:14 PM | Reply