Sunday, November 27, 2016

When two black men shopped at a CVS in Richmond, Virginia, and asked if they sold sliced cheese, store employees hid in a back room and called police -- leaving the men and another customer wandering around the store looking for employees and finding none. "We looked around for probably 30, 45 minutes and we couldn't find anybody," said Philip Blackwell. "All I asked for was sliced cheese," said Ricky Berry. When the cop showed up, he joined their search for the missing workers. "He was laughing with us because, like, this is how weird, apocalyptic movies start," Berry said.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Comments

Your RW at work folks.

#1 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2016-11-27 05:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Obviously when crime equates with race others are become wary of those of that race. I voted for and thought Obama would change that. He made it worse.

The libs are beyond gleeful that the USA is turning brown, and hateful towards whites and others who lose opportunity, and are trashed and called racists. Who among us can't wait until the USA is 100% brown, black and Hispanic and the elites that created it head back to their walled off racist homeland? The supremacists are never your rednecks or average whites that are being screwed and lose economically. The real supremacists are on CNBC, have all the money and political power.

#2 | Posted by Robson at 2016-11-27 06:18 PM | Reply

Only racists equate crime with a particular race.

#3 | Posted by rcade at 2016-11-27 07:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

You are out of your frigging mind and wandering around naked looking for Rosebud! WTF? Obama made it worse, by what measure? Because racialist fools like yourself viewed every single action or word he was responsible for as being against white people without any actual connection to reality? You act as though he's ever taken a stand that lawlessness was acceptable. The concept of multi-facets is now foreign to your understanding that every answer in affirmation of one aspect of an issue does not come with an unqualified condemnation of other concerns within the same issue? In reality it's quite consistent for his role as leader of all citizens to be empathetic to the all sides when they take responsibility for their own shortcomings in conjunction with projecting their grievances.

The entire point of this story is that racist prejudice caused white people to freak the frack out and hide because black men came into a store actually looking to buy a specific item.

You really need to get a grip on reality and check your ignorance before you hit publish. You are embarrassing whatever credibility you've had over the years here on the Retort. You've become a blithering idiot unable to see any issue without running it through your "how can I blame liberals and Obama for this" lens.

It's quite pathetic and beneath your obvious intellect.

#5 | Posted by tonyroma at 2016-11-27 09:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#5 | Posted by tonyroma at 2016-11-27 09:36 PM | Reply | Flag: NEWSWORTHY 10X

#6 | Posted by Angrydad at 2016-11-27 10:31 PM | Reply

True story, 2 days ago. I've got a cute little dog named Joey and a grandson named Justin, who is 7. We walk Joey down next to a park several times a day. Well Joey darted out into the road as my grandson held his leash. Fortunately, I was able to grab the leash and pull him back onto the sidewalk. At the same time some guy is driving by yelling something out of his car, I don't really know what he said but, and yes I am fool, I yelled back. I said "What?" Well, he turned around and came back, he wasn't threatening at all. He said he had just said he didn't want to run over my little dog. I said thanks for that and apologized for even saying anything. OK, everything was fine but then, as a favor to me and my grandson he added, "but if any of them Nwords give you a hard time I'll be right there to F them up." I am not lying. I live in a very mixed neighborhood, and I've lived there for 10 years. I have black freinds in that neighborhood. My grandson plays with black kids in that neighborhood. Sorry, it's just an isolated incident, but it never happened before Trump encouraged these a******s to be who they are. Racists. I've lived in this very nice, lovely even, neighborhood for all those years and this was the first such incident? The part where we walk to was full of nice black families, I know this for sure, I feel safer with them than I do with the racists. Those people are crazy, and Trump is empowering them! Can't prove it, it's not scientific but we all know it's happening.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2016-11-28 01:51 AM | Reply

"If you want white people to respect you... stop looking like a gansta..."

Dress code? REally? Dumbest post of the year!

#9 | Posted by danni at 2016-11-28 02:14 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

8 | Posted by Pegasus at 2016-11-28 01:56

The article shows a picture of one of the 2 black guys that went into the store and if he is dressed like a gangsta some am I then.

Got to go with DANNI one of the dumbest post this year.

#10 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2016-11-28 02:26 AM | Reply

"Black men", Rcade?

They look more white than black.

#11 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-11-28 02:30 AM | Reply

Maybe they are composites?

#12 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-11-28 02:40 AM | Reply

They aren't dressed "gangsta" at all, BTW. They're dressed like college kids. How absolutely ignorant do you have to be to make that kind of response? Click the article. Look at the pictures. At least.

As to "this being a high crime area" - it was Carytown. Here's a nice color-coded map for you. It's substantially lower than Richmond which surrounds it:
www.trulia.com

So what can we conclude from the data and evidence?

That your post is completely made up.

#13 | Posted by YAV at 2016-11-28 07:25 AM | Reply

My question..if they were told that CVS didn't have any sliced cheese, why were they hanging around in the store for more than 30 minutes (according to the article?) Something seems fishy about this whole story. Could this be more liberal fake news?

#14 | Posted by newsblogger at 2016-11-28 08:16 AM | Reply

"Could this be more liberal fake news?"

It's actual news. It happened. The police were called. There's a police report. There's an actual NEWS report.

Not too good on the concept of "fake news" are you?

#15 | Posted by YAV at 2016-11-28 08:27 AM | Reply

why were they hanging around in the store for more than 30 minutes

Simple - In addition to a safe room = they also installed remote control door locks. You see this in many stores in high crime areas to stop Flash Mob Robbery. They simply remotely lock up the store until police arrive.

CCTV and Audio systems are also beefed up as well. Police rolled up, Store employees showed the video and the police kicked these "college boys"out.

Dress code? REally? Dumbest post of the year!

Yep - often types of dress are associated with criminal activity People are often fooled by their untrained eyes to spot gang dress.

"If you want white people to respect you... stop looking ( and acting ) like a gansta..."

Always remember - when your going into a store, your entering private property. Try dressing up like a gandsta wannabe and go to Walmart or any bank and see what happens.

#16 | Posted by Pegasus at 2016-11-28 10:48 AM | Reply

People are often fooled by their untrained eyes to spot gang dress.

The men are shown at the link. Stop making the false racist claim they were dressed like "gangstas" to justify prejudice against them.

#18 | Posted by rcade at 2016-11-28 11:27 AM | Reply

The black customer said, " Do you have sliced cheese bro ".
The white clerk heard, " Hide in the back while we go through the register".
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

#19 | Posted by Whizzo at 2016-11-28 11:38 AM | Reply

They aren't dressed "gangsta" at all, BTW.

#13 | Posted by YAV at 2016-11-28 07:25 AM | Reply | Flag:

The guy on the left has a bit of an 80's look going on. If you find Michael Jackson's "Beat It" video an accurate portrayal of gang life, I could see how he would be quite terrifying.

What's funnier than the story itself is that there are people whose precious world view requires them to make fools of themselves in defending the hysterical reaction of the store employees.

#20 | Posted by Sully at 2016-11-28 12:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I love that! "Beat it" as a documentary!

#21 | Posted by YAV at 2016-11-28 12:18 PM | Reply

Yea something else going on here.
They must have thought they were robing them.
They must have said something else they are not telling you.
You notice they dont have a video of that.
And you also notice the cop had to force them out.

I would like to see the security footage of what they really did................
PS such a story should not even be printed until you saw that footage.

#22 | Posted by tmaster at 2016-11-28 12:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

These are likely to be Trump voters, these poor and shivering store owners. Do I really have to spell out why?

Don't worry, I'm sure Donald has a plan for evil sliced-cheese seekers.

#23 | Posted by Zed at 2016-11-28 12:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Sliced cheese? These guys must have been having a really high end party.

"MmmmmmMmmmmmmm! Is these Kraft singles? Got damn!! Nom Nom Nom"

#24 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2016-11-28 02:40 PM | Reply

And you also notice the cop had to force them out.

Your theory is that they were up to no good but stuck around 30 minutes until the cops arrived? Brilliant!

#25 | Posted by rcade at 2016-11-28 03:57 PM | Reply

And you also notice the cop had to force them out.

#22 | Posted by tmaster at 2016-11-28 12:28 PM | Reply | Flag:

That's crazy sauce. If I'm being attacked or there's a chance of something bad happening I'm running as fast as my fat tushy will propel me. I am not sticking around.

#26 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2016-11-28 04:01 PM | Reply

What a sad story for those two guys, but to say this has something to do with Trump, with no evidence, displays almost as prejudice as the CVS employees. Nothing racist here, just good old-fashioned prejudice. A "racist" assumes superiority of their race over another. Some people really need a dictionary. BTW, another point is how many times has this store been robbed? I don't know, but it may have well played into the employees PREJUDICE.

#27 | Posted by danv at 2016-11-29 09:16 AM | Reply

Because it is unknown if CVS has a robbery policy to include abandoning the store over a question about cheese, a sidenote:

It is common practice for a robber to ask a "disarming" question. Usually, it is: "Do you have a smoke?", "Do you have a light?", "Do you have the time?" or a question for directions. Be especially concerned if someone should approach carrying a dark colored plastic bottle like Mello Yello or Mountain Dew.

The explanation is here: www.youtube.com

Yes, it does appear that the Internet is used by some to advance crime more efficently.

#28 | Posted by XRESETX at 2016-11-29 03:54 PM | Reply

Ha you all calling white racist. The employees are black, don't you all look silly.

#29 | Posted by patron at 2016-11-29 05:30 PM | Reply