Sunday, November 27, 2016

A Louisiana parish president, Republican Mike Yenni, was caught sexting a teenage boy and buying him "sexy" underwear. Claims that he is not gay.

Comments

if the man's not gay, it's got to be ok.

#1 | Posted by ichiro at 2016-11-27 01:53 PM | Reply

It was just a lapse in judgement and calls for his resignation are politically motivated.....

LOL!

Seriously, this story has been out a while. I was following it a while back when it became apparent he wasn't going to resign.

#2 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2016-11-27 02:42 PM | Reply

He's not gay? Whew! That was close!

#3 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-11-27 02:45 PM | Reply | Funny: 8

"he never had sexual contact with the teen beyond kissing, nor was he grooming the boy for a sexual relationship"

Well, at least it was legal in LA.

#4 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-11-27 02:49 PM | Reply

Louisiana Republican caught with a live boy.

Better than a dead boy, no?

#5 | Posted by ClownShack at 2016-11-27 03:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy" - Edwin Edwards, 1983

#6 | Posted by sentinel at 2016-11-27 05:22 PM | Reply

Louisiana Republican caught with a live boy.
Better than a dead boy, no?

#5 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2016-11-27 03:08 PM | REPLY | NEWSWORTHY 1

Better than a dead hooker.

#7 | Posted by 726 at 2016-11-28 09:16 AM | Reply

""I can't explain why I did it," the married, "

Was his wife at the podium with him looking like a kidnapping victim?

#8 | Posted by 726 at 2016-11-28 09:18 AM | Reply

He doesn't have to resign. Only democrats have to resign over such things.

#9 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2016-11-28 12:51 PM | Reply

"I can't…I really can't answer it," said Yenni. "I mean, it was just…it was a stupid action. It was a stupid action to even get into this form of text messaging. It was something…something that I can't explain why I did it."

Yenni met the boy at a Jesuit High School function. They began to exchange sexually charged messages. Yenni visited the boy at his job at a local mall and presented him with a pair of underwear. They kissed...

In a more liberal state, in a similar circumstance, this occasion would have been an opportunity for this guy to "come out" as gay or bi. From what is writ online about the encounters between these two consenting individuals, it sounds pretty gay on the Kinsley scale.

#10 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2016-11-28 12:57 PM | Reply

Seriously, the Republicans have adopted the Gays. Maybe it's because they have common interests. Blood may be thicker than water, but money trumps both.

#11 | Posted by docnjo at 2016-11-28 01:53 PM | Reply

Gay sex?

#12 | Posted by ClownShack at 2016-11-28 02:13 PM | Reply

Is his name Carlos Danger?

#13 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-11-29 09:57 AM | Reply

#10 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2016-11-28 12:57 PM

What are you claiming? Do you have examples of the gay community at large encouraging or protecting this kind of behavior or predator? It's a lie, and I can tell you that we are often presented with predators who use lies to malign and false-equivocate. Such as what you appear to be doing.

#14 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2016-11-29 03:35 PM | Reply