Friday, November 25, 2016

Wisconsin's election commission said on Friday it had received petitions for a recount of votes in the presidential election from the Green Party campaign and another candidate and was planning to start the process. "The Commission is preparing to move forward with a statewide recount of votes for President of the United States, as requested by these candidates," Commission Administrator Michael Haas said. The move follows comments by Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein earlier on Friday that her push for election recounts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania was aimed at assessing the integrity of the U.S. voting system. Stein, who won just 1 percent of the national vote herself, told CNN that while there was no evidence of tampering or other voting errors in the election, only a full review in those states would give Americans confidence in the results. "This was a hack-riddled election," she said, pointing to hacking before the vote of political organizations and individual email accounts, as well as recent media reports citing concerns by computer security experts.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Comments

Ooooooooooo Danni's gonna have a fitty.

#1 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2016-11-25 07:01 PM | Reply

We should go to all paper ballots. I'm no recount expert but what good is a recount of a computer tabulation? Oh well,. Irrelevant since Wisconsin was just extra electorals but this should be addressed in the future.

#2 | Posted by Nole74 at 2016-11-25 07:11 PM | Reply

I don't think that Clinton could suffer losing the same election twice should the recount not work in her favor, which is why she was failed to meet the Wisconsin deadline herself. Kinda proves that her candidacy was more about her than us. Certainly she wasn't the only candidate in the general election who had that kind of egotism but the point still stands.

#3 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2016-11-25 07:13 PM | Reply

"We should go to all paper ballots."

Agreed.

#4 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2016-11-25 07:14 PM | Reply

Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2016-11-25 07:13 PM | Reply

Like totally duh. Hell her first logo was a big fat H with a RED arrow. I'm positive that didn't stand for hemorrhoids.

#5 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2016-11-25 07:18 PM | Reply

It's been approved.

Wisconsin Agrees To Presidential Vote Recount At Third-Party Candidates' Request

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2016-11-25 07:25 PM | Reply

I don't think that Clinton could suffer losing the same election twice... Kinda proves that her candidacy was more about her than us. -- #3 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine

#7 | Posted by Phoenix at 2016-11-25 07:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#7... Exactly. I donated to Jill's campaign a couple of days ago because I wanted exactly this to happen. There are too many rumors and inconsistencies. We need to have a recount and shine daylight on the issue. But it needs to not be Hillary. Her "taking back" her concession (which demanding a recount would do) would undermine our election process and the peaceful transition of power. It would just cause more acrimony and defensiveness. But, Jill Stein doing it allows it to proceed without dividing the country too much further. (Unless it actually flips the election to Hillary. Then things will become a little crazy.)

#8 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2016-11-25 07:46 PM | Reply

"If she had filed, we'd be reading "Clinton the sore loser won't leave gracefully" stories from now until days after the recount was over. Regardless of how it turns out, how would THAT help us?"

So you're saying that it's better to have Trump win than to have accurate election results should these recounts amount to a reversal? Whose side are you on anyway?

#9 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2016-11-25 07:53 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

So you're saying that it's better to have Trump win... -- #9 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine

Of course not. You should read the news - the recount is happening.

#10 | Posted by Phoenix at 2016-11-25 08:32 PM | Reply

"Of course not. You should read the news - the recount is happening."

I know, Phoenix. I was talking about if Stein didn't make it happen. Now that you understand the question, would you mind answering rather than just trying to insult me? Thanks in advance.

#11 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2016-11-25 08:38 PM | Reply

I was talking about if Stein didn't make it happen. -- #11 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine

I find it interesting that people who accuse Clinton of all sorts of devious behavior cannot imagine that she played this one well.

#12 | Posted by Phoenix at 2016-11-25 08:44 PM | Reply

Yep someone who wont accept the election .

And it was not TRump media got it wrong again.

#13 | Posted by tmaster at 2016-11-25 08:50 PM | Reply

We should go to all paper ballots.

Agree too... would rather ave a few hanging "chads" than some fake number that can't be actually verified.

#14 | Posted by Pegasus at 2016-11-25 08:53 PM | Reply

"I find it interesting that people who accuse Clinton of all sorts of devious behavior...."

Okay, what kind of devious behavior have I supposedly accused Clinton of? And if you're not talking about me, what's the point of raising the issue in repsponse to my question?

"... cannot imagine that she played this one well."

So now Jill Stein is necessary. I get it. And I get you. Sorry to have been so wrong for so long.

#15 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2016-11-25 09:00 PM | Reply

#15 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine

We're a little too old for "you started it... no, YOU started it," but we're perceiving this exchange very differently.

I've never had a problem with Jill Stein or her supporters - I voted for her in 2012, and considered voting for her again this year. (She was the only candidate who came out against drone strikes.)

I may set a record for funny flags with this comment, but I genuinely do not understand the attacks on Clinton's character. I have an enormous amount of respect for her values and commitment, and can't imagine dealing with the crap she's had slung at her for 30 years - much less handling it with the grace and class she's shown at every turn.

You're assuming that there would be no recount if Stein hadn't filed. I don't think that's obvious at all. We'll probably never know, though, so why dig your heels in?

#16 | Posted by Phoenix at 2016-11-25 09:56 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Posted by Phoenix at 2016-11-25 09:56 PM | Reply

WOW I'm at a loss for words.

#17 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2016-11-25 09:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

WOW I'm at a loss for words. -- #17 | Posted by LauraMohr

I will savor these brief seconds...

#18 | Posted by Phoenix at 2016-11-25 10:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Subject:Donations to Jill Stein Explode Nearly 1, usuncut.com

So where is this money coming from? I'd be interested if someone with some more skills than me followed where all this money just came from.

#19 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2016-11-25 11:56 PM | Reply

So where is this money coming from?

What money? $80,000? That's peanuts in campaign terms. About 7 hours of flight time in Trump's jet.

#20 | Posted by REDIAL at 2016-11-26 12:20 AM | Reply

Think you missinterpretated what I was saying. She some how just raised 5 million and she was struggling to do that during the election so where did the 5 million come from? who gave it? Can that be traced down to see who is really pulling the strings?

#21 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2016-11-26 01:07 AM | Reply

Think you missinterpretated what I was saying.

I just looked at the four month old link you posted.

#22 | Posted by REDIAL at 2016-11-26 01:11 AM | Reply

Yeah 4 months ago she was happy that her donations went up 1000%.... That was 80000..... So to get 5 million that's pretty big. So I'm questioning who is really behind it.

#23 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2016-11-26 01:37 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Ah, I get your point.

#24 | Posted by REDIAL at 2016-11-26 01:42 AM | Reply

Maybe Trump is behind it, decided that being president would require too much work????

#25 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2016-11-26 01:59 AM | Reply

I doubt he has any intention of doing any of the work... he'll just deal with the foreign trips and state dinners.

#26 | Posted by REDIAL at 2016-11-26 02:03 AM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY GTBRITISHSKULL AT 2016-11-25 07:46 PM
---

The "rumors and inconsistencies" have already been debunked, but regardless, it's nearly impossible that we can get any more divided, so citing that as a concern with a recount is goofy. Both sides believe there are forces actively working against them in this election behind closed doors, so might as well do it anyway just for good measure.

#27 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-11-26 05:39 AM | Reply

www.amazon.com

But as far as the Rethugs and Wussies are concerned anything which raises the curtain on the Wizard of Oz is forbidden.

#28 | Posted by nutcase at 2016-11-26 07:30 AM | Reply

"I have an enormous amount of respect for her values and commitment, and can't imagine dealing with the crap she's had slung at her for 30 years -"

Really? Can't "imagine" it? All those things aren't imaginary, you know. For instance, I know it's difficult for you to believe, but SHE DID have an illegal private server with classified material on it...it wasn't just "imagined." Damn! We desperately need a "useful idiot" flag.

#29 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2016-11-26 07:58 AM | Reply

"Can that be traced down to see who is really pulling the strings?"

If I had to guess, I'd have to say the biggest player has the initials SOROS. I'm hearing he may be under investigation for funding the riots taking place after the election too.

#30 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2016-11-26 08:02 AM | Reply

#30 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2016-11-26 08:02 AM | Reply

FLAG:IDIOT

#31 | Posted by nutcase at 2016-11-26 08:16 AM | Reply

Is that what Breitbart is telling you Jest?

#32 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2016-11-26 12:50 PM | Reply

"I'm hearing he may be under investigation for funding the riots taking place after the election too."

Do you have an actual credible link for that, or did someone down the hall at the home say it?

#33 | Posted by Danforth at 2016-11-26 12:58 PM | Reply

#30 | POSTED BY JESTGETTINALONG

Who ever it is, she's milking it, her costs keep going up.....
www.zerohedge.com

#28 | POSTED BY NUTCASE
So elections are only rigged if a Republican wins? Is that your premise?

#34 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2016-11-26 01:01 PM | Reply

...SHE DID have an illegal private server ... #29 | Posted by jestgettinalong

No she didn't. www.npr.org

#35 | Posted by Phoenix at 2016-11-26 01:07 PM | Reply

The recount costs are up to $7 million. That's more than the $4.8 million Stein raised for her actual presidential bid. Two thirds of the amount is legal fees, which if not expended, will just go to other Stein projects.

Contrary to what i heard in the debates, it's, I guess, acceptable and not anti-American to contest election results. I can't remember if it was Clinton or Trump who said that failure to accept election results should automatically disqualify the other from office, but whoever said it is either a hypocrite or should be disqualified by their own reasoning.

But yeah, on with the recount, which even Clinton's attorney said is unlikely to change the result. If you're thinking about donating to the Stein slush fund, consider being forward thinking and diverting those funds instead to Planned Parenthood or the ACLU.

#38 | Posted by Nuke_Gently at 2016-11-26 04:51 PM | Reply

Damn! We desperately need a "useful idiot" flag.

#29 | Posted by jestgettinalong

So that we have a response to every post bleating about Soros? I agree.

#39 | Posted by jpw at 2016-11-26 05:09 PM | Reply

So elections are only rigged if a Republican wins? Is that your premise?

#34 | Posted by AndreaMackris

And they're only honest and fair if a repub wins? IS that your premise?

#40 | Posted by jpw at 2016-11-26 05:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

amack,

There is a preponderance of evidence in support of Rethug election shenanigans. But NO, Hillary and Kennedy, most likely have done the same.

#41 | Posted by nutcase at 2016-11-26 05:20 PM | Reply

Damn! We desperately need a "useful idiot" flag.

#29 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2016-11-26 07:58 AM | Reply | Flag:

I don't think RCADE would allow a JAMES DEAN flag

FACT

#42 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2016-11-26 05:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So that we have a response to every post bleating about Soros? I agree.

#39 | Posted by jpw

He's the only liberal billionaire they know, so he has to be behind every conspiracy they dream up. There are many suspects on the R side, only beginning with the Koch brothers. And all those "conservative" "think tanks" funded by all those "industrialists". But, but, Media Matters.... GMAFB

#43 | Posted by WhoDaMan at 2016-11-27 01:58 PM | Reply