Thursday, November 24, 2016

German Chancellor Angela Merkel's government is concerned that white supremacists in the United States are being emboldened by the election of Donald Trump and is watching developments closely, senior officials told Reuters. The Berlin government declined to give an official reaction to a video circulating on the internet which showed members of the "alt-right" movement, a grouping that includes neo-Nazis, white nationalists and anti-Semites, meeting on Saturday in Washington a few blocks from the White House. But one senior official close to Merkel described the video -- which shows a speaker shouting "Hail Trump" and some audience members making the Nazi salute -- as "repulsive and worrying."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Yair Lapid, a member of the foreign affairs and defense committee in the Israeli Knesset, called the video "sickening" and "intolerable."

"One of the greatest mistakes humanity ever made was a failure to recognize the danger of fascism early enough and tackle it head on," said Lapid. "We cannot let history repeat itself."

Comments

Let them be scared.

It's good for them to understand they can be resisted.

I hope all world leaders are thinking about Britain and the US when they lay down to sleep and are rethinking their global intentions.

#1 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-11-23 04:20 PM | Reply

It's good for them to understand they can be resisted.

Can't you expand on this sentence?

Who's "they" and what's being resisted?

Also. If you're not in the slightest bit concerned about the emboldening of white nationalism in this country, (and I'm not railing against being white, I'm talking about screaming "Hail Trump!" While throwing the Nazi Salute.) then you're complicit in what ever this path we, as a nation, are heading down takes.

#2 | Posted by ClownShack at 2016-11-23 04:41 PM | Reply

Anyone who makes a show of being pro-Nazi is a reprehensible moron.

But I'd rather live in a country where such cretins are free to flaunt their idiocy than live in a country that limits free speech the way the Germans do.

#3 | Posted by Sully at 2016-11-23 05:33 PM | Reply

#2 - the article names Germany and Israel and I would include all globalist.

No, I am note concerned with the fake concern the media is inspiring regarding Nazi's in America.

I am old enough to have seen American racism being a latino myself. My mom and dad were constantly being questioned due to their mixed marriage. I am older and wiser now so it does not scared me.

Why does this racial propaganda worry you?

#4 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-11-23 05:48 PM | Reply

#2 - the article names Germany and Israel and I would include all globalist.

Why does this racial propaganda worry you?

#5 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-11-23 05:48 PM | Reply

"I am more concerned with the fake concern the media is inspiring regarding Nazi's in America"

Yeah, well. There are Nazis in America and they think Donald Trump is cool.

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2016-11-23 06:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6 - Yeah, They came during WWII and we let them in.

As we see with Isis, you cannot kill an ideology.

But you can contain it.

#7 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-11-23 08:05 PM | Reply

Rise of Racist Alt-Right Alarms Israel, Germany

"What would they know ..."

-- any random Trump voter

#8 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2016-11-24 09:31 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY SULLY

I mostly agree with you...

But I'm glad Germany clamps down on their hate speech and has banned Nazi flags and symbols.

It's like what Bill Maher once said about Germany, "look them in the history book, they're always up to something".

#9 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2016-11-24 09:46 PM | Reply

It seems Israel, the country for only the Jews, with walls for borders, restricts who people can marry, which is both racist and nationalistic has its own set of problems far and above USA's.

#10 | Posted by Robson at 2016-11-24 11:10 PM | Reply

Yeah, well. There are Nazis in America and they think Donald Trump is cool.

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2016-11-23 06:21 PM | Reply | Flag:

His daughter grandson and son in law are Jewish. Your racial hatred is very offensive. The DNC already destroyed one Jewish candidate thru deception now you attack this family with their Jewish background with cries of Nazi.

Do you hate everyone from Hymie town?

#11 | Posted by nole74 at 2016-11-25 02:08 AM | Reply

I agree with Sully.... I rather have free speech.... Slippery slope when you start to limit one group just because you don't like their message.

#12 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2016-11-25 10:36 AM | Reply

Your racial hatred is very offensive.
#11 | POSTED BY NOLE74

But Donald's is perfectly acceptable.

Also why the hell would he put Bannon on his cabinet if he cared about his Jewish relatives?

#13 | Posted by Sycophant at 2016-11-25 03:40 PM | Reply

What did Israel expect? They supported the damn Republican Party and now that it backfired, they are concerned? Deal with it, stupid.

#14 | Posted by Sycophant at 2016-11-25 03:41 PM | Reply

---- Israel and every boot licker who thinks we should bow to them.

#15 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-11-25 04:11 PM | Reply

But Donald's is perfectly acceptable.

#13 | Posted by Sycophant at 2016-11-25 03:40 PM | Reply | Flag:

Maybe cause he actually knows the people as opposed to just reading stuff and parroting it like some of the lessor informed haters.

Geezz...how could you not know that? Do you think he gets his info from some b grade website like you or actually talks to them?

#16 | Posted by nole74 at 2016-11-25 06:30 PM | Reply

After 20 years of the ALT-LEFT, I'm ready for some Alt-Right!

#17 | Posted by Federalist at 2016-11-25 08:43 PM | Reply

Hey Sparky,
You've had the alt-right for the past 20+ years, Hello..... Fox News, whom I'm sure you hang on to every word. Now they have much more competition as they are all trying to "out Nazi" each other.

Now it's going to be fun watching these bitches play defense for the next 4 years. Of course you've done a great job of spinnng yourself since the election.

#18 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2016-11-26 07:46 PM | Reply