Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Politico: Well, the candidate who told his supporters he likes to "tell it like it is" is now the president-elect -- and he still hasn't found a comfortable resting place on many of the issues that defined his history-making candidacy.

Since his surprising election, Trump has switched his stands on everything from his signature border wall to his rather low opinion of the man he is replacing in the Oval Office.

He has a way to go to before he matches the sheer volume of self-disagreement that he racked up prior to Election Day, but his batting average over his brief time as the 45th president is perfection itself -- 15 about-faces in 15 days.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

1. On his predecessor 2. On anti-Trump protesters 3. On Obamacare 4. On the border wall 5. On gay marriage 6. On locking her up 7. On deporting illegal immigrants 8. On the generals 9. On nuclear Japan 10. On the Electoral College 11. On the Trump University lawsuit 12. On man-made climate change 13. On the Paris climate agreement 14. On torture 15. On the New York Times

Comments

One thing I won't complain about is when Trump flip flops from stupidity to sanity. Thanks Donald, keep it up.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2016-11-23 08:19 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

As was pointed out at the time, Donald is good at reading a room during rallies. He's very good at vocalizing what gets a response from the crowd. Whatever he said represented very little more than that.

Happy kleptocracy, suckers.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2016-11-23 08:35 AM | Reply

I have to agree with DANNI

#3 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2016-11-23 08:55 AM | Reply

15 Trump Flip-Flops in 15 Days

"There's a sucker born every minute" -- P.T. Barnum

#4 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2016-11-23 09:46 AM | Reply

Well, maybe this will help settle down the end-of-the-world-is-upon-us folks.

But, I highly doubt it.

#5 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2016-11-23 11:20 AM | Reply

Well, maybe this will help settle down the end-of-the-world-is-upon-us folks.

#5 | Posted by SheepleSchism at

Why? He may well take it all back tomorrow.

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2016-11-23 11:30 AM | Reply

Why? He may well take it all back tomorrow.
#6 | POSTED BY ZED

It's certainly possible. We now know Trump told the truth about one thing when he said, "I don't want anyone to know what I'm going to do".
I don't believe he cares if people think he's crazy. In fact it seems like that's exactly what he wants. so they can't ahead of him on a decision.

While I'm not a fan, I'll say this much for Trump. It's nearly impossible to tell what he's going to do. That might be a disaster, or it may pleasantly surprise.

Who knows?

#7 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2016-11-23 02:55 PM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM

I get what you're saying, but the problem as I see it is what happens the next time a candidate (whenever or whoever it may be) is able to again channel America's right-wing white nationalism to election victory, but isn't a blatant narcissist blowhard BUT IS INSTEAD a divisive and calculating ideologue who ACTUALLY believes the bigoted BS that they say?

It's not Trump that worries me, it's the millions of Trump voters who think his campaign rhetoric was just swell. I don't put nothing past anyone, even Trump (of course), but what happens when these same millions of Trump voters get to vote in a real ideologue that matches their bigoted political POV? That is what I find most troubling.

Or, as the late great George Carlin said...

George Carlin - The public sucks
www.youtube.com
[3:15]

#8 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2016-11-23 08:00 PM | Reply

Did he flip flop, or did he just evolve like obama did?

#9 | Posted by MSgt at 2016-11-24 11:57 AM | Reply

Did he flip flop, or did he just evolve like obama did?
#9 | POSTED BY MSGT AT 2016-11-24 11:57 AM | FLAG:

That depends on whether you believe in evolution or magic.

#10 | Posted by ClownShack at 2016-11-24 12:22 PM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2016-11-24 12:22 PM | FLAG: Awesome Reply Flag,I like that!

#11 | Posted by MSgt at 2016-11-24 01:44 PM | Reply