Monday, October 17, 2016

In her first comments on the scandal, Melania Trump said her husband Donald Trump was "egged on" in the 2005 tape in which he made vile boasts about his sexually predatory behavior toward women -- remarks she excused as "boy talk." "As you can see from the tape, the cameras were not on -- it was only a mic. And I wonder if they even knew that the mic was on," she said, referring to Trump and NBC's Access Hollywood host Billy Bush. "He was led on -- like, egged on -- from the host to say dirty and bad stuff." On the tape Trump said his fame lets him kiss women without obtaining consent, and he boasted he could even "grab them in the ---." Nine women have come forward since the release to say he inappropriately kissed or groped them.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Comments

Oh, thank goodness. I was worried for a minute there that he might have leadership skills. Instead he's just a gullible follower, tricked into regrettable actions by a dumbass with a microphone. What a great president he'll be.

#1 | Posted by cbob at 2016-10-17 09:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I really feel sorry for Melania Trump.

The Hellscape in which she must live is unimaginable.

#2 | Posted by REDIAL at 2016-10-17 09:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"And he was dragged into the Miss Teenage Universe's dressing room."

The Happy Hooker

#3 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-17 09:59 PM | Reply

I know why the gilded caged bird sings

#4 | Posted by truthhurts at 2016-10-17 09:59 PM | Reply

-The Happy Hooker

That's the name of a towing business not far from where I live.

#5 | Posted by eberly at 2016-10-17 10:01 PM | Reply

She obviously knows what happened to his first wife.

#6 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-17 10:03 PM | Reply

www.newyorker.com

#7 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-17 10:09 PM | Reply

And so what's your opinion on US Troops fighting in Iraq?

#8 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-17 10:28 PM | Reply

And so what's your opinion on US Troops fighting in Iraq?

#8 | POSTED BY PRO

They should form the core of the 30,000 US troops Donald is sending to rape murder and torture Syrian women and children. Then they should surrender. Because Putin and nukes and stuff.

Pronullisullilod

#9 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-17 10:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

That's what I thought.

What's Hillary's position?

#10 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-17 10:40 PM | Reply

"It's  --  you know, it's just  --  it's just we can't hit the girl. I don't care how far feminism's saying, you can't hit the girl, and you can't  --  you can't criticize the little orange man-child. You just can't do it, 'cause it's just not right. It's not fair. He's such a victim."

#11 | Posted by sentinel at 2016-10-17 10:45 PM | Reply

"And so what's your opinion on US Troops fighting in Iraq?"

I think Melania Trump should go with them to "raise" morale.

#12 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10-17 11:11 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

That was funny, Twin. :-)

#13 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-17 11:16 PM | Reply

i dont feel bad for Melania at all. If you sleep with a married man thats not your husband, you know what you're getting.

#14 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2016-10-17 11:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

"He was egged on."

Isn't that a variation of "He made me do it, Mommy."

#15 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10-17 11:17 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY ALEXANDRITE

In her case she's getting the sloppy seconds of a johnson that endured its own Viet Nam in avoiding STD's.

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-17 11:17 PM | Reply

JEFFJ

At least the ambience is a lot better than she's used to. And so is the pay.

#17 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10-17 11:28 PM | Reply

He was egged on?

Not the type of mental capacity that we want with someone with the nukular codes.

#18 | Posted by 726 at 2016-10-18 06:52 AM | Reply

Melania is learning to be quiet. More lessons are forthcoming on what happens when you buck the Clinton machine.
I hope she's mentally prepared to be called every filthy name in the book.

#19 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2016-10-18 08:00 AM | Reply

Having Melania do this interview now is another incompetent move by Trump's staggeringly inept presidential campaign. It gives the allegations by nine women (and counting) more airtime when it was starting to die down.

As for her defense that he didn't know the mic was on, when a TV crew puts a mic on you that means it's on and you can be recorded or overheard. Donald Trump knows this. He's been doing TV for years and was three seasons into The Apprentice when the bus tape incident happened.

#20 | Posted by rcade at 2016-10-18 08:06 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

He was egged on. See! He has egg all over his face...

#21 | Posted by catdog at 2016-10-18 08:30 AM | Reply

...what happens when you buck the Clinton machine.
#19 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

I know, how dare she trick Donald into saying those things that came out of his mouth.
If you're not scum, no one can make you scum.

#22 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2016-10-18 08:53 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

Yeah, that's what we need. A President who can be "egged on" to do stupid stuff. Yay!

#23 | Posted by WhoDaMan at 2016-10-18 11:13 AM | Reply

"I really feel sorry for Melania Trump."

I don't feel sorry for her at all. First she told us not to. Second after this is over she owns half of whateverThe Donald thinks he owns.

#24 | Posted by donnerboy at 2016-10-18 11:33 AM | Reply

"I hope she's mentally prepared to be called every filthy name in the book." - #19 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2016-10-18 08:00 AM

She's already said she's prepared:

"I have my young son and I have my husband. But I know how some men talk, and that's how I saw it, yes," Melanoma said

#25 | Posted by Hans at 2016-10-18 12:22 PM | Reply

"He was led on -- like, egged on -- from the host to say dirty and bad stuff."
I don't remember Michelle Obama ever saying anything like that, so that much be Melania Trumps own words.

#26 | Posted by Hans at 2016-10-18 12:24 PM | Reply

But I know how some men talk

I know how some men do drugs but I wouldn't elect any of them president

#27 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2016-10-18 01:01 PM | Reply

PHESTER

"I hope she's mentally prepared to be called every filthy name in the book."

I don't see that happening. Melania is, by contract, nothing more than arm candy to give some validity to Trump's manliness. He's an old man with you young, beautiful wife. The whole thing is designed to showcase Trump's virility.

Melania was just doing her job. She doesn't appear to be very much involved in Donald's life other than what's called for in her marriage contract.

Unless she is seen in public with two black eyes and patches of hair missing, I doubt she'll get much more than an occasional mention ~ at least not from Hillary Clinton.

#28 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10-18 01:08 PM | Reply

Stand by your man. For now, what choice do you have?

#29 | Posted by moder8 at 2016-10-18 01:11 PM | Reply

MODER8

I think you mean, what choice does SHE have?

None actually. But she's not all that important anyway.

#30 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10-18 01:30 PM | Reply

"what choice does SHE have?"

Exactly.

She is standing by her man and calling her husbands accusers liars. Isn't that interesting how that works?

And she certainly doesn't want to kill the Goose Stepper that laid the golden bankruptcy.

#31 | Posted by donnerboy at 2016-10-18 01:47 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

She could have avoided talking to the press at all. She has been inaccessible to the media since the convention plagiarism incident. It would've been easy for her not to do any interviews about her husband's alleged sexual predations.

#32 | Posted by rcade at 2016-10-18 01:52 PM | Reply

So much for the conservative (see Republican) fundamental of personal accountability.

HAHAHAHA!

Family Values? Check.
Personal Responsibility? Check.
Any other Republican principles Trump will trample?

#33 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2016-10-18 03:44 PM | Reply

Ah yes, Family Values.

www.nationalenquirer.com

#34 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-18 09:35 PM | Reply

It's something when you consider Melania was 10 when some of these events happened.

She may go to the Balkins to kill all the newborn girl babies lest one of them be his future wife and take her gold.

#35 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2016-10-19 06:46 PM | Reply