Sunday, October 16, 2016

He is preaching to the converted. He is lashing out at anyone who is not completely loyal. He is detaching himself from and delegitimizing the institutions of American political life. And he is proclaiming conspiracies everywhere -- in polls (rigged), in debate moderators (biased) and in the election itself (soon to be stolen). In the presidential campaign's home stretch, Donald Trump is fully inhabiting his own echo chamber. The Republican nominee has turned inward, increasingly isolated from the country's mainstream and leaders of his own party, and determined to rouse his most fervent supporters with dire warnings that their populist movement could fall prey to dark and collusive forces. This is a campaign right out of Breitbart, the incendiary conservative website run until recently by Stephen K. Bannon, now the Trump campaign's chief executive -- and it is an act of retaliation.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Trump's echo chamber is not altogether new. It is a more nationalistic and racially charged strain of the one most elected Republicans have inhabited for two decades. Conservative talk radio and Fox News, which rose to prominence in the late 1990s, became for party leaders a retreat and a source of power.

But in recent years this echo chamber has evolved from being an arm of the party into an unpredictable and sprawling orbit of the American right. Starting with the tea party movement in the early years of Barack Obama's presidency, fury over what activists saw as a capitulating GOP establishment created a vacuum for someone or something to take hold.

Enter Trump, who promised total disruption and whose movement has been fueled not only by talk radio and television personalities, but by a galaxy of blogs, websites and super PACs that saw money to be made and influence to be gained.

Together they fed on false theories such as challenging President Obama's birthplace in Hawaii, and the connective tissue for their working-class rage has been the threat of illegal immigration.

Obama described this world as a "swamp of crazy that has been fed over and over and over and over again."

"Donald Trump, as he's prone to do, he didn't build the building himself, but he just slapped his name on it and took credit for it," Obama said in a Thursday speech in Columbus, Ohio.

Comments

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Super Trump!

#2 | Posted by mysterytoy at 2016-10-16 08:29 PM | Reply

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Super Drumpf!

#2 | POSTED BY MYSTERYTOY

The article about what Cheeto Childmolester is taking on the GOP is elsewhere, Mystery. But you're right. It is a Super Dump.

#3 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-16 08:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Personally, I like the Wikileaks email from Clinton campaign worried about her failing health and hiding it from the public.

#4 | Posted by mysterytoy at 2016-10-16 08:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

MysterySniffles!

#5 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-16 08:47 PM | Reply

I also loved how her failing health was a conspiracy theory until they had to toss her in the back of that van like a sack of potatoes.

#6 | Posted by mysterytoy at 2016-10-16 08:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Now the Clintons are racing to Haiti like a pair of ambulance chasers. I guess they didn't make enough the last time they raped the island.

#7 | Posted by mysterytoy at 2016-10-16 08:51 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

All that crying, MS. Would you like a hanky?

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-16 09:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

All that crying, MS. Would you like a hanky?
#8 | POSTED BY CORKY

She'd be happier with a check from TrumpHQ that didn't bounce higher than TrumpTower.

#9 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-16 10:26 PM | Reply

It will be interesting when the shakes begin, rock rattle and roll and drop to the floor, but her health is great!!!

#10 | Posted by Crassus at 2016-10-16 10:31 PM | Reply

For Money:
www.youtube.com

#11 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-16 10:40 PM | Reply

They are all wrong, all of the polls! Only the LA Times is correct! That's right, they and their one black guy voting for Trump! All other polls are rigged, rigged!
--The spin machine--

#12 | Posted by e1g1 at 2016-10-16 10:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6 | Posted by mysterytoy at 2016-10-16 08:50 PM

She seemed to have no trouble kicking Sir Donald of Orange's ass around the block TWICE while he sniffled, moaned, and paced back and forth.
Yeah, that's "failing health," all right...

#13 | Posted by e1g1 at 2016-10-16 10:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I don't youtube, so if you want me to look at something find it at a credible source.

#14 | Posted by Crassus at 2016-10-16 11:27 PM | Reply

#9 | Posted by northguy3

Says one of the many (paid?) DR Hill-Shills ...

#15 | Posted by Jimbob43 at 2016-10-17 12:24 AM | Reply

MYSTERY, CRASSUS, JIMBO, et al

Trump's deal with the devil doesn't seem to working out too well. does it? ~ LOL

Any ideas how Trump & Company (Lucifer, Bannon, Putin) are going to pull this off in the next 23 days?

They all seem to be sweating bullet at the moment and the laps are counting down fast.

#16 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10-17 03:32 AM | Reply

If you believe in such things, you might say that Trump made a deal with the devil and the devil stabbed him in the back.

#17 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10-17 03:37 AM | Reply

...are going to pull this off in the next 23 days?

It's hard to believe it's only 23 days until the 2020 campaign kicks off.

#18 | Posted by REDIAL at 2016-10-17 06:35 AM | Reply | Funny: 3

REDIAL

You haven't been listening to Pence have you? - LOL

#19 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10-17 07:01 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more of the good old "Losing is the best thing that could happen to us... we'll be in perfect position for the next one" talk.

#20 | Posted by REDIAL at 2016-10-17 07:07 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Let me clear first off, I DO NOT support either running for office. It seems that each election has gotten crazier and crazier with each passing, with dirt being brought up on each running, with that said: Hillary has shown by public records to do what is best for Hillary (and Bill too for that matter) and her agenda and that agenda doesn't do anything but fill her coffers with money from foregin investors and those investors have wound up with government contracts instead of the contracts going to American companies. Hillary has shown by examining public records that she will lie if her mouth is allowed to make any noise, even the judge she worked for many years ago (I think it was the watergate deal?) stated she was nothing but a lie. Her health ( as stated by several doctors just from obseving her) and her actions state she does have some problem. Even some military generals have stated she is a security risk, and no matter what Comely said she deserves to be charged because she DID commit a crime, she meet every standard to that crime. If she did there is a former naval that needs to be released from all charges he received by just simple having the wrong papers on his personal laptop which NOBODY saw/read or even knew of them except him unlike Hillary's server getting hacked into and emails made public (which it itself is a violation).

Now for Trump, He is a businessman, they do shady deals, always have and always will that much is public knowledge. He is NOT a politican insider and part of the politican establishment which is why he is getting attacked so hard and that is understandable. But to do so at this late stage of the election process only shows (I'm not saying he did or didn't do what they say I can't answer that I wasn't there) at the lenghts others will go to make a person look bad. To be honest some of the things I have read of what he said is alot "softer" than some of the things I said when I was younger when I was around a bunch of guys drinking and partying, get over it that's fairly normal for alpha male types bragging and that's mostly what it is bragging/showing off. Did he make a pass at some or any of those girls, possible if they were of legal age I know I would have if had the chance they are very beautiful and I like females, get over it.

Do I trust him, NO but I trust Hillary even less when she has said out of her own mouth she wants a war with Russia (that's just insane and even Puthin has said as much) not only she has said in that past we need a physical barrier at out borders. How is that any different than Trump wanting a wall? A wall is silly they will just use more tunnels, what's better is a motion sensitive minefield with probes drilled deep into the ground, now that will work.

Will I vote, yes and I will make the best choice for not just me but for you too.

#21 | Posted by tomalock at 2016-10-17 10:06 AM | Reply

#21 | Posted by tomalock at 2016-10-17

Thanks, Buddy. I'm going to do the same for you.

#22 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-17 10:16 AM | Reply

#16 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10

Nothing they can do in 23. On the 24th day they'll man the barricades, saying they was robbed. Well, not Lucifer and Putin. They'll hang back and laugh and laugh at Bannon.

#23 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-17 10:18 AM | Reply

#21 | POSTED BY TOMALOCK

I see posts like this and I really want to respond back and inform people where they have fallen hook, line, and sinker for the propoganda, but I know it doesn't make any difference.

There is no evidence that her emails were hacked (confirmed by the FBI). It is possible that someone completely compromised the server and then was able to delete record of their hack, but that is a possibility for EVERY email server out there. It is impossible to prove a negative. And, her emails haven't been made public by a hacker. If they had been, we would have proof that she had been hacked.

And I could probably go through his whole post and refute it point by point, but at this point in the election people are only that ignorant if they choose to be ignorant. If he actually cared about the facts, then he would have found them already, and would not be embarrassing himself by spreading debunked lies and propaganda.

I believe that Hillary would be a good president. Not just the least bad, but a GOOD PRESIDENT. Not perfect, but as long as we are still electing human beings for that office, that will always be the case. But, of all the people who have ever run for president, she is probably in the top 10 percent. And I would be happy to debate someone on the underlying facts that lead me to that conclusion. But, I feel that I would not get a real debate in which someone will possibly present facts and viewpoints that I had not considered. Instead it would just be regurgitated propaganda, where there's smoke there must be fire accusations, accusations that she "only said it because it is what people want to hear and it's not what she believes", and a discounting of all facts as a "liberal conspiracy".

I find it frustrating because I really believe in our constitution, in our system, in our democracy. And I am really excited about us integrating the easy access to information, that the internet has provided us with in, into our political process over the next couple of generations. I feel that our system works better the more informed the populace is, and that the internet will eventually make us as a populace more informed. So, I see it as my civic duty to point out the lies and misrepresentations, to put my analyses of what I think is important out into the ether for others to find, to do my part to make our country better. (And I appreciate people who do the same for me, who point out inconsistencies and unseen biases in my arguments so that I can continue to make the best decision possible when I pull that lever)

But, sometimes it starts to feel like no one is listening. That people are happy in their ignorance, and even worse in knowingly spreading ignorance to others. It is times like that where I fear for our country, for our democracy.

#24 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2016-10-17 11:38 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

Donald Trump is a bad person. We will all be better off when he recedes into the rearview mirror.

Hillary Clinton is also a bad person. There is no good way to spin it other than the parameters of her dishonesty are well known by this point. I believe she will end up getting impeached.

#25 | Posted by moder8 at 2016-10-17 12:40 PM | Reply

I believe she will end up getting impeached.

#25 | Posted by moder8 at 2016-10-17 12

Maybe she'll get a -------?

#26 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-17 01:01 PM | Reply

I believe she will end up getting impeached.

#25 | POSTED BY MODER8

For? The GOP had 2 years of running lynch committees and failed miserably. They got Putin to hack the government and ended up with an Wiki infommercial.

Hillary is what her opponents are- a politician. Hardly a moral model for anybody, but compared to CheetoChildmolester....

And before Pronullisullitoy chime in, she's really not planning a nuclear war. Cheeto, on the other hand is planning global Appeasement Monkeyhood.

#27 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-17 02:52 PM | Reply

I believe she will end up getting impeached.

#25 | Posted by moder8

I am pretty sure the same was said of Obama a thousand times right here. How is that Waterloo coming? Someone best hurry as Obama is about to retire from the Presidency in a few months.

And inside Donald Trump's Echo Chamber I am pretty sure it looks and sounds a lot like Thunderdome.

Only in this version of Thunderdome two men will enter and a woman will leave and will then get to rule the Kingdom of Misfits who just cannot seem to get enough gas.

#28 | Posted by donnerboy at 2016-10-17 05:15 PM | Reply

As Trump calls for his rage infested base to unite in a mass revolt and go on a rampage to force Hillary out of office, I wonder if he's considered that newly elected President Hillary Clinton has a little army of her own on tap. I think it's called the National Guard.

I think losing this election will be the final straw for Donald's oh so fragile ego. Maybe he'll give us one last laugh and show up in a tri-cornered hat and claim to be Napoleon.

#29 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10-17 08:10 PM | Reply

Look on the bright side, Trump supporters. If the crooked lady gets elected and it brings about a civil war, you get what you wanted anyway. That is a yuuuge silver lining. Trump will MAGA even if he loses. Onward Christian Soldiers!

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-17 08:17 PM | Reply

SNOOFY

Once Hillary is sworn in, wouldn't that be called TREASON!

#31 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10-17 08:36 PM | Reply

Wouldn't it be something if the police end up needing all that military equipment after all, to protect us betas from Trump Force Alpha?

#32 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-17 08:40 PM | Reply

What would be more funny if Trump ended up in jail after his campaign rally cry of "LOCK HER UP."

However, I suspect Trump's "revolt" will be as big a fizzle as he is.

He's going to be too busy getting his Trump Media Empire off the ground. If he can get a license.

#33 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10-17 09:08 PM | Reply

Trump TV is going to be Trump's big revenge against all his perceived political enemies ~ pay per view, of course.

#34 | Posted by Twinpac at 2016-10-17 09:19 PM | Reply

...are going to pull this off in the next 23 days?
It's hard to believe it's only 23 days until the 2020 campaign kicks off.

#18 | POSTED BY REDIAL AT 2016-10-17 06:35 AM | REPLY | FLAG:

Just think, only 4 years until the GOP will allow a vote on a new SCOTUS.

#35 | Posted by 726 at 2016-10-18 09:02 AM | Reply

Just think, only 4 years until the GOP will allow a vote on a new SCOTUS.

#35 | Posted by 726 at 2016

You mean to say eight years.

#36 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-18 11:49 AM | Reply

Just think, only 4 years until the GOP will allow a vote on a new SCOTUS.
#35 | Posted by 726 at 2016
You mean to say eight years.
#36 | POSTED BY ZED

Probably 16 to 20 the way its going. It may be decades before they win another presidential election.

#37 | Posted by Sycophant at 2016-10-18 06:40 PM | Reply

This is what
"Donald Trump walks into 14-17 year old girls locker room"
sounds like inside the echo chamber.

#38 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-19 03:37 AM | Reply