Sunday, October 16, 2016

Hillary Clinton is ahead of Donald Trump by double digits with just over three weeks until Election Day, according to a new national NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll conducted entirely after the second presidential debate. In a four-way race, Democrat Clinton holds an 11-point lead over Republican Trump among likely voters, 48 percent to 37 percent, with Libertarian Gary Johnson at 7 percent and the Green Party's Jill Stein at 2 percent. Republican pollster Bill McInturff said Trump "is in a weaker position than in September," and that his numbers in the poll don't align with anyone who has gone on to win a presidential election.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Comments

The thing is, if there ever was a candidate that folks would lie about not supporting, it's Trump. Many people are ashamed that they agree with him and may still vote for him.

#1 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2016-10-16 09:56 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

In the privacy of the vote, many Trump supporters will come to their senses and make their mark for Hillary. I predict a blowout Hillary, like Goldwater-Johnson in 1964, or McGovern-Nixon in 1972.

#2 | Posted by john47 at 2016-10-16 10:03 AM | Reply

It's not that they are ashamed, it is they don't want to be harassed and confronted by the people who view it as hateful political decision.

From everything we see from the MSM, no one wants to be harassed for what they think.

#3 | Posted by Crassus at 2016-10-16 10:06 AM | Reply

Of course, there's always the dark horse candidate...
fivethirtyeight.com

...But if Clinton doesn't run away with this, there is another candidate who may also have seen his chances of becoming president skyrocket. The third-most likely person to be the next president of the United States: Evan McMullin.

It would take a fascinating scenario -- in which much of the technical detail of how we select presidents comes into play -- for McMullin to be sworn in as the 45th president, but the chances of its happening are slim, not none. ...

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2016-10-16 10:19 AM | Reply

In the privacy of the vote, many Clinton supporters will come to their senses and make their mark for Trump.
They will get in the booth and think of the gravity of losing the SC and the 2nd Amendment.
And pull the R lever.

#5 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2016-10-16 10:19 AM | Reply

Face Book has Trump up by 477, so there!!!

#6 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2016-10-16 10:20 AM | Reply

election.princeton.edu

lol...the orange child rapist is toast.

#7 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2016-10-16 10:23 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Either way, if it's close, it'll be ugly.

#8 | Posted by Whizzo at 2016-10-16 10:25 AM | Reply

Good. Maybe Trump will be humiliated in November. I can't conceive of anything healthier for the Republic. Maybe we'll even see fewer Kansans fantasize about murdering Somali babies in their mother's arms.

#9 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-16 10:34 AM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY CRASSUS

Poll Reveals Most Americans Don't Know They Got a Tax Cut
www.cbsnews.com

Which is worse, thinking hateful thoughts or saying hateful things?

There was an entire movement called the Tea Party that used America's undercurrent of bigotry and racism and channeled it to push misinformation and outright lies, and in doing so helped shape peoples opinions. All you have to do to see that this is true is go to youtube and look at the Tea Party rallies.

As for the media, yes, the media sucks. Why? Because they do a poor job at reporting the consequential decision making from our elected leaders. The 2003 Iraq Invasion? Most Americans were clueless as to the differences between Sunni and Shia. The 2008 Great Recession? Most Americans were clueless to what Wall Street derivatives are ... and Americans still don't fully understand these things. And then there is the fact that Obama cut taxes.

As George Carlin said, it's not the politicians who suck, it's the people.

#10 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2016-10-16 10:34 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Many people are ashamed that they agree with him and may still vote for him.

And around 15% of husbands think their wives are voting for Trump when they're voting for Hillary, according to one poll.

Losing Republican candidates always come up with reasons the Bradley effect will save them. Expecting it to happen here when Trump is so far behind is quite a stretch.

#11 | Posted by rcade at 2016-10-16 10:37 AM | Reply

And pull the R lever.

#5 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2016

NO TRUMP SIGNS IN TEXAS. Or, at least, in my four or five thousand square miles of Texas.

I don't expect to see any, now.

As far as I can tell, people have come to their senses.

#12 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-16 10:37 AM | Reply

Carlin, Brad Pitt or Oprah doesn't know a damn bit more about politics than Joe Lunchbox.

#13 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2016-10-16 10:40 AM | Reply

Hillary's campaign was so lackluster that she needed Trump to win. 30 minutes of a debate in Utah between diehard conservative Mike Lee and transgender Misty Snow had more legitimate disagreement, more substance and more public education in it than the entire US Donald-Hillary tragedy.

We get four more years of the same ol' crap. Economic decline, military adventurism and global warming (a forbidden debate).

#15 | Posted by nutcase at 2016-10-16 10:55 AM | Reply

but the election is in three weeks...

#16 | Posted by e1g1 at 2016-10-16 10:59 AM | Reply

#13 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

But rational people can understand facts, right?

Fact is that Obama cut Joe Lunchbox taxes, and look were we're at -- Joe Lunchbox is on the verge of possibly electing a billionaire reality TV star over someone who is WAY MORE qualified to be president.

If you don't like Hollywood liberals like those who you're describing, fine with me. I live in middle America far away from any of the tofu eating Hollywood types, plus I do value many conservative principles. That said, I do have a brain, and I do like to exercise it once in a while.

#17 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2016-10-16 10:59 AM | Reply

#13 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2016-10-16 10:40 AM

..said the voter of the party that promoted THIS guy:
www.youtube.com

#18 | Posted by e1g1 at 2016-10-16 11:01 AM | Reply

Hillary should be in JAIL!

#19 | Posted by Maverick at 2016-10-16 11:26 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

Closeted Trump voters??? Riiight!!! As if any Trump voter has the IQ necessary to feel embarrassment. Hilarious idea though!

#20 | Posted by danni at 2016-10-16 11:32 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

As if any Trump voter has the IQ necessary to feel embarrassment.

Nailed it - and hilarious, too!

#21 | Posted by YAV at 2016-10-16 11:36 AM | Reply

Where did sheepschizo run off to?

#22 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2016-10-16 11:55 AM | Reply

Danni,

"As if any Trump voter has the IQ necessary to feel embarrassment."

Wow.

#23 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-16 12:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#20 | Posted by danni

Very snobbish and elitist.... Ballery voater - right?

#24 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2016-10-16 12:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Many people are ashamed that they agree with him and may still vote for him."

That says a lot about him, doesn't it?

#25 | Posted by reacharound at 2016-10-16 12:44 PM | Reply

As George Carlin said, it's not the politicians who suck, it's the people.

#10 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF

I shouted out,
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all
It was you and me
(Who who, who who)

We the people create the environment that produces our culture, both good and evil. Had we more realistic expectations, we would get better candidates. But we want to be told that which we want to hear. Anything else, including the truth a lot of times, won't get a person elected.

#26 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-16 12:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

OK, it was a cheap shot. It was funny (to me), though. Part of the reason for it being funny is I've been watching the Trump signs disappearing from the front yards where I live.

I'm sure there are some logical and cogent reasons to vote for Trump. Just because I can't fathom any doesn't mean they aren't there.

#28 | Posted by YAV at 2016-10-16 12:53 PM | Reply

I'm sure there are some logical and cogent reasons to vote for Trump
#28 | POSTED BY YAV AT 2016-10-16 12:53 PM

Problem is Trump brought up a few things that should be considerable issues, that the status quo candidates don't bring up, and then went on being a retarded pedophile. There's no good reason to vote for a pedo.

#29 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-10-16 12:57 PM | Reply

Had we more realistic expectations, we would get better candidates.
#26 | CORKY

Had we the balls to say, 'These are not acceptable', we could have better. But some have an agenda, some are afraid, some accept the status quo. Once they start beating the drum the holdouts get into the lesser of two evils line, Bada Bing, Bada Boom, Same Ol', Same Ol'.

#30 | Posted by Whizzo at 2016-10-16 01:00 PM | Reply

-Had we the balls to say, 'These are not acceptable'

We do that a lot, but along ideological lines. We expect our candidates to tell us what we want to hear, not what we need to hear; like the world is really messy, as is politics. Like don't expect people, including pols to be perfect. Like you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need. We are like toddlers that way. We think everything should be the way we want it to be and it should be easy, and we don't understand when reality intervenes.

#31 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-16 01:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"Bada Boom, Same Ol', Same Ol'."

#32 | Posted by danni at 2016-10-16 01:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#31 | POSTED BY CORKY

QFT

#33 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2016-10-16 01:15 PM | Reply

Like those brown kids really were militants. No srsly.

#34 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-10-16 01:17 PM | Reply

#32 | POSTED BY DANNI

So color and gender are more important than ideology.
Got it.

#35 | Posted by Whizzo at 2016-10-16 01:22 PM | Reply

Where did sheepschizo run off to?

#22 | POSTED BY REINHEITSGEBOT

He's polishing BOAZ' bayonets in the bowels of BOAZ'"Fortress of Solitude and Pretty Feet" because Hillary and nuclear war and stuff.

###

As history has shown, 80-90% of 3rd party supporters ditch their supposed choice once they get to the voting booth. Libertarian supporters split about 50-50 on Hillary and Donald, but Steiners won't vote for Cheeto Childmolester,so there's that to consider.

#36 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-16 01:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Economic decline, military adventurism and global warming (a forbidden debate).

#15 | POSTED BY NUTCASE A

There's no such thing as Global warming, Deficits don't matter and 30,000 US troops killing and torturing women and children in Syria makes America Great Again. Vote Drumpf!

#37 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-16 01:25 PM | Reply

Closeted Drumpf voters???

Maybe he was referring to their sexual preferences, not their political positions. Watch the videos, there's a lot of guys looking for an alpha male to be their masters and they do love stroking their "guns" while he rants.

I think Cheeto Childmolester missed a golden opportunity to market "Trumptissues" and "hand lotion".

#38 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-16 01:31 PM | Reply

#31 | CORKY

The 'reality' is that we have been conditioned to think that way by our government. We are like the munchkins in the Wizard of Oz. "Something scared me, let's run to the government for the answer. The government will know what to do."
Our politicians line their pockets while we wait to be told what to think.

#39 | Posted by Whizzo at 2016-10-16 01:34 PM | Reply

"So color and gender are more important than ideology."

That's not what I said, you are putting words in my mouth and you know it.

#40 | Posted by danni at 2016-10-16 01:35 PM | Reply

-Barrack Obama was our first black President. Hillary Clinton will be our first woman President. Neither could actually be called "Same Ol', Same Ol'.

And don't forget, Tim Kaine will be our first genderless Vice President.

#41 | Posted by nullifidian at 2016-10-16 01:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

The only ones I can think of are a. he's not Hillary and b. he's an "outsider".

When you weigh those against the rest of Trump, however, they no longer appear logical or cogent.

#42 | Posted by jpw at 2016-10-16 01:45 PM | Reply

There NEVER has been a Trump lead against Clinton. Even Utah is up for grabs, evidenced by Hillary spending money on ads in Utah, a state Wussies usually write off. Its a secret the mass media does not like. All that matters to them is their election cash windfall, which strongly refers a horserace.

#43 | Posted by nutcase at 2016-10-16 01:52 PM | Reply

i live in southeast kansas...in brownbacks' home town no less, and as much as they hate the black man they're even more vocal in their
opinion that clinton will be the end of the country. she's corrupt...she's gonna' take their guns...and then there is just plain old "SHE". the
bible tells you all you need to know about that sorta' thing. Jerzy Kosiński could use linn county as a setting for one of his novels.

#44 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2016-10-16 02:06 PM | Reply

That's not what I said, you are putting words in my mouth and you know it.
#40 | DANNI

My comment was addressed to Corky's assertion that we want politicians that tell us what we want to hear, not what we need to hear.
You surely must know that my comment did not mean 'another white guy', but you brought up race and gender as change. As I said, 'Some have an agenda'.
I can think of black and female candidates that I would vote for. Hillary doesn't make the cut.

#45 | Posted by Whizzo at 2016-10-16 02:15 PM | Reply

- The 'reality' is that we have been conditioned to think that way by our government.

You prolly think about everyone but you... which sorta proves the point.

- Hillary doesn't make the cut.

Sanders, Warren, Chomsky, none of them too liberal or too smug to vote for Clinton.

#46 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-16 04:59 PM | Reply

@ #46
You prolly think about everyone but you... which sorta proves the point.

Your assertion that I probably think something proves nothing.

None of which are casting my vote.

#47 | Posted by Whizzo at 2016-10-16 06:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I thought you might actually tell us what you thought.

No, but, like them your civic responsibility is to vote in such a way as is best for your country... no the way that makes you feel good, but could help the least good choice for the country, whatever side you are on.

#48 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-16 06:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#48 | CORKY
I thought you might actually tell us what you thought.

I have told you what I think. You keep assigning thoughts from your viewpoint to me and then asking if that is what I meant.

#48 | CORKY

My vote will be what I consider to be best for the country, my feelings are not involved. I have in the past voted for candidates that I personally disliked, but that I thought were the best choice the job.
The problem I have is that Hillary supporters, when I say I won't vote for her, insist that my viewpoint is flawed. Unless I see her as the least reprehensible candidate, then I am wrong.
Election discussions, indeed, most of the threads on this site are conducted as the Blind Men and Elephant story. I'm sure you're familiar with it. This is a poem version.
www.noogenesis.com
So while you call me blind my friend, I think you are too.

#49 | Posted by Whizzo at 2016-10-16 09:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

- Unless I see her as the least reprehensible candidate

If you don't you are blind. The only other candidate that can win is Trump. And if you see him as better for the country than her, then you are just plain wrong. Or sulking.

- So while you call me blind my friend

A nod is as good as a blink to a blind horse, my friend.

#50 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-16 09:20 PM | Reply

Not partisan at all are we!

You're wrong, classified and secret failures should invalidate her from ever reaching office ever again.

#51 | Posted by Crassus at 2016-10-16 09:27 PM | Reply

Thank you reverse barometer for proving my point once again. It's still an unpaid job for you, though.

#52 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-16 09:33 PM | Reply

If pedo-Drumpf loses and fades into obscurity, NG3 will have to find new spank material.

Reason: Abusive

POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE

No worries, I've still got all your mom's sexts.

#53 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-17 11:19 AM | Reply | Funny: 1