Saturday, October 15, 2016
Hillary Clinton believes she has that plan for America. With that being said, we're going to take a just-the-facts look at 10 ways Hillary Clinton could grow the U.S. economy if elected.
1. Simplify and cut small business taxes
3. Major investments in transportation and energy infrastructure
4. "Make it in America" investments Investments in the U.S. manufacturing industry also come front-and-center for Hillary Clinton. She's emphasizing a $10 billion investment, known as "Make it in America," on her campaign website that'll bring workers, corporations, universities, and government together to keep jobs, profits, and products in America.
5. Emphasize childhood education funding Fifth, Clinton plans to make large investments in education. Clinton would make preschool universal for all four-year-olds, she'd double investment in the Early Head Start and Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership, and she'd create the Respect and Increased Salaries for Childhood Educators (RAISE) initiative in an effort to increase pay for early educators and child care providers.
9. Boost Social Security benefits for select retirees Clinton's Social Security reforms call for wealthier individuals to pay more into the program (which she would accomplish by lifting the payroll tax earning cap), while simultaneously boosting Social Security benefits for lower-income and disadvantaged persons.
10. Financial system reforms Finally, Clinton's financial system reforms are expected to put the U.S. economy on more solid footing. Some of Clinton's proposals include a risk fee on the nation's largest financial institutions, the closure of the Volcker Rule loophole that allows banks to invest billions of taxpayer-backed dollars into hedge funds, and imposing a tax on high-frequency trading which can destabilize the stock market. Clinton believes these changes will stabilize the financial market and better prepare it for future recessionary shocks.
More on each at the link...
Admin's note: Participants in this discussion must follow the site's moderation policy. Profanity will be filtered. Abusive conduct is not allowed.