Sunday, October 16, 2016

Marlee Matlin, an actor who is deaf, said she was "deeply" upset by reports that Donald Trump repeatedly called her "retarded" when she appeared on the Celebrity Apprentice. "The term is abhorrent and should never be used. The fact that we are talking about this during a very important moment in American history has upset me deeply," Matlin said in a statement on Friday. Three staffers on the reality TV show, who requested anonymity due to non-disclosure agreements, told the Daily Beast that Trump often treated Matlin with disrespect and called her "retarded," both behind her back and in front of her.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

From Daily Beast: "[Trump] would make fun of her voice. It actually sounded a lot like what he did [to] the New York Times guy," another person who worked on The Apprentice for years told The Daily Beast, referring to when Trump mocked a disabled reporter last year. The source said this incident occurred outside the boardroom, during a break from filming. "Like, to make it seem like she was mentally not there? [It] sounded like he got a real kick out of it. It was really upsetting."

Comments

I am a friend of the deaf and I am quite disappointed if this is true. I have been signing for 40 years. I've met Heather Whitestone who was Miss America in 1995 and is deaf. You do not refer to the deaf as dumb and most certainly not retarded. They are simply deaf or HOH.

Now....this is what is concerning me about Trump.

Obviously he has the same problem I have seen other men who are powerful and have the resources to pretty well not give a crap about anyone's opinions. They may think highly of themselves and make fun of people.

We've all seen it all our lives in other people and some are just sickeningly putrid.

That being said....we are very possibly going to be facing a serious threat of war in the coming next few years.

Obviously, Obama has not been able to deter this threat and in fact I am 100% convinced his policies have worsened things exponentially.

So....who would I rather see in office if things get worse.

Or do I want someone in the White House is a no nonsense -------.

hmmm.......Let me think about it.

Oh No!! I can't vote for Trump because he's a mean man and called my deaf friends retarded.

This is not good times we are facing and frankly I'd rather have someone like Trump in the White House instead of...well...Hillary.

#1 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-14 08:18 PM | Reply

Or do I want someone in the White House is a no nonsense -------.

Trump is an all nonsense -------. It's crazy to think he'll bring this country anything but drama and disaster.

#2 | Posted by rcade at 2016-10-14 08:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 7

Trump wants 30k troops in the ME and keeps asking generals why he can't use nukes there.

I guess you think this is a plan for, "facing a serious threat of war in the coming next few years."

It sounds a lot more like a provocation.

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-14 08:35 PM | Reply

#1 - Trump's solution for global warming: Nuclear Winter.

#4 | Posted by YAV at 2016-10-14 08:37 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

Rcade,

I'm afraid we're headed in that direction like it or not.

Do we want someone who will continue Obama's failing misguided policies?

I don't.

Granted...Trump is a wildcard.

And we pretty well know exactly what we're getting with Hillary.

She's owned.

#5 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-14 08:37 PM | Reply

What threat of war? The US is the country that likes to threaten war. No country in their right mind is going to attack the US. Obama has reduced the threat of a nuclear Iran and implemented sanctions against Russia.
Trump has undermined NATO,nuclear nonproliferation, threatened civilians and demonstrated how clueless he is.

#6 | Posted by bored at 2016-10-14 08:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

Yav,

"Trump's solution for global warming: Nuclear Winter."

Isn't that fear mongering.

I really doubt he'd actually push the button.

It's pretty well suicide.

#7 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-14 08:39 PM | Reply

Missileers concern about Trump: www.airforcetimes.com

#8 | Posted by YAV at 2016-10-14 08:40 PM | Reply

Granted...Trump is a wildcard.

Meaning what, in your mind?

#9 | Posted by REDIAL at 2016-10-14 08:41 PM | Reply

Bored,

"No country in their right mind is going to attack the US."

I have no illusion I am remotely qualified to speak with any authority on the subject.

I am a layman who reads the news and commentary just like other people.

This does seem to be very uncertain times ahead.

The economy, global natural resources, religion and let's not forget politics.

Things are certainly going to be get worse before they get better.

Look how much as happened the last 8 years.

What will happen the next 8 years around the world and what impact will it all have on the US and our allies?

That's about the extent of my opinion on the subject but my gut feeling is we need someone a bit more assertive and not so beholden.

#10 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-14 08:49 PM | Reply

Redial,

"Meaning what, in your mind?"

Well....Trump certainly doesn't seem to be a friend of the GOP and wasn't long before all the trouble with the tapes.

He's where he is only because people have put him there.

How often does one of those come along?

Hillary is a politician who has been groomed and polished for decades.

#11 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-14 08:57 PM | Reply

Do we want someone who will continue Obama's failing misguided policies?
I don't.

You mean job creation? Reducing the deficit? Major peace deals? Healthcare for Americans? Yeah, who likes those icky things?

Let's get back to the good policies -normalizing the KKK, tens of thousands of America troops in Syria, nuking people who we disagree with, propping up dictators,torturing women and children and blowing up the National Debt-that Donald promises.

#12 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-14 09:04 PM | Reply

I really doubt he'd actually push the button.
It's pretty well suicide.
#7 | POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON

If some backwoods third world dictator like Little kim dissed him,he very well might. After all, he never loses. Millions of others maybe, but they aren't any concern to him.

#13 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-14 09:07 PM | Reply

North,

I guess if he really did all those things but I have to suspect it's mostly in name and not withstanding the real world.

#14 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-14 09:27 PM | Reply

Is she deaf or retarded?

it's so hard to tell sometimes,

Hollywood and all...

I'm partially deaf due to my chemotherapy. It is a struggle I do not wish on anyone. I can hear, it's like walking around with earplugs on, but I have lost 3 octaves of sound entirely and my ears constantly ring, or chime, or click, or.

But I can hear my beautiful wives voice and my two sons voices, and I am alive.

So, I'll take that,

With a smile on my face and love in my heart.

I'm lucky...

#15 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-14 09:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

She's retarded but she's not voting for Cheeto Childmolester? I think trump needs to get to the bottom of this plot.

#16 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-14 09:39 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Even setting aside all the accusations of sexual assault, Mr. Trump is a nasty piece of work.

#17 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-10-14 10:08 PM | Reply

Gal,

Considering I voted for Bill Clinton, back during the 90's I always thought the republicans were just smearing his name and all the stuff I heard was fabricated or exaggerated.

Now...I'm wondering just what is the truth.

Trump is a "nasty piece of work" because it's obvious and easily pointed out.

#18 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-14 11:01 PM | Reply

Perhaps partially as the result of Bill Clinton's womanizing, that type of behavior is somewhat less tolerated among politicians today.

#19 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-14 11:13 PM | Reply

#19 Clinton's and Gingrich's and Livingston's. Not to mention Hastert's pedophilia.

All three Speakers of the House involved with the impeachment of President Clinton later had sex scandals of their own.

www.snopes.com

The Irony and the Awfulness

talkingpointsmemo.com

#20 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-10-14 11:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Unless Trump himself had been elected Speaker, a more compromised, sanctimonious cast of characters you could not find:

What We Now Know About The Men Who Led The Impeachment Of Clinton

thinkprogress.org

#21 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-10-14 11:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

At least he didn't call her deplorable. That would have been really mean.

#22 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-15 09:00 AM | Reply

Gal,

I'm afraid all this is a distraction.

We're missing the big picture...but then that's the whole point isn't it?

CNN is talking nonstop about Trump's tape.

#23 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-15 09:40 AM | Reply

#22 Yeah, at least he didn't call her a sulfur smelling demon. That would have been really deplorable. Calling Trump followers like Alex Jones deplorable nails it as far as I'm concerned.

#24 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-10-15 11:07 AM | Reply

Gal,

"sulfur smelling demon"

Don't be silly.

She doesn't need sulfur.

#25 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-15 11:54 AM | Reply

at least he didn't call her a sulfur smelling demon.

-Alex Jones floated the notion this week that Hillary Clinton is actually a demon, and 40% of Trump voters say that they really do think Clinton is a demon to only 42% who dismiss that idea.

www.publicpolicypolling.com

#26 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2016-10-15 12:27 PM | Reply

"40% of the execrables believe that Hillary is an actual demon. How pathetic is that?"

Okay, so Hillary was off by 10% when she talked about Trump's basket of deplorables. But maybe she shouldn't have used the word deplorable. Maybe she should have said deranged.

#27 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-10-15 01:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Americans have got to be some of the stupidest people in the modern world.

#28 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-15 02:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#1 | Posted by BillJohnson at 20

Yes, BILL. You'd prefer to see a vindictive bag of hammers as president. That's the way wars are won.

#29 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-16 09:43 AM | Reply

Zed,

"That's the way wars are won."

I certainly don't believe I have adequate knowledge about warfare and the current state of affairs of the world to offer a real suggestion to deal with the growing threat to world peace that we're reading about in the news from multiple countries.

However, I really doubt you do either.

That being said, stepping back looking at the big picture as far as I can see I would much rather have someone in office who seems to at least understand and openly discuss these threats.

I haven't heard that sort of talk yet from Democrats that satisfies me and they seem to be in denial (or at least act like they are for some reason and that concerns me too).

One of the problems with politics is everyone blames someone else for their own mistakes or uses distractions like is being done now with Trump.

I certainly don't believe we're going to get anywhere by sticking our fingers in our ears and saying "la la la la...I can't hear you....Trump tape...Trump tape...Trump tape"

That's how I see Democrats right now.

I sure hope the last debate gets off of attacking personalities (and who has the dirtiest underwear) and shows me who has a plan to help the Middle Class (instead of treating the Middle Class as expendable) and can improve international relations without sacrificing our own people.

#30 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-16 11:20 AM | Reply

However, I really doubt you do either (have an understanding of war).

#30 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-16

Actually, I have an expertise on one small area related to warfare. Accept that or not. But, you're right. A strategist and tactician I'm not.

My comment was to Donald Trum being a vindictive bag of hammers. That is, he is a dull and uninformed man who is not in control of his worst emotions.

I'll stand by that. In fact, I challenge you to refute it.

#31 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-16 11:49 AM | Reply

"Donald Trum"

Rhymes with "scum".

I'll stand by that, too.

#32 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-16 11:51 AM | Reply

Zed,

I believe like most people he can control his emotions and mouth when he wants to (or needs to).

As far as Trump being uninformed, people do learn and good leaders surround themselves with people who are experts.

Come on now...how experienced and well informed was Obama when he went into office?

Trump is the republican candidate and like I said I am voting republican come hell or high water.

He hasn't done anything to disqualify himself as far as I'm concerned.

For me, I think we need a Republican in the White House instead of a Democrat.

I see it more that way than Trump vs Hillary.

The Clintons are certainly driven and well backed...I'll say that for them.

#33 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-16 12:13 PM | Reply

Just because Matlin is deaf does not mean she can't act retarded. To believe so would be to condone discrimination. Deaf people have the right to be judged as intelligent or ignorant just like everyone else.

But honestly, your going to have to show more more evidence than a couple of statements from some anonymous lackys on a 3rd rate TV show for me to have any faith that it even happend.

#34 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2016-10-16 12:26 PM | Reply

@#23 CNN is talking nonstop about Trump's tape.

It has been said here many times that no one watches CNN anymore.

But regardless...

Even before the tape surfaced Mr Trump had been reluctant to talk about policy, stating that he preferred to keep his rallies more entertaining than informative. One of the reasons he gave for being entertaining was that he got more press coverage when he was entertaining

Of course, now that Mr Trump's press coverage is no longer free mostly-pro-political ads in his favor (as they were for a significant portion of his campaign), he has ratcheted up the criticism of our free press.

It is the same way with the polls. When they show him doing well, Mr Trump loves the polls. When they show him not doing well, "the system is rigged."

Mr Trump requires unwavering adulation, when he does not receive it, he lashes out, blaming everyone but himself for his problems.

#35 | Posted by LampLighter at 2016-10-16 12:30 PM | Reply

Just because Matlin is deaf does not mean she can't act retarded.

In that case, you and Matlin have a lot in common, and I don't mean your hearing.

#36 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-16 01:11 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#33 | Posted by BillJohnson at

Well then, Bill. I hope you enjoy Hell.

#37 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-16 01:46 PM | Reply

I believe like most people he (Trump) can control his emotions and mouth when he wants to (or needs to).

#33 | Posted by BillJohnson at 201

I believe like some people he is a match in search of a can of gasoline.

#38 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-16 01:48 PM | Reply

BILL----People tell you who they are. Trump's been rubbing your nose in it. I feel sorry for your lack of personal pride, among other things.

#39 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-16 01:50 PM | Reply

For me, I think we need a Republican in the White House instead of a Democrat.

#40 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-16 02:20 PM | Reply

Snoofy,

"Clinton, while being a Democrat, is much closer to being a Republican than Trump is."

Impressive....

CNN might want to use that one.

#41 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-16 03:17 PM | Reply

Zed,

"I feel sorry for your lack of personal pride, among other things."

I don't like tacky little nasty angry people who run around just insulting people.

You are on my list of people I'll never respond to.

Don't waste your time posting anything to me.

#42 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-16 03:31 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

#42 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-16 03:31 PM | Reply | Flag:
| Newsworthy 1

And yet you will vote for Trump? Without insults, that man would be unable to speak.

#43 | Posted by cbob at 2016-10-16 04:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#43 - I think what Bill's saying is he hates those little people but LOVES "tacky (big) nasty angry people who run around just insulting people."

I'm torn on "newsworthy" or "funny" on #43 -

#44 | Posted by YAV at 2016-10-16 05:01 PM | Reply

Bill, you are crazy! Drumpf would do as president as he has done as a candidate, surround himself with fawning acolytes. Do you think if he had surrounded himself with quality campaign people he would be in a flaming tailspin? They would have demanded a sincere apology to the groping, and it would have gone away. Drumpf is the personality type that cannot be challenged (hence 3 AM tweeting about any negative comment made toward him), so he always has to be the smartest man in the room. Since we know he is a idiot, he surrounds himself with Ghouliani (who obviously has lost his mind), Christy (who very well could be heading to prison), Lewendowski (good for assaulting women), and a plethora of talking heads so incredibly stupid and full of lies they are better watched on mute.

You have to be joking about him learning the job. He has been running for president for over a year and yet seems still to have no idea how the government works. He appears to think he is running for dictator instead of president. He is incurious, and too lazy to change that.

You think Drumpf, who has close ties to Russia will be tougher than Hillary? You sir are a joke. She knows what's happening in the world, where the levers of power are, and she has world leaders on speed dial. I doubt Drumpf could name more than five countries in the world (we know he knows Russia, China and Mexico). He thinks Brussels is a country.

We live in a stupid country, where people are idolized not for their talents, accomplishments or smarts, but simply for being rich and famous (Drumpf, Kardashian, Hilton). Republicans will back a sexual predator, a psychopath with obvious narcissistic personality disorder. They will do this because they believe in party over country. Drumpf has offered no plausible policies aside from massive tax cuts for the rich and waaaalllllll. The rest is just guarantees that "trust me it will be beautiful."

This country is swirling the bowl. I hope to hell that Drumpf is presiding over the permanent destruction of the GOP. I hope they split down their obvious lines, a White Power party for the Drumpf/Bannon types and a reasonable conservative party for others. Only Dems can save this nation.

#45 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2016-10-16 07:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Gun,

"Only Dems can save this nation."

Who is going to save us from the Dems?

I don't believe either major party has all the answers or can do it alone.

I suspect you know that too.

The 2 party system provides checks and balances for 2 extreme viewpoints.

This particular election I want to see a republican in office.

Trump just happens to be the name next to the lever and I do like some of the things he has said.

I've read some well written analysis of both Trump and Hillary's ideas.

Yea...Trump sounds pretty scary.

But so does Hillary.

Hillary at the last debate said she "promises not to raise taxes on the Middle Class".

ummm.....how about lowering taxes on the Middle Class?

#46 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-16 07:29 PM | Reply

Gun,

Or to put it another way.

I do not want to see Hillary Clinton have a chance to nominate 2 or 3 justices to the Supreme Court.

#47 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2016-10-16 07:39 PM | Reply

CNN is talking nonstop about Trump's tape.

#23 | Posted by BillJohnson

The media couldn't stop putting Trump on the air the first half of his election. They glowed about him.

Trump decided to only be interviewed by Fox News.

The rest is all of his own making. For instance, if he hadn't lied about never having done the things he boasted about on tape, these women wouldn't have spoken up. They all spoke up after his denial at the 2nd debate.

#48 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2016-10-16 08:08 PM | Reply

Only Dems can save this nation.
#45 | POSTED BY _GUNSLINGER_ AT 2016-10-16 07:04 PM | FLAG:

I agree with most of your post, but no party is infallible. I happen to think the Democrat running for my local legislative district is a dork, so I might vote Republican in that race.

But there's no way in hell I will vote for Trump, who lacks the minimal temperament, intelligence and experience required to be president.

#49 | Posted by cbob at 2016-10-16 08:44 PM | Reply

"CNN is talking nonstop about Trump's tape." - #23 | Posted by BillJohnson

CNN's Wolf Blitzer replays Clinton ‘stumbling' clip 40 times in 10 minutes
Oops.

#50 | Posted by Hans at 2016-10-16 09:45 PM | Reply

Did you know CNN's talking heads for Trump are actually CNN employees?

How is this entire election not manufactured news at this point?

#51 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-16 09:49 PM | Reply

That's how one knuckles under, like a pro.

#52 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-10-16 10:29 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Bill, middle class taxes are as low as they were during the Bush years. They are lower than in pretty much any other Western democracy. Government costs money. The military, infrastructure, federal policing, etc. don't grow on trees. You right wingers have been blistering the President about the debt from day one. Now you want a tax cut? So you'll vote for a mentally ill con man who promises to blow a five trillion dollar hole in the national debt? That's simply crazy.

You are a lost cause. All I can say is take Drumpf's advice and get out to vote November 28th.

#53 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2016-10-17 09:57 AM | Reply | Funny: 4

I've grown weary of asking myself, 'what is his problem?'.

#54 | Posted by moder8 at 2016-10-17 12:43 PM | Reply

I saw her on a CC Roast.
This may be the 2nd thing he has correctly stated. The other is that Hillary is crooked.

#55 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2016-10-17 01:51 PM | Reply

Be the first Liberal on your block!

See a man admit that he and his other operatives have been committing egregious crimes for Hillary and have been for a long time. It's over, folks:

www.youtube.com

#56 | Posted by ducandy at 2016-10-17 02:43 PM | Reply

#56 | Posted by ducandy at 2016

Donald Trump will not be president.

If you're one of the workers at Donald's bunker, then I suggest you do the following:

1) Hide the cyanide

2) Hide the Luger

3) Don't buy him any cute German shepherd dogs between now and the election

If you don't get any of the above, I am not surprised at all.

#57 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-17 04:32 PM | Reply

Typical Hillary voter above

Proceed with caution...

#58 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-17 04:41 PM | Reply

#56 | Posted by ducandy

Oh, I forgot. If you indeed work in Donald's bunker, then for the love of Mike make sure he pays you upfront.

#59 | Posted by Zed at 2016-10-17 04:52 PM | Reply

"Another Democrat who thinks if we are nice to our enemies they'll come to their senses and realize, "golly gee...we can all just get along if we stop saying mean things and hurting each other's feelings".
#1 | Posted by BillJohnson"

Lol. Anti-Hillarys come in two flavors: one thinks she is a war-monger who is going to set the world aflame. The other thinks she is going to play nice-nice with our enemies.

Of course, neither extreme is accurate.

#60 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2016-10-17 07:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Trump Called Marlee Matlin 'Retarded'

youtu.be