Thursday, October 13, 2016

Natasha Stoynoff: In the early 2000s, I was assigned the Trump beat for People magazine. For years I reported on all things Donald. I tracked his hit show The Apprentice, attended his wedding to Melania Knauss and roamed the halls of his lavish Trump Tower abode. Melania was kind and sweet during our many chats, and Donald was as bombastic and entertaining as you would expect. We had a very friendly, professional relationship. Then, in December 2005, around the time Trump had his now infamous conversation with Billy Bush, I traveled to Mar-a-Lago to interview the couple for a first-wedding-anniversary feature story. I interviewed them about how happy their first year of marriage had been. When we took a break for the then-very-pregnant Melania to go upstairs and change wardrobe for more photos, Donald wanted to show me around the mansion. There was one "tremendous" room in particular, he said, that I just had to see.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

We walked into that room alone, and Trump shut the door behind us. I turned around, and within seconds he was pushing me against the wall and forcing his tongue down my throat. Now, I'm a tall, strapping girl who grew up wrestling two giant brothers. I even once sparred with Mike Tyson. It takes a lot to push me. But Trump is much bigger -- a looming figure -- and he was fast, taking me by surprise and throwing me off balance. I was stunned. And I was grateful when Trump's longtime butler burst into the room a minute later, as I tried to unpin myself. The butler informed us that Melania would be down momentarily, and it was time to resume the interview. I was still in shock and remained speechless as we both followed him to an outdoor patio overlooking the grounds. In those few minutes alone with Trump, my self-esteem crashed to zero. How could the actions of one man make me feel so utterly violated?

Comments

I tried to act normal. I had a job to do, and I was determined to do it. I sat in a chair that faced Trump, who waited for his wife on a loveseat. The butler left us, and I fumbled with my tape recorder. Trump smiled and leaned forward.

"You know we're going to have an affair, don't you?" he declared, in the same confident tone he uses when he says he's going to make America great again. "Have you ever been to Peter Luger's for steaks? I'll take you. We're going to have an affair, I'm telling you." He also referenced the infamous cover of the New York Post during his affair with Marla Maples.

"You remember," he said. "‘Best Sex I Ever Had.' "

Melania walked in just then, serene and glowing. Donald instantly reverted back to doting husband mode, as if nothing had happened, and we continued our interview about their wedded bliss. I nodded at his hollow words and smiled at his jokes, but I was nauseated. It didn't seem to register to him in the slightest that what he'd done might have hurt or offended me, or his wife.

An hour later, I was back at my hotel. My shock began to wear off and was replaced by anger. I kept thinking, Why didn't I slug him? Why couldn't I say anything?

This is a serial predator folks and the stories are only going to keep coming about how Donald made it his business to try and dominate woman he perceived as weaker than himself and powerless to do anything about it and knowing better than to say anything about what he'd done.

#1 | Posted by tonyroma at 2016-10-13 01:17 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Sunday's declaration he never actually groped or forced himself on women broke the dam.

Another Miss USA contestant (different one than already spoken) will be on the Today Show in the morning telling her story of Trump's unwanted advances at Mar-A-Largo a couple years ago.

#2 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2016-10-13 01:29 AM | Reply

Trump is a sociopath. Plain and simple.

#3 | Posted by 726 at 2016-10-13 07:49 AM | Reply

With so many accusers and Trump's own comments on the bus about how he aggressively moves on women without obtaining consent, I don't see how anyone can believe his denials. He's a serial skeeve. He thinks its his right to kiss and grope women before seeking consent, and he's counted on their silence because he's rich and famous.

A man like Trump would have no trouble finding willing partners, even when he's married. When guys like that prey on women anyway, it suggests to me that part of the appeal to them is the lack of consent. They like forcing kisses and gropes (or worse) on women and getting away with it. It's sick, criminal behavior.

#4 | Posted by rcade at 2016-10-13 09:57 AM | Reply

Nostradamus, "You are going to overplay this"

#5 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2016-10-13 10:06 AM | Reply

Nostradamus, "You are going to overplay this"
#5 | POSTED BY TONTONMACOUTE AT 2016-10-13 10:06 AM

How does one "overplay" a nonstop flood of sexual assault allegations?

#6 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-10-13 10:30 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

How does one "overplay" a nonstop flood of sexual assault allegations?

#6 | POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE

Ask the master, Bill Clinton (circa 1998-99).

#7 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2016-10-13 10:33 AM | Reply

Lol. In no way was I defending Clinton, but nice deflection anyway.

What is it with the persistent theme, on both sides, that you can't criticize one without defending the other?

#8 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2016-10-13 10:39 AM | Reply

Nostradamus, "You are going to overplay this"

Overplay the truth? Overplay Trump's own admissions recorded with Billy Bush and Howard Stern? Overplay the fact that he was and remains an unrepentant serial abuser of women, groping and taking physical liberties with them without their consent?

There is nothing to overplay here. These are people's lives and stories that are only coming out because of Trump's revelations and more importantly his lying denial of having done what he bragged about himself.

The only overplaying is the victim blaming and Clinton shifting the cancerous Trump support team is releasing throughout the media. Anyone that believes Trump's denials now over what Trump himself brazenly said that he does to unsuspecting women without any coercion whatsoever has no credibility. Trump overplayed himself and now he's trying to bully his way through the mounting number of women just like he did when their encounters took place except now there is one difference: It's a gang assault, not just Donald anymore.

#9 | Posted by tonyroma at 2016-10-13 10:42 AM | Reply

I didn't accuse you of defending Clinton, nor is it my attempt to deflect. What I was trying to imply is that the shriller the attacks on Clinton during those years, the stronger he became. Which also led to his wife receiving the sympathy vote for US Senate in NY.

#10 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2016-10-13 10:47 AM | Reply

I mean who would of expected this?

The latest Rasmussen Reports White House Watch national telephone and online survey shows Trump with 43% support among Likely U.S. Voters to Clinton's 41%.

Yes, yes, I know you can cherry pick polls, but still who would of guessed that it's still a race?

#11 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2016-10-13 10:52 AM | Reply

You are going to beat up and attack Trump so much that he will get sympathy and his wife will then run for the US Senate from NY.

#12 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2016-10-13 10:54 AM | Reply

And one more point that is being largely ignored: All of these women who have come forward and spoken about their encounters with Trump were in the act of doing their own jobs when these lecherous acts allegedly took place. He preyed on them when they were at their most vulnerable. How would any employer respond if confronted by an employee claiming that Donald Trump had tried to take physical advantage of them, particularly with widespread knowledge of his proclivity to attack anything negative about himself, his businesses or his brand? Don't you think these women understood this and that this knowledge affected their decisions to keep this information to themselves or close friends and family?

Is there any doubt why they're remained publicly quiet up until now? Of course not. All of these women aren't just speaking up to support Hillary, it's much larger than that. One former contestant that Trump says he doesn't remember meeting has multiple photos of just the two of them from the pageant and states that her father witnessed Trump kissing the then -------- on the lips when they first met. She states she doesn't want her own daughter to have to deal with men like Trump who self-admittedly ignore the normal bounds of civil interaction and common decency. The stories are only going to continue, and they all fit the very pattern of behavior that Trump repeatedly admitted to in his own voice in front of Billy Bush and on Howard Stern's radio show.

To believe Trump today, one has to believe: 1 - Trump was lying when he described his behavior to both Bush and Stern; 2 - Trump is telling the truth now that he's never actually done the things he openly admitted to doing; 3 - All of these heretofore unknown women are liars and what they say happened never actually did.

#13 | Posted by tonyroma at 2016-10-13 11:00 AM | Reply

4 | Posted by rcade, I remember a few months ago another female "journalist" claimed to have been "brutalized" a charge that had some traction till the films of the event were found. Early 2000s? How about some specifics? If it actually happened, mixed, misunderstood signals? Was a Slick Willy style assault? Or did he stop when told to do so? There is a smell emanating from the Hildabeast camp, it smells like fear. Her campaign events are embarrassingly small. The scandals are not going away, hanging like a sword of Damocles over her head. The internal poles that no one sees except the inner circle might be why. Attacking from a possession of weakness is never a good ideal. Everyone knew that Bill was a dog's dog. Now we are reminded of that fact every day. Not only a sex fiend but an out and out rapist. And he has HRC to thank for keeping his victims in line, quite, scared, or distorted.

#14 | Posted by docnjo at 2016-10-13 11:02 AM | Reply

And if so meet with the same fate as Caroline Kennedy. Unless she plagiarizes more of Michelle for her stump speeches. ;-)

#15 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-10-13 11:09 AM | Reply

"Which also led to his wife receiving the sympathy vote for US Senate in NY."

Do you remember who she was running against in 2000? Of course you don't. Here's a hint, it wasn't the guy who dropped out of the race due to a cancer diagnosis and has never bothered to run for office again after being given a clean bill of health. I've mentioned this a couple times but I suppose its worth repeating now: I voted for Clinton in 2000, not because of sympathy, but because she was uniquely suited to enter the Senate as much more than just the junior Senator from NY. She already had long term relationships with the majority of political figures in DC and was much more likely to be able to successfully represent NY.

#16 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2016-10-13 11:21 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Another one:

OCTOBER 13, 2016, 10:47 AM EDT

A former Miss USA contestant who competed in the pageant in 2001, told The Guardian that Donald Trump barged into her dressing room while she and another woman were changing despite an apparent warning from security that the women were naked.

The contestant, who asked to be anonymous, said that they were getting dressed to practice the opening number at rehearsal when Trump burst into the room. She said she heard security personnel outside the room warn someone that the women were naked just before Trump entered the dressing room.

"Mr Trump just barged right in, didn't say anything, stood there and stared at us," she told The Guardian.

She described Trump's attitude as, "I can do this because I can."

"He didn't walk in and say, ‘Oh, I'm so sorry, I was looking for someone,'" the former Miss USA contestant told The Guardian. "He walked in, he stood and he stared. He was doing it because he knew that he could."

talkingpointsmemo.com

Drip, drip....

#17 | Posted by tonyroma at 2016-10-13 11:22 AM | Reply

One of Trump's accusers said, "Onetime Donald Trump kinda sorta looked at me sideways and if I didn't have that string of pearls around my neck to clutch I would have feinted from the vapors right then and there!"

#18 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2016-10-13 11:43 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"This one time, at band camp"

#19 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2016-10-13 12:47 PM | Reply

#18 | Posted by tontonmacoute

Interesting.

Billy Bush said that one of The Donald's favorite gifts he liked to give to the women he just met is apparently something called a "Pearl Necklace".

#20 | Posted by donnerboy at 2016-10-13 04:00 PM | Reply

Many trumptards were gleeful that Trump held a news conference with alleged victims of Bill's sexual advances. They were sure this would sink Hillary.

Now they will happily vote for Trump even though he has been revealed as every bit as bad or worse than Bill.
I think that is why Bill encouraged Trump to run. He wanted to rub his partisan attackers noses in Trump's mess as they justified to themselves voting for Trump.

#21 | Posted by bored at 2016-10-13 04:02 PM | Reply

The upside is that he isn't gay.

#22 | Posted by coyote at 2016-10-13 04:08 PM | Reply

All of this sounds like "busybodies" hanging over the backyard fence gossiping about something they know nothing about!
Don't you have anything else to do?

Trump,(Big Trump, or Little Trump) is 1,000 times a better choice for the Presidency than that Crooked, fraudulent, lying, power hungry, money sucking dweeb of a so called human being!!!

Get a Life!!!!!!

#23 | Posted by MARCO99 at 2016-10-13 04:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"We are grateful to Natasha Stoynoff for telling her story. Ms. Stoynoff is a remarkable, ethical, honest and patriotic woman, and she has shared her story of being physically attacked by Donald Trump in 2005 because she felt it was her duty to make the public aware," People editor Jess Cagle wrote.

"To assign any other motive is a disgusting, pathetic attempt to victimize her again," she continued. "We stand steadfastly by her, and are proud to publish her clear, credible account of what happened. It is heartbreaking that her fear of retaliation by Trump kept her from reporting the incident when it happened. She has carried this secret for more than a decade, and we hope that by coming forward now she is relieved of that burden," the statement concludes.

#24 | Posted by tonyroma at 2016-10-13 05:23 PM | Reply

Natasha wrote a nice piece of fiction.

#25 | Posted by takitez at 2016-10-13 06:28 PM | Reply

#23 Trump is the one with court cases for rape and fraud. He lies far more often than Hillary. He brags about cheating small business people, peeping at teenage girls and assaulting women. Even long time republicans can't vote for him.

Bill is laughing at you, you will vote for Trump who is guilty of worse than Bill, and you will twist yourself in knots trying to justify it.

#26 | Posted by bored at 2016-10-13 08:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Bored,

You can't possibly play any kind of 'morality card' when voting for Clinton.

There are plenty of reasons to vote for Clinton over Trump and I don't begrudge your vote.

Just don't sit there and pretend that personal character is a primary motivation for your Clinton vote unless you enjoy being roundly mocked and derided (justifiably so).

#27 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-13 09:00 PM | Reply

You can't possibly play any kind of 'morality card' when voting for Clinton.

#27 | POSTED BY JEFFJ AT 2016-10-13 09:00 PM | REPLY

Really? Who has Secretary Clinton sexually assaulted?

#28 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2016-10-13 09:11 PM | Reply

Bogus story. The Donald doesn't do fat chicks. Everyone whose anyone knows it.

#29 | Posted by tontonmacoute at 2016-10-13 11:26 PM | Reply

Drumpf,(Big Drumpf, or Little Drumpf) is 1,000 times a better choice for the Presidency than that Crooked, fraudulent, lying, power hungry, money sucking dweeb of a so called human being!!!
Get a Life!!!!!!

#23 | POSTED BY MARCO99

I'm not voting for her, but that's really nasty things to say about Ms. Stein. OTOH, if you're referring to Johnson...

#30 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-14 08:35 PM | Reply

The upside is that he isn't gay.

#22 | POSTED BY COYOTE

Tonto wants to know if Drumpf'll do a transvestite. His mother's closet is beckoning.

#31 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-14 08:38 PM | Reply

Rape is all about power, RCADE. Cheeto Childmolester has made it abundantly clear from his sexual assaults and barging in on naked 15 year olds (because he can) that he cherishes that power. Same reason he raped his wife.

He is indeed, a waste of human skin. And it doesn't say much good about his supporters, either.

#32 | Posted by northguy3 at 2016-10-14 08:45 PM | Reply