Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Donald Trump's son Eric chalked up his father's 2005 conversation about groping women, which drew fire from both sides of the aisle and comparisons to advocating sexual assault, to "locker room banter" that "alpha personalities" sometimes engage in. While he said that he was "glad" that his father apologized and maintained that "I'm not saying it's right" he appeared to explain the behavior. "I think sometimes when guys are together they get carried away, and sometimes that's what happens when alpha personalities are in the same presence. At the same time, I'm not saying it's right. It's not the person that he is," Eric Trump said at an event in Colorado on Monday, according to the Colorado Springs Gazette.

Comments

It is exactly who he is.

We all know it.

Go ahead, own it, it wont cost him any followers. The semi-sane are already gone.

The angry ignoramuses dig it.

He is quoted as saying he walked into dressing rooms and gawked at the unsuspecting naked contestants in his pageants, some of whom were as young as 15 yrs old:

"On an April, 11, 2005, airing of "The Howard Stern Show," Donald Trump bragged about some of the special perks he enjoyed while he was owner of the Miss USA pageant. They came not in a locker room but a dressing room.
"I'll go backstage before a show, and everyone's getting dressed and ready and everything else," he said. "And you know, no men are anywhere. And I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant. And therefore I'm inspecting it."

Stern replied, "You're like a doctor."

Trump responded: "Is everyone okay? You know they're standing there with no clothes. And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that".

It is what Huckabee has said he would have done also when discussing trans gendered issues.

The GOP must dig it. They built it.

#1 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2016-10-12 04:17 PM | Reply

Trump was nowhere near a locker room when he said it.

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-12 04:19 PM | Reply

I think you know what he meant.

I hear a lot of crude stuff at the poker table.

#3 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-12 04:21 PM | Reply

So, basically he's saying he gets special access to the dressing areas. This is pretty similar to women reporters accessing the locker room/dressing area of professional sports teams.

#4 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-12 04:23 PM | Reply

Maybe Trump should have just claimed to be transgendered at that moment and this would all be good. :-)

#5 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-12 04:23 PM | Reply

I hear a lot of crude stuff at the poker table.

Who you playin cards with, Joe Paterno?

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-12 04:23 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Except not.

Have you ever seen a post-game interview with a naked defensive end in the background?

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2016-10-12 04:24 PM | Reply

I hear a lot of crude stuff at the poker table.

Me too.

But it's usually reliving conquests with willing participants, not foisting oneself onto unwilling women and pushing the issue because they had a position of power to exploit.

#8 | Posted by jpw at 2016-10-12 04:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Again, folks. Trump wasnt at a poker table or a locker room.

He was in front of a microphone doing media interviews when he said this stuff.

He was yukking it up with media types and bragging on how rules dont apply to him.

#9 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2016-10-12 04:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Actually yes. It happened this year. It was a screw up by the camera crew.

Female reporters see plenty of naked men when they go into the locker room.

www.lovebscott.com

#10 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-12 04:33 PM | Reply

I love how people still pretend it's the words, not the actions contained within the words, which are so deplorable.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-12 04:34 PM | Reply

Yes - same here.

#12 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-12 04:34 PM | Reply

Female reporters see plenty of naked men when they go into the locker room.

"see"

Not the same as "grab."

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-12 04:34 PM | Reply

Trump is literally the man in the women's locker room you're so worried about.

But he's not transgender, so it's all okay.

You guys are mucking forons.

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-12 04:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2016-10-12 04:24 PM | Reply | Flag:

I actually disagree with Jeff's point.

But yes, I have seen locker room interviews with naked dudes in the background and women locker room reporters undoubtedly see naked men all the time.

The difference, as I see it, is that the women reporters are doing a job. If the only place to get post games quotes is in the locker room, then they need to be there. Apparently sports leagues think they will somehow lose money if they just banned all reporters from locker rooms and forced players to answer questions after dressing. So the rules are what they are.

Trump had no reason to bust in on anyone who was changing and by his own words his only purpose seems to have been to see women undressed.

#15 | Posted by Sully at 2016-10-12 04:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

Sully,

For the sake of clarity, I was drawing some equivalence but I wasn't trying to convey that the 2 situations were exactly the same, nor are the motivations of Trump and the female reporters the same.

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-12 04:39 PM | Reply

Do you think any of the guys are as young as 15 when those peeping newsies are in the locker rooms, JJ?

Have the newsies with access gone on Howard stern and bragged about it?

Trump did, didnt he?

Does anybody really think the quoted statements do not reflect who he really is?

JJ, do you think they reflect who he really is?

#17 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2016-10-12 04:41 PM | Reply

I haven't heard many folks criticising Trump for his 2005 behavior on the basis that it was banter regarding sexual assault, banter that took place at Trump's place of work. The accusations that he conducted himself in a similar manner while on set for the Apprentice solidifies the notion that Trump feels very comfortable engaging in "locker room" discussions beyond the locker room and onto the worksite. A personal conversation? Yeah right, that's why he had a mic on his person. He was at work and still felt comfortable to have such a deplorable conversation.

And you Trump supporters better not deflect to Bill Clinton's behavior as I NEVER supported Clinton nor apologized for his deplorable behavior while POTUS. So do yourselves a favor and SAVE IT! Address the fact that Trump's "locker room talk" took place while Trump was on the clock and NOT in a locker room!

#18 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2016-10-12 04:41 PM | Reply

But he's not transgender, so it's all okay.

I wasn't trying to suggest that what he was doing was OK. I should have put in some qualifiers to my post where I offered equivalence.

His position in the pageant gave him the authority to enter those areas and he took advantage of it to get his jollies. That's pretty repugnant.

#19 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-12 04:42 PM | Reply

I said it during the primary, Beach.

If the GOP doesn't stop Trump and he wins the primary then the GOP owns Trump and all that comes with him, including stuff like this.

#20 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-12 04:44 PM | Reply

Does anybody, anybody here, really think the quoted statements do not reflect who he really is?

JJ, do you think they reflect who he really is?

#21 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2016-10-12 04:48 PM | Reply

You'd better put some ice on that, Juanita....

-Bubba

#22 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2016-10-12 04:48 PM | Reply

Female reporters see plenty of naked men when they go into the locker room.
www.lovebscott.com
#10 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Something that, within the culture of professional sports, is expected I'm sure as there are probably MANY female reporters in the locker room. But clearly not the same within the pageant culture, as evidenced by Trump's own words "And you know, no men are anywhere. And I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant. And therefore I'm inspecting it," the women/girls in his pageants would not have expected men to enter their private area. That's why Trump was bragging about his "level of access," that he bragged about perving on women using the excuse that, as the owner, he's there to "inspect," that he's fooling contestants into thinking he's obligated to "check" on them when in fact he's just perving.

So, no JEFFJ, not really that similar at all.

#23 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2016-10-12 04:54 PM | Reply

intentionally barging in on 15 year old children changing clothes is beyond disgusting

#24 | Posted by truthhurts at 2016-10-12 04:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

-Bubba
#22 | POSTED BY GREATAMERICAN

Take a shot at #15, GA. I double dog dare you!

#25 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2016-10-12 05:00 PM | Reply

Absolutely. I can't stand Trump and this is but one in a long line of reasons.

Beach,

I agree with you and tried to convey that when I offered clarification to Sully.

#26 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-12 05:07 PM | Reply

#26 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

I saw the similarities between the two as being nothing more than a human having to open a door to enter a room. That's where the similarities stop. Curious why you'd choose to use women reporters in pro athletes' locker rooms as a valid comparison?

#27 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2016-10-12 05:50 PM | Reply

Every single straight male has grabbed a woman's crotch at one time or another.

A lot of guys brag about it.

This is deflection, pure and simple.

#28 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-12 06:03 PM | Reply

Lol, of the Trump family brood, Eric is the biggest dork. Even Eric's preteen half brother probably pulls more than Eric Trump.

#29 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2016-10-12 06:10 PM | Reply

Every single straight male has grabbed a woman's crotch at one time or another.

Keep pretending consent isn't the issue.

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-12 06:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Every single straight male has grabbed a woman's crotch at one time or another."

Most of us at least seek permission first.

#31 | Posted by donnerboy at 2016-10-12 06:22 PM | Reply

#16 | Posted by JeffJ

IN other words, they have nothing to do with each other.

#32 | Posted by donnerboy at 2016-10-12 06:24 PM | Reply

Beach,

I used it as an example because both had access.

#33 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-12 06:24 PM | Reply

I used it as an example because both had access.
#33 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

I get that. But that variable (i.e., access) is so basic and insignificant, it didn't make sense why you'd use it as a comparison.

#34 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2016-10-12 06:47 PM | Reply

Every single straight male has grabbed a woman's crotch at one time or another.
#28 | POSTED BY PROLIX247

Not in the manner as Trump described. You see, TROLLIX247, context is everything. And you have no sense of context what so ever.

#35 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2016-10-12 06:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

Admittedly, it was a bad comparison.

#36 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-12 07:13 PM | Reply

Every single straight male has grabbed a woman's crotch at one time or another.
#28 | POSTED BY PROLIX247

Give it up Prolax.

WE don't care what YOU or your friends do in the biker bar or how YOU or your friends treat women when you think no one is looking or cares. YOU (or your friends) are not running for office. We do, however, as Trump constantly points out by bringing up Bill Clinton (as though it was some kind of a defense), care how a potential candidate for the most powerful job on Earth treats women...especially when he thinks no one is looking.

#37 | Posted by donnerboy at 2016-10-12 07:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Give it up Prolax.
WE don't care what YOU or your friends do in the biker bar
#37 | Posted by donnerboy"

Biker bar - lol! Prolax would get his ass kicked if he even cracked the door of a biker bar open. He's a pud no matter what bar he's in.

#38 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2016-10-12 07:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 7

Geez Prolix, I hate to say this, but you are one sick dude. I've never grabbed a woman by the crotch. Nobody I know has ever bragged to me about grabbing a woman's crotch. You are pretty twisted if you think that is normal banter among guys. It is not.

#39 | Posted by moder8 at 2016-10-12 07:42 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#37 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY

The defense that Trump's lewd behavior should not be a disqualifier because Bill Clinton acted deplorably while POTUS is a truly interesting one, albeit entirely hypocritical for all those who supported Star's investigation.

Just to clarify (as I cannot remember exactly), was it the Oral Office -------- that pissed off everyone? Or was it the lie? I know the lie is what got him impeached, but was that what everyone feels was unpresidential? Or was it the --------?

#40 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2016-10-12 07:47 PM | Reply

I hear a lot of crude stuff at the poker table.

I bet you haven't heard men brag about how they could kiss and grope women without seeking consent.

That's the difference between what Trump said and what a normal guy would say to other guys when he was talking crudely about sexual conquests.

#41 | Posted by rcade at 2016-10-12 08:16 PM | Reply

I hear a lot of crude stuff at the poker table.

From guys whose divorce proceedings contain allegations of forcible penetration?
Are you playing poker for packs of smokes, in prison?
How much do you owe Teddy KGB?

#42 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-12 08:25 PM | Reply

"His position in the pageant gave him the authority to enter those areas"

Really? Where does it say that in either the law or in the mores of beauty pageant culture?

#43 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-10-12 09:09 PM | Reply

A lot of guys brag about it.
This is deflection, pure and simple."

Maybe alpha male voters will accept this explanation, but I doubt a majority of women will.

#44 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-10-12 09:14 PM | Reply

Oh please, call it what you want.

Look at what is not being discussed.

Turkey
Syria
Refugees

This subject is worn out.

#45 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-12 09:23 PM | Reply

"albeit entirely hypocritical for all those who supported Star's investigation."

Trump never did:

A month before, in an interview with CNBC, Trump expressed a similar sentiment about Hillary Clinton and blasted the independent investigator Ken Starr as "a total wacko."

www.cnn.com

#46 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-10-12 09:28 PM | Reply

The whole concept of "alpha males" among humans is a load of crap. It's just code for egotistical, entitled ------.

#47 | Posted by cbob at 2016-10-12 09:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

The whole concept of "alpha males" among humans is a load of crap.

Don't let Boaz find out. :-)

#48 | Posted by REDIAL at 2016-10-12 09:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Now we hear Missiles are being fired on Navel Ships in the Red Sea.

#49 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-12 10:01 PM | Reply

Oh, and Russia pulled out of the nuclear treaty.

But Iran is still in...

#50 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-12 10:18 PM | Reply

#37 - Biker Bar was good!

No, I live and grew up on the beach, served in the Navy, I'm a waterman.

I don't know guys, you seem to be getting distracted from the real world conflicts we are facing.

Nudge...

#51 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-12 10:26 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Oh, and Russia pulled out of the nuclear treaty.

Which one?

#52 | Posted by REDIAL at 2016-10-12 10:32 PM | Reply

"I don't know guys, you seem to be getting distracted from the real world conflicts we are facing"

A Trump presidency is a real world conflict we are facing.

#53 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2016-10-12 10:35 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

#44 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY AT 2016-10-12 09:14 PM | REPLY | FLAG:

Alpha male is not another term for a hole. Conservatives are confusing the two.

You want an example of an alpha male, look to President Obama.

#54 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2016-10-12 11:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

No- we have 3 branches of government. A Trump presidency can be boxed in.

#55 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-12 11:26 PM | Reply

For the record. I have never laid hands on a woman without consent.

Posters thinking this is common behavior need to reconsider their social circle and need to consider why they are too meek to speak up when they witness sexual assault.

#56 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2016-10-12 11:26 PM | Reply

What is an alpha male?
www.askmen.com
manstuff.net

#57 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2016-10-12 11:30 PM | Reply

No one here has said consent was not involved as far as I can see.

#58 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-12 11:48 PM | Reply

No one here has said consent was not involved as far as I can see.

You are remarkably stupid.

#59 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-12 11:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 7

By this subject is worn out you mean you wish it would go away because it shows what kind of people follow Trump

#60 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2016-10-13 09:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#63-This is exactly the response the DNC hopes for.

No scrutiny while they open another war front in support of Hillary's largest donor, Saudi Arabia.

Just think Trump bad.

#61 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2016-10-13 10:39 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

You want an example of an alpha male, look to President Obama.

Posted by BruceBanner

This is a special kind of Stupid.

#62 | Posted by boaz at 2016-10-13 12:04 PM | Reply

The whole concept of "alpha males" among humans is a load of crap.

Sure it is. Walk up to the next body builder, punch him and spit on him and lets see how much of "crap" it really is.

#63 | Posted by boaz at 2016-10-13 12:05 PM | Reply

The whole concept of "alpha males" among humans is a load of crap.

#63 | Posted by boaz at 2016-10-13 12:05 PM | Reply | Flag:

I'm not denying the existence of bodybuilders who could flatten me.

I'm just saying that the term "alpha male," as if it refers to a naturally dominant pack leader, is an artificial construct. Some guys like to think of themselves as existing at a level above the rest, and they often use aggressive behavior to support their sense of power.

Being a man is not defined by how overly charged with testosterone one is. You can be a leader, or even a protector, without having to resort to outmoded definitions of manhood. I've worked for women who were far better leaders than many of the men I knew. Not because they had "male" characteristics, but because they understood effective leadership.

We are all human beings, and we all have a responsibility to apply critical thinking and maintain control of our actions and our desires. The guys I see harassing women or flying into a rage in response to a minor conflict probably would consider themselves alpha males. It's a cop-out. But I guess it's a lot more palatable to their ego than being known as a d1ck.

Even the idea of wolves as alpha males has been discredited -- by the very scientist who came up with the term! www.businessinsider.com

#64 | Posted by cbob at 2016-10-13 12:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#63. That's a beta talking Boaz. Nothing more to understand past that.

#65 | Posted by americanPLY at 2016-10-13 12:31 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

With all of the righties on here with their laughable spin, The USS Enterprise should be called over..."Deflectors already on full, Cap'n!"

#66 | Posted by e1g1 at 2016-10-13 01:06 PM | Reply

I hear a lot of crude stuff at the poker table.

#3 | Posted by JeffJ

Do you think any of your poker buddies should be trusted with the fate of the nation?

#67 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2016-10-13 01:16 PM | Reply

#67 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

No. But they would be better choices than Trump or Hillary.

#68 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-10-13 01:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#63. That's a beta talking Boaz. Nothing more to understand past that.

#65 | Posted by americanPLY at 2016-10-13 12:31 PM | Reply | Flag:

Oh, look, another he-man chimes in with big, strong, alpha words. Life is so simple for you.

And yet -- here's the funny part -- your he-man hero is going to lose (bigly!) to a woman, leaving you feeling all emasculated and pouty. That's gotta hurt. Almost beta-like, amirite?

There there. Here's a tissue. Chin up, little soldier!

#69 | Posted by cbob at 2016-10-13 01:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

you dont know the color of schyitt CBOB. if you had a clue you'd understand how nature works. I read your article, and it's tripe. There are alpha males because every social organism on this planet is placed within a social order. Yes, there are alpha wolves just the same as there are dominant females in a pack. Lions, elephant matriarchs etc. it doesn't matter the circumstances. Being in a position such as the mother or father may change your personality but you become the "alpha". Are you denying personality? Explain charismatic leadership. Explain the reign of Stalin, Lenin, Hitler, Explain how Christ was able to teach with authority. Social constructs (like uhm, a country) are based on dominance and submission. Authority, and acceptanc. Everyone has a boss. We just had a debate where you clowns laud The Scripted One for her demonstration of appearing "presidential", i.e., being the big boss.

It has nothing to do with alpha or beta in my case, I know my place and thats granted remarkable clarity. So yes, life is simple. Im not some disjointed liberal dreaming up new and increasingly unrealistic ways of reaching utopia because I cant cope with reality. Chins up bro. If Trump wins, an arrogant boastful lover of money and cheap thrills with zero governing experience wins. If Hillary wins, an arrogant boastful lover of money with zero governing experience wins. Either way we're screwed. Under the past 8 years of Democratic administration we've consistently lost ground, there's no reason to believe it wont continue. Despite the current "president's" tough talk we've had American ships fired on and seized, millions of dollars in loaned equipment seized, the alienation of the Phillipines, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Iraq. An ambassador murdered. A string of muslim inspired domestic attacks. Our debt has doubled. Military is going to schyitte. Race riots. Record numbers of Americans continue to leave the workforce. Healthcare is imploding.

Thats the record. Im cool with it because it couldn't come at a better time. People are pissed. The real power lies in the men and women of law enforcement and the US military and they hate you guys too. A'NOTHER Clinton term just might be the thing that gets America moving in the right direction.

#70 | Posted by americanPLY at 2016-10-13 05:51 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

...but, im just a poster on a website built by and for liberals so they can marinate in their own stupidity and ignorance. I truly do enjoy the hack anti-Trump pieces I find them quite amusing.

#71 | Posted by americanPLY at 2016-10-13 05:53 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Eric Trump probably wouldn't recognize an "Alpha Male" even if one grabbed him by the -----.
'Guy is the biggest dork of the Trump brood and looks like a vampire.

#72 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2016-10-13 06:00 PM | Reply

#70 | Posted by americanPLY at 2016-10-13 05:51 PM | Reply | Flag:

Fair enough. I can respect your response somewhat this time.

Yes, I think there's such a thing as charismatic leadership. Is that alpha-maleness? Or simply the ability to rally folks around a vision -- while acting with intelligence, poise, and self-control? But hey, maybe we're just quibbling over terms here. I've known women who could do that just as well as any man.

OK, Trump does have a certain charisma, I suppose. He's not timid. He drives a hard bargain. He speaks dramatically and gets people worked up to what you might call a vision. But there's not a lot of substance behind it, once you get past the general themes of "you're going to get so tired of winning" and "those people are stealing from you." And he lacks self-control in a big way, whether it's the contemptuous way he speaks about people he finds beneath him, or the way he treats women, or the way he treats those he does business with. Just being a loudmouth who fires up an angry mob is not leadership.

As for the last 8 years of America losing ground and terrible things happening, hell, man. Be serious. Tell me under which administration we didn't have terrible things happening, including terrorists killing people, embassies being attacked, certain allies deciding they didn't like us, Americans contending with rising healthcare costs and lousy access (it's not imploding, btw), labor issues, race issues, you name it. America might not be as bad off as the alt.right drum-beaters would have you believe.

And I know a lot of people are pissed. I don't blame them entirely. They feel left out as the economy changes, and I'm not confident that either candidate has done a good job of outlining a solution. But if you step back from the partisan precipice, you'll see that many folks are leaving the workforce because of automation and globalization. We can argue about whether a conservative or a liberal (or something in between) has the greater capacity to mitigate those forces, but they won't be stopped. Some of those jobs aren't ever coming back.

#73 | Posted by cbob at 2016-10-13 07:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

One last thing: Trump and his followers are going to need the rest of America. I keep hearing to hell with the Muslims, and to hell with the Latinos, and to hell with the women, and the gays, and the liberals, and the media, and the establishment Republicans, and... who am I leaving out? That's a pretty big group.

The Trump club is not going to be able to piss off 2/3 of America and get anything accomplished.

#74 | Posted by cbob at 2016-10-13 07:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I have been given this subject some thought since last week. I would be a hypocrite and liar if I said I hadn't said similar things in private to friends and even stupidly in public-making an ass of myself. But that was in my late teens and in college when I was full of piss and vinegar.

But several things changed me, impacted me.

1. Getting a real job after college. I worked in a professional office and quickly learned what was appropriate and inappropriate, fortunately simply by listening to the grown ups in the room and observing the female professionals around me-making me want to act responsibly and respectfully. To earn their respect so to speak.

2. Failed relationships and getting married. It took me a while to grow up and learn how to relate like an adult to women and marriage definitely forces the true you to come out. Seeing yourself through the eyes of someone who knows you intimately and can express how they see your actions can be very enlightening, if you listen.

3. Having a child. WOW, having a baby girl definitely opens up one's eyes to the way women are treated. I have to balance my protectiveness of my daughter with instilling in my daughter the self image that she can be or do whatever she wants in life. And for that I am eternally grateful.

Where I am now is a middle aged man who respects women and wouldn't dream of assaulting women like Trump brags about. I may joke about it with intimate friends but context matters. A boss or "leader" has to recognize his actions are not the same as ------------ in a locker room, no matter what the context.

As for this Alpha male --------, I am a leader in most circumstances-family, work, etc. But definitely not the stereotypical Alpha-ie I am a pacifist. Leadership is far more complex than clichés of power and masculinity.

#75 | Posted by truthhurts at 2016-10-13 08:14 PM | Reply

Well put truthhurts, I can certainly relate to that change-over-time aspect of life. Currently between #1 and #2, myself :).

#76 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2016-10-13 08:18 PM | Reply

"I'm not saying it's right. It's not the person that he is,"
-Eric Trump

Irony since he said before women should just deal with it:
"If you can't handle some of the basic stuff that's become a problem in the workforce today, then you don't belong in the workforce," Eric Trump told The Opie and Anthony Show in a 2013 interview that BuzzFeed just unearthed.

"You should go maybe teach kindergarten," he said, apparently suggesting that teachers aren't part of the workforce. "You can't be negotiating billion-dollar deals if you can't handle, like, you know."

#77 | Posted by Sycophant at 2016-10-14 10:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

This is a whole cultural thing. As I see it, liberals have wanted to get rid of the framework nature put in place. They want all the benefits of being an Alpha without having to do the job of an Alpha. That's why they are always trying to create their Utopia. In their Utopia, everyone self polices themselves. No one wants to hurt anyone. No one wants to get ahead. No one wants to be in charge. Everyone has that joy joy feeling. Everyone gives up their "stuff" for the greater good. But that's not the way nature intends. Nature has a way to weed out the weak amongst us. It's how it's meant to be. Of course women aren't going to like the way nature intended. It forces them to the realization that someone else is stronger than them and they may be helpless in any given situation. So, liberals have been creating the society they want.

It's even getting to the point they are policing speech and what people talk about. They are trying to make it unacceptable to speak of certain things.

Competition in a man's world is different than in a woman's. You cannot make it equal. Women are acting surprised when they try to come compete in what was once a man's world. Then they cry when a man destroys them, when in an otherwise world, a vanquished male would just move on, understanding he was bested. The woman whines to the authorities, cries "unfair" and looks for justice from the state.

I don't agree with the majority of you Beta males on this thread, trying to change that there is no such thing as an Alpha Male. There most certainly is. Look to prison and see how it's run. Rest assured, beta males are not running things there. And that's the world you cant legislate. That the world you cant force to behave. It's going to act like nature intended no matter what. And THAT is the world Beta males and liberals are afraid of the most.

Remember when the reporter got attacked by BLM folks during the last unrest? They stripped his clothes off him and dragged him in a parking deck. He was begging for his life. That's beta. The weak and submissive will be eaten.

I don't care if you believe me or not. I don't care of you mock me. Deep down inside, you know I'm right. There's a lot of ammo being bought. There are a lot of weapons being stocked up on. Soon, people are going to get tired of liberal hypocrisies. The anger is just below the surface now.

And when it happens, there's not going to be anyone there to protect you. You will have to do it yourself. Then you will understand the meaning of "Alpha". When there is no law or enforcer of law, it will become starkly apparent..

#78 | Posted by boaz at 2016-10-14 12:57 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

And before RCADE says I'm dreaming of this scenario,

I am not. I don't want a society that's run like a Prison gang. But that type of scenario is what's fueling our gang problem. And absent of any society, it's what's going to fill the vacuum.

I don't mind the society as it stands now. Sure, I would like to see some things changed, but overall, it's good.

I just don't like when the weak take it too far. Thinking their use of authority is because of them and not because someone gave them the power they have. Beta's don't lead unless they are put into positions of power and left to the devices of nature, the Alpha's always rise back to the top...

#79 | Posted by boaz at 2016-10-14 01:07 PM | Reply

Laughable. As a survival strategy, I will bet on organization and cooperation over brute strength and individualism every time.

#80 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2016-10-14 01:07 PM | Reply

When AFKBL2, Punchypossum, Fishpaw, Tontonmacoute, me and all the other alpha males here on the DR get together, all we talk about is grabbing p----.

#81 | Posted by moder8 at 2016-10-14 01:11 PM | Reply

#80,

And that's why you would fail..

Even in your scenario, you would have to have an Alpha to provide direction and in the case of someone not following the direction, discipline..

#82 | Posted by boaz at 2016-10-14 01:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#78 | POSTED BY BOAZ

You need help.

#83 | Posted by Sycophant at 2016-10-14 01:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Deep down inside, you know I'm right."

No, deep down inside, we find your primitive emotions to be repugnant.

#84 | Posted by Angrydad at 2016-10-14 01:46 PM | Reply

The closest Eric "Lipstick" Trump has been to an alpha male is when he saw Harambe at the Cinci Zoo in the 90s !

#85 | Posted by ghoti at 2016-10-14 02:13 PM | Reply

And that's why you would fail..

#82 | POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2016-10-14 01:28 PM | FLAG: | FUNNY: 1

Fail? Cooperation and collective action are at the core of civilization. What has your self interested rule of the strongest nonsense ever accomplished?

#86 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2016-10-14 02:16 PM | Reply

#82 | POSTED BY BOAZ

You do not understand the term Alpha. You are using it like the term Leader. But dominant or otherwise, you don't need to be grabbing random asses.

#87 | Posted by Sycophant at 2016-10-14 02:27 PM | Reply

But dominant or otherwise, you don't need to be grabbing random asses.

This is true.

#88 | Posted by boaz at 2016-10-14 02:46 PM | Reply

Boaz.
Alfalfa Male.

#89 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-10-14 03:09 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

Boaz
In a room 3 great men sit a king a high priest and a wealthy businessman
Between them stands a sellsword of common birth and no great mind
Each of the great men command the sell sword to kill the other 2

The king commands do it as I am your ruler
The high priest commands do it for I command you in the name of the gods
The wealthy businessman says do it and all this gold will be yours

So Boaz who lives and who dies?

#90 | Posted by truthhurts at 2016-10-14 04:50 PM | Reply

No, deep down inside, we find your primitive emotions to be repugnant.

#84 | Posted by Angrydad at 2016-10-14 01:46 PM | Reply | Flag:

Primitive. Good word choice. Trump appeals to one's inner savage, purposely stoking fear and anger, rather than appealing to reason. It works very well with a segment of society because it lets simple-minded people avoid having to work through the complexities of actually living together on earth.

Real men know when to use brute force, such as to protect their life, and when to use restraint. And they sure as hell don't go around grabbing the crotches of women they don't know.

#91 | Posted by cbob at 2016-10-14 05:14 PM | Reply

Shark Tank star, Kevin O'Leary, a Canadian with ties to the GOP, has been on Toronto radio station Newstalk 1010 this afternoon claiming that multiple sources in the GOP have been telling him that Donald Trump has been confronted by both Eric and Donald Jr. in the last 24 hours and they have suggested that by hanging on he is damaging the Trump brand and that he needs to acquiesce for "The Good of the Country".

O'Leary is claiming that the GOP are looking to either move Pence up to first position or keep Pence as Veep and sub in Romney (Which would be a non-starter for Trump).

RIGHT NOW: Kevin O'Leary on The Live Drive says Donald Trump's family telling him drop out/losing election better for "Trump" brand
-- NEWSTALK1010 (@NEWSTALK1010)
October 14, 2016

#92 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2016-10-14 06:25 PM | Reply

- Eric and Donald Jr. in the last 24 hours and they have suggested that by hanging on he is damaging the Trump brand and that he needs to acquiesce for "The Good of the Country".

The boys figure they are losing millions in future revenue... better for "Trump" brand sounds closer to the truth than good of the country.

I doubt any of this will happen though... unless..... they can convince Donald that he can grab more P if he isn't the Pres.

#93 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-14 06:34 PM | Reply

-- NEWSTALK1010 (@NEWSTALK1010) October 14, 2016

#92 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2016-10-14 06:25 PM | Reply | Flag:

Wow.

#94 | Posted by cbob at 2016-10-14 06:36 PM | Reply

The Sellsword lives and all three of the others die. The Sellsword leaves with the gold.

#95 | Posted by danni at 2016-10-14 06:42 PM | Reply

Basically, Boaz does not believe in democracy. He doesn't acknowledge that a society can organize itself and govern itself well without a King (Alpha male). Sorry Boaz but America proved that we not only can but we can have the strongest nation on the planet without a strongman ruler like Putin or Trump.

#96 | Posted by danni at 2016-10-14 06:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump began damaging his brand long before this disaster came along what with disparaging remarks about women, attacks on Gold Star families, POWs, vets with PTSD, immigrants, and everyone else who isn't a white high school educated blue collar worker. And they aren't the kind of people who'd drop $s to stay in an overpriced Trump resort or play golf at one of his clubs.

What person would feel comfortable telling their friends they live in or stayed at a Trump property after all this?

Trump's well on his way to the Trump name being an international joke.

#97 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2016-10-14 06:58 PM | Reply

And, surely most importantly to them, the good of the Trumps.

#98 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2016-10-14 07:00 PM | Reply

Oh I'm thinking in their egomaniacal minds that a strong Trump brand IS for the good of the country. So much so that egomaniac Trump Sr. will be convinced by them and agree.

#99 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2016-10-14 07:04 PM | Reply

- a strongman ruler like Putin or Trump.

What a combo! Boaz is getting out his foot pics...

#100 | Posted by Corky at 2016-10-14 07:06 PM | Reply

Yeah you Neanderthals go out and buy all the ammo and guns you can.

Meanwhile, we will buy books and register to vote.

I suggest you be nice to the nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

#101 | Posted by donnerboy at 2016-10-14 07:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Putin's Feet

#102 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2016-10-14 07:14 PM | Reply

LOL. Good investment when that 120mm tank round comes though the front door.

#103 | Posted by REDIAL at 2016-10-14 07:21 PM | Reply

#95 | Posted by danni

if the sellsword rules the world, then how come we have politicians? or churches to the military? or soldiers not living as the wealthy do?

#104 | Posted by truthhurts at 2016-10-14 07:54 PM | Reply

Trump's well on his way to the Trump name being an international joke.

#97 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY AT 2016-10-14 06:58 PM | FLAG:

He was a joke 30 years ago. It's just that his authoritarian disciples haven't noticed.

#105 | Posted by cbob at 2016-10-14 08:57 PM | Reply