Tuesday, September 20, 2016

This tweet, from Donald Trump's son Donald Jr., makes a good point. Except for the part in blue, which is completely wrong.

If there were a bowl of delicious fruitish-flavored Skittles in front of you and three would kill you, you should not pick up a handful and start eating. That would be a very, very bad idea.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Phillip Bump goes on to argue why we should eat the poisoned skittles, in what could be the dumbest thing ever written. Except for that time the Washington Post told us to try LSD.

Comments

I like Skittles reply where they said "Skittles are candy. Refugees are people"

#1 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2016-09-20 05:57 PM | Reply

If I had a gun store and I told you only three of the guns for sale would go on be used in crimes, would you shut down my store?

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-09-20 05:59 PM | Reply

#2 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

If I had a car dealership and I told you only three of the cars for sale would go on to be used in crimes, would you shut down my dealership?

#3 | Posted by JeffJ at 2016-09-20 06:04 PM | Reply

#1 Yes. We should eat refugees instead.

#4 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-09-20 06:04 PM | Reply

If I had an adoption agency and 3 out of 100 adoptees would become drug addicts would you shut down my agency? So far, most of the terrorist events that have occurred in the US were committed by citizens of the U.S. Yes, they were immigrants but they had been here for a long time, they weren't Syrian refugees.

#5 | Posted by danni at 2016-09-20 06:12 PM | Reply

What do you think?

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-09-20 06:47 PM | Reply

If I could tell you one in five black males will have a felony conviction, would your company be better off just never hiring any blacks?

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-09-20 06:48 PM | Reply

I read somewhere that 12/ of all terrorist attacks in America are committed by 0.5% percent of the population - Muslims. Or skittles. Whatever.

#8 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-09-20 06:52 PM | Reply

^half of all terrorist attacks

#9 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-09-20 06:52 PM | Reply

450 of 452 suicide attacks in 2015 were by Muslim extremists, study shows.

www.timesofisrael.com

#10 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-09-20 07:07 PM | Reply

I doubt that six million Americans, which is 0.5% of the population, are committing terror attacks.

We don't have six million police yet, I don't think.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-09-20 07:09 PM | Reply

#11 Snark. Half of all American terror attacks are committed by Muslim males, making up half of one percent of the population. Better?

#12 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-09-20 07:23 PM | Reply

Half of all American terror attacks are committed by Muslim males

Muslim men are flying the drones bombing weddings, and the second wave of drones bombing the first responders?
Oh, you didn't mean that kind of American terror attack, did you?

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-09-20 07:29 PM | Reply

#13 That is actually the response to terror. So, no.

#14 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-09-20 07:35 PM | Reply

but did you do it, HR, try LSD?

#15 | Posted by ichiro at 2016-09-21 01:53 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#15 Dude. It's the Washington Post. I'm not going to try LSD just because they suggested it. I mean, what kind of person believes what they read in the Washington Post?

#16 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-09-21 02:08 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

That is actually the response to terror. So, no.

But it's terror, isn't it, when we bomb civilians?

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2016-09-21 02:13 AM | Reply

Seriously, don't call the POTUS a terrorist.

I doubt it's deliberate.

#18 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-09-21 02:31 AM | Reply

Stephen Colbert takes on DT Jr.

Colbert started with the grammar in the image, especially, "If I told you that just three would kill you." "That's not right," he said. "As in, if you think that's a complete sentence, you've got your head up your." "But "also, it turns out the math is wrong," Colbert said. The odds of being killed by a refugee in the U.S. has been calculated at 1 in 3.64 billion, "so that's not three poison Skittles in a bowl, that's three poison Skittles in one and a half Olympic-size swimming pools of Skittles -- and yes, for the record, I would eat all of them."

#19 | Posted by donnerboy at 2016-09-22 11:23 AM | Reply