Saturday, September 17, 2016

Hollywood stuntman Eddie Braun worked on various films, including Marvel's The Avengers, War Dogs, and Sully. But his biggest challenge awaited him this weekend: On Saturday, he succeeded where daredevil Evel Knievel failed in jumping over Idaho's Snake River Canyon in a rocket. As he explained on Good Morning America in an interview prior to the attempt, "I met Evel Knievel as a small child and he inspired me so much when I met him. I mean, this was a man with a cape, come on! I wanted to be like him, and after 30 years of being a professional stuntman, what better way to finish out my career than to pay homage to the man that inspired me?"

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Comments

Dang just drove from Missoula to San Jose.... IF I had known....

#1 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2016-09-17 09:27 PM | Reply

My costume has a cape, and I don't get anywhere near this recognition. And I fight Luddism.

What I really need is the time and money to complete my giant robot.

#2 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2016-09-17 09:53 PM | Reply

"Where does he get those magnificent toys."

Kim Jong Un

#3 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2016-09-17 10:21 PM | Reply

Rocket technology. WOW. Crazy, brave or what? Plenty of margin for error on that tragectory, as long as the rocket didn't explode.

Evil Kneival's failed attempt to jump the Grand Canyon was such a dramatic setting it attracted Elvis Presley. Cleanup must have been a bitch.

#4 | Posted by nutcase at 2016-09-18 07:23 AM | Reply

Kneival's jump was so badly planned the nights were an anarchistic biker ----, and parts of the crowd nearly ran off the cliff from lack of fences.

#5 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2016-09-18 01:16 PM | Reply

My mind read that as "Average stuntman....." LOL

#6 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2016-09-19 10:03 AM | Reply

Up next, jumping Trump's ego.

#7 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2016-09-19 02:56 PM | Reply