Friday, August 22, 2014

A dad who left his three young kids in a car for hours while he drank at an Ocala, Florida, bar this week was beaten up by patrons and arrested by police when they arrived after 1 a.m. Joshua Delong, 28, was found by police bloody and on the ground outside Dr. B's Bar. Heather Weiss was leaving the bar when she saw the 5, 7 and 8-year-old kids in the car, where they'd been left with the windows up and the keys in the ignition. "We heard honking in the vehicle parked in the parking lot. The kids were calling for their dad," she said. "They said, 'Daddy does this all the time,' and it was hot, and they had been there since the sun was out."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

tor

MORE STORIES

I don't consider myself a fan of violence but sometimes it's down right poetic.

Comments

Yeah, let's cheer on mob vigilante justice.

This was better off to be handled by the authorities.

#1 | Posted by 726 at 2014-08-22 08:09 AM | Reply | Flag:

Actually, a little modest vigilante justice in this limited sense does it offend me too much. The guy is a selfish jerk. Heck, I would prefer to see him beat up a little rather than wasting time with the court system under circs such as this.

#2 | Posted by moder8 at 2014-08-22 01:44 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

Proud to fly this Florida flag. Almost as good as that guy who beat the guy who raped his son; called 911 and said "send an ambulance, he ain't going nowhere."

#3 | Posted by kanrei at 2014-08-22 01:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

Stories like this make me believe that there are still lots of good people out there.

#4 | Posted by Sully at 2014-08-22 01:50 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

This appeals to the vindictive, instinctive aspect of me, but I'm not sure that beating him bloody in front of his kids (or beating him bloody then leaving him for the kids to find) is a good idea. Granted, they're gonna need therapy anyway...

#5 | Posted by pragmatist at 2014-08-22 02:06 PM | Reply | Flag:

Maybe I misread, but it sounded like only one person threw a "sucker" punch. I put quotes on sucker simply to describe a quick, unexpected punch. I don't feel bad for the prep, his kids on the other hand.

Considering he was allowed to have the kids with him, I don't imagine the mother and grandmother are much better. Sad.

#6 | Posted by memyselfini at 2014-08-22 02:34 PM | Reply | Flag:

#6 | POSTED BY MEMYSELFINI

After rereading that appears to be the bouncer's account, Delong claims "several men".

#7 | Posted by memyselfini at 2014-08-22 02:40 PM | Reply | Flag:

Couldn't he just get tanked at home like a responsible alcoholic parent?

#8 | Posted by censored at 2014-08-22 04:19 PM | Reply | Flag:

Couldn't he just get tanked at home like a responsible alcoholic parent?
#8 | Posted by censored at 2014-08-22 04:19 PM

"Daddy does this all the time." I would presume that people in his life have already caught him, scolded, reasoned and tried to reach him, so he hides his problem and carelessly abuses his entire family.

#9 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-08-22 10:02 PM | Reply | Flag:

Upon his conviction, just put him in a cell and leave him to fend for himself for a few weeks...

#10 | Posted by catdog at 2014-08-23 12:21 PM | Reply | Flag: