Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Daily Mail reprints several photos of a strange circle of lights in the air over Houston. "Could a UFO have visited Texas this week?" the tabloid asks. "Several people have taken it to Twitter to post pictures showing a strange object floating through the Houston clouds during a storm last Monday. Some of the pictures show a bright oval object hovering. An unrelated picture shows a similar object through clouds. There are others, some showing what appears to be lights underneath the 'thing.'"

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

HeliumRat

MORE STORIES

Comments

The photos are why I posted this. I've seen clearer images of a "crown of lights" UFO.

#1 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2014-08-20 12:00 AM | Reply | Flag:

heh, the "Scotty beam me up" joke comes to mind for some reason. :)

#2 | Posted by Lohocla at 2014-08-20 08:53 AM | Reply | Flag:

If it did I'm sure it avoided a certain band teachers house. You know with all of that GOP tinfoil around can't be good for UFO navigational equipment.

#3 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-08-20 09:09 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

hmmm...so what are they then?

#4 | Posted by DeadSpin at 2014-08-20 10:47 AM | Reply | Flag:

Marfa Lights.

#5 | Posted by Corky at 2014-08-20 11:16 AM | Reply | Flag:

I have always wondered why UFOs need lights. Are there so many buzzing earth that they are crashing into each other?

#6 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-20 11:18 AM | Reply | Flag:

Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-20 11:18 AM | Reply

They are signal lights much like Morris code for the mother ship.

#7 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-08-20 11:26 AM | Reply | Flag:

The only UFO I ever say (and yes, I did see one) had no lights whatsoever. It was a very very large perfectly circular cloud-colored object that traveled in a straight path, stopped and remained in place for about 15 minutes and then proceeded elsewhere still moving in a straight direction.

#8 | Posted by moder8 at 2014-08-20 11:28 AM | Reply | Flag:

Posted by moder8 at 2014-08-20 11:28 AM | Reply

Must be the California vapors.

#9 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-08-20 11:32 AM | Reply | Flag:

Actually I was in rural Paraguay serving in the Peace Corps at the time. Not an iota of pollution was in the air.

#10 | Posted by moder8 at 2014-08-20 11:34 AM | Reply | Flag:

Was there an uptick in used car sales after the appearance of the UFO?

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2014-08-20 11:47 AM | Reply | Flag:

I'd say it's a multi-copter.

#12 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2014-08-20 01:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

#3 | Posted by LarryMohr a

GIVE UP EARTHLINGS

TO RESIST IS FUTILE

#13 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-08-20 02:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

GIVE UP EARTHLINGS
TO RESIST IS FUTILE
#13 | Posted by afkabl2

It was a cop UFO?

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2014-08-20 02:02 PM | Reply | Flag:

OH WAIT..I see where that is....

that's right over my place............

sometimes the light of my outer glow of awesomeness gets away from me.

#15 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-08-20 02:05 PM | Reply | Flag:

sometimes the light of my outer glow of awesomeness gets away from me.

#15 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-08-20 02:05 PM | Reply | Flag:

That's flatulence combining with static electricity.

#16 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-08-20 02:08 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

on a roll today larry....

stay away from butter....AHHHH HA HAH AH AH A

#17 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-08-20 02:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

stay away from butter....AHHHH HA HAH AH AH A

#17 | Posted by afkabl2 at 2014-08-20 02:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

Hey if it wasn't for butter I wouldn't be able to slide my shoes on and off easily.

#18 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-08-20 02:11 PM | Reply | Flag:

Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-20 11:18 AM | Reply

They are signal lights much like Morris code for the mother ship.

#7 | Posted by LarryMohr

Wow. Now that is some amazing technology. They travel light years to get here and they still need lights to communicate with each other?

Guess we don't have to worry too much about be being enslaved by them just yet then.

#19 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-20 03:35 PM | Reply | Flag:

Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-20 03:35 PM | Reply

I take it You never watched Close Encounters.

#20 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-08-20 03:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

Someone is having fun with an RC craft.

#21 | Posted by Tor at 2014-08-20 03:54 PM | Reply | Flag:

Published by the Daily Mail. What more needs to be said.

#22 | Posted by Sord at 2014-08-20 07:04 PM | Reply | Flag:

Here's some photos and a video, from an Australian outlet.

www.news.com.au

Huffington Post actually ran a poll on "The Texas UFO", and 30% of people said it was aliens. Another 20% said "It's probably nothing and everyone should calm down".

Well, that segment of the population wont be laughing when they get ANALLY PROBED!!!!

#23 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2014-08-20 07:53 PM | Reply | Flag:

btw what happened to Reitze?

#24 | Posted by ichiro at 2014-08-20 07:58 PM | Reply | Flag:

#24 He was banned for life for posting anti-Semitic blood libel from beforeitsnews.com

Something about Rabbis drinking the blood from infants newly circumcised -------.

I wondered if he thought it was supposed to be funny, or if he actually believed it. It's hard to tell, considering the amount of drugs the guy did.

#26 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2014-08-20 08:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

"considering the amount of drugs the guy did."

How would you know that?

#27 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-08-20 08:20 PM | Reply | Flag:

He smoked an ounce of pot a month and occasionally did LSD. I read that on a thread he wrote.

#28 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2014-08-20 08:27 PM | Reply | Flag:

"He smoked an ounce of pot a month and occasionally did LSD."

Dunno what is the problem.

#30 | Posted by coyote at 2014-08-21 12:10 AM | Reply | Flag:

If the visitors want to arrive without being noticed, land in Austin. They would not be out of place at all. Austin is what San Francisco claimed to be 50 years ago.

#31 | Posted by docnjo at 2014-08-21 11:44 AM | Reply | Flag:

Actually it's a news ship from the Magellan Nebula come to cover the Michael Brown shooting. It had to shuffle over to Austin because Ferguson is not allowing helicopters or other low flying aircraft.

#32 | Posted by moder8 at 2014-08-21 11:49 AM | Reply | Flag:

A funky UFO? Anyone know where Clinton and P-Funk are at the moment? Are they possibly touring Texas right now?

#33 | Posted by kanrei at 2014-08-21 11:50 AM | Reply | Flag: