Sunday, August 17, 2014

Radley Balko, Washington Post: Since Colorado voters legalized pot in 2012, prohibition supporters have warned that recreational marijuana will lead to a scourge of "drugged divers" on the state's roads. They often point out that when the state legalized medical marijuana in 2001, there was a surge in drivers found to have smoked pot. They also point to studies showing that in other states that have legalized pot for medical purposes, we've seen an increase in the number of drivers testing positive for the drug who were involved in fatal car accidents. ... Roadway fatalities this year are down from last year, and down from the 13-year average. While some studies have shown that the number of drivers involved in fatal collisions who test positive for marijuana has steadily increased as pot has become more available, other studies have shown that overall traffic fatalities in those states have dropped.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rstybeach11

MORE STORIES

Comments

Funny people only want to talk about the unintended consequences of ending the drug war and don't even want to consider the unintended benefits.

#1 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-08-15 03:53 PM | Reply | Flag:

Colorado is even more depraved than young master Eddie.

--Zeddie.

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-08-15 04:02 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 2

Those stoned are simply staying home and not driving. No, not depraved. Intoxicated. And as a result not all that energetic.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-15 04:10 PM | Reply | Flag:

Always lurking...

#4 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-08-15 04:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

Always lurking...

#4 | Posted by nullifidian at

Without a buzz on. The crevasse between us is immense.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-15 04:15 PM | Reply | Flag:

Whether you are for or against legalization, you'll probably enjoy the following:

#6 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-08-15 04:21 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 3

" The crevasse between us is immense."

True. I don't believe in an invisible Heavenly Father.

#7 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-08-15 04:22 PM | Reply | Flag:

ZED -

FTA: "That said, some researchers have gone so far as to suggest that better access to pot is making the roads safer, at least marginally. The theory is that people are substituting pot for alcohol, and pot causes less driver impairment than booze. I'd need to see more studies before I'd be ready to endorse that theory. For example, there's also some research contradicting the theory that drinkers are ready to substitute pot for alcohol.

But the data are far more supportive of that than of the claims that stoned drivers are menacing Colorado's roadways."

You also have to consider that with legalization comes better and closer access for customers. A stoned driver no longer has to drive all the way across town to make a purchase. Either he can have it delivered (see most medical marijuana states) or he can go to a shop down the block from his house. Either way, it's less time a stoner is behind the wheel of the car. Granted there is a chance of an increase in stoned driving (almost a guarantee if you ask me), but is the alternative (see Drug War) preferable to what looks to be a far less significant (see data from thread's linked article) issue than groups like SAM make stoned driving out to be?

#8 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-08-15 04:31 PM | Reply | Flag:

So let me get this straight.. legalized in 2012... and we're comapring 2014 numbers to 2013's?

How stoned do you have to be not to see the flaw in the supposed conclusion drawn here?

#9 | Posted by soheifox at 2014-08-16 06:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

According to the pant -------... there should be corpses all over Colorado highways.. but death are going down. Could it be like the rest of the bull poo said about the dangers of legalization... deadly highways because of weed is propaganda.

but by all means, go drink another pot of coffee and tell me how that doesn't effect anybody's abilities.

#10 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2014-08-17 12:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

#10 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2014-08

Of course it does. All the more funny then that some people are so protective of St. Weed.

#11 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-17 02:50 PM | Reply | Flag:

I've never had an accident. I attribute that to smoking a bowl before I drive anywhere. Now those speed freaks on caffeine, they're dangerous.

#12 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-08-17 02:59 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

I take a very different approach. First of all, if and when I smoke, which is rarely because my first priority is professional life, it's usually a more sedative indica. More than anything, to help me sleep. For which I deeply wish it were legal - I have very chronic insomnia, and I would very much rather ingest a non-toxic plant to help with that than sleeping pills that can harm your liver or even kill you with mere milligram doses. It strikes me as a deep offense to liberty and personal responsibility as well that the government thinks it can regulate which I put in my body over the mere fact one might have the horrible,(to our moral Puritans) side effect of a mildly pleasant buzz as well. Particularly that it regulates that one must take the more harmful substances.

An aside to that - I bet Ambien would mess up someone's driving more than weed. Alcohol certainly does.

Either way, if my singular anecdotal case study reflects on anyone else in the nation, which is quite likely, ingesting those more sedative indicas actually make me feel physically slower. I am aware of the intoxication, unlike with say, the legal alcohol buzz, which tends to leave one ten foot tall, bulletproof, and ready to take on NASCAR at any given moment. That awareness makes me extremely unlikely to drive until the effects have worn off, and most of the time, plan my partaking to be when I'm already in and trying to relax and not go out for the night. All of which points to someone less likely to get in an accident.

I'm also less likely to the next day. Compared to a drunk, who may well have a blood alcohol of zero, but is still impaired by the hangover. Legal to drive. But impaired. Whereas I would not be, even though someone could look at a drug metabolite test and claim I was.

On every point, the argument against legalization is easily shot down.

#13 | Posted by zeropointnrg at 2014-08-17 03:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

All the more funny then that some people are so protective of St. Weed.
#11 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-17 02:50 PM |

I wonder who, as group, are more steadfast and ludicrous in their refusal to acknowledge the dangers inherent to their fetish of choice: the pot-heads or the gun-fondlers.

#14 | Posted by censored at 2014-08-17 05:32 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

Hmm. Pot heads. Reducing stress through imbibing an antiinflammatory herb, that can be taken in healthy ways, not just smoked, and making them slightly more lethal to cheetos and couches, are on par with gun nuts, people who obsess over a machine designed ultimately to kill?

I think that comparison said more about the commenter than the issues.

#15 | Posted by zeropointnrg at 2014-08-17 06:02 PM | Reply | Flag:

#3 | POSTED BY ZED AT 2014-08-15 04:10 PM

One Hundred percent horse manure.

Why, Zed, must you comment on a topic you are absolutely clueless about?

Your opinion is absolutely useless. Its all derived from propaganda created to keep you soiling your depends.

Hey, Zed, stoners drive all the time. Munchies are a beast and you gotta get your grub on.

Also, my favorite thing to do while high is to go for a hike, or to the beach, or work in my yard, read a book, write, draw, waste time on the DR...

Your assumption that stoners are "not all that energetic" is completely asinine.

Go educate yourself so you won't come off sounding utterly obtuse.

#16 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08-17 07:10 PM | Reply | Flag:

#9 | POSTED BY SOHEIFOX AT 2014-08-16 06:37 PM

Legalized in 2012, took affect in 2013.

became more prevalent and accepted by 2014.

It's transitionary.

nothing happens over night.

#17 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08-17 07:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

Problem as I see it is that fast reaction time can safe your life [I have on more than one occasion missed being in an accident due to either a fast swerve to another lane or slamming on the brakes in time. Unfortunately, fast reaction time is not something one can have when stoned, or drunk for that matter.

#18 | Posted by MSgt at 2014-08-17 08:35 PM | Reply | Flag:

safe=save

#19 | Posted by MSgt at 2014-08-17 09:19 PM | Reply | Flag:

It's not terribly necessary to have a fast reaction time when you're driving stoned. What's more likely is Asian drivers accusing you of driving too slow.

#20 | Posted by DCTexan at 2014-08-17 09:40 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

Naturally, more people involved in fatal crashes would test positive for thc, since more of the people do it. The number of crashes is more important.

Btw, I love how stoners think they are producing, when the reality is that there are actually moving slower. It is something I see constantly. On average, I think the IQ drops about 30 points when people are using the drug. this can mean a genius of storage in use, or be average, or an average person could become retarded. Sad, how people love to handicapped themselves, in a dangerous world. still, the moment you allow the government to tell you what goes into your body, you have lost your freedom. Let's go for forced health care, reproduction excetera. or, is the logic to consistent for you?

#21 | Posted by degarb at 2014-08-17 09:41 PM | Reply | Flag:

voice dictation. On phone.

#22 | Posted by degarb at 2014-08-17 09:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

voice dictation. On phone.
#22 | Posted by degarb at 2014-08-17 09:43 PM

A vaporizer?

Speaking of vapor - it's amazing how all of this extra marijuana traffic has increased road safety. More cars contributes to less accidents?! Apparently, we can attribute this effect 100% on legalization.

Eat it.

#23 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-08-18 12:04 AM | Reply | Flag:

The funny part to me is that unless you have smoked cannabis all day , every day for decades, you have no idea how it effects someone who has. You can only guess based on how high you got the one or two times you smoked it.

#24 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2014-08-18 12:07 AM | Reply | Flag:

#21 | POSTED BY DEGARB

You are so full of $h¡† it makes me *GAG*.

#25 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-08-18 12:13 AM | Reply | Flag:

Go educate yourself so you won't come off sounding utterly obtuse.

#16 | Posted by ClownShack at

However it is that I sound, obtuse is the wrong word for it. To be honest, at least intellectually, you should credit that people who stand outside of a behavior often get to have special insights into a behavior.

The word "objective" comes to mind.

#26 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-18 08:07 AM | Reply | Flag:

Go educate yourself so you won't come off sounding utterly obtuse.

#16 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

Zed is so very energetic which is why he posts here all day.

#27 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-18 11:30 AM | Reply | Flag:

" On average, I think the IQ drops about 30 points when people are using the drug. this can mean a genius of storage in use, or be average, or an average person could become retarded."

You know you might be on to something. Maybe I use cannabis so that I can come down to your level. Dealing with idiots lime you does take its toll on us geniuses and requires a saints patience.

#28 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-18 11:36 AM | Reply | Flag:

Lime=like. Thanks kindle.

#29 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-18 11:37 AM | Reply | Flag:

To be honest, at least intellectually, you should credit that people who stand outside of a behavior often get to have special insights into a behavior. The word "objective" comes to mind.
#26 | POSTED BY ZED

Yes, I'm so sure Jimmy Swaggert's views on gays were truly "objective." HAHAHAHA!

And yes, I put your anti-weed stance on par with Swaggert's anti-gay stance.

#30 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-08-18 01:41 PM | Reply | Flag:

#31 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08-18 01:45 PM | Reply | Flag:

You may be able to kick someone's dog and insult their mother. But you'll never be allowed to insult their favorite buzz. Its a....sensitive relationship.

#32 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-18 02:04 PM | Reply | Flag:

#32 | POSTED BY ZED

Tolerance must not be a Christian virtue that to which you adhere. Pity.

#33 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-08-18 02:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

Its a....sensitive relationship.
#32 | POSTED BY ZED

It is more of a symbiotic relationship. I take care of me Buds and me Buds takes care of me. My girls (they are always female) need me and I need them. It is a very therapeutic relationship.

#34 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-18 02:29 PM | Reply | Flag:

You may be able to kick someone's dog and insult their mother.

What the hell are you talking about Zed?

#35 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08-18 02:33 PM | Reply | Flag:

What the hell are you talking about Zed?

#35 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08

You'd have to be straight to appreciate it.

#36 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-18 02:56 PM | Reply | Flag:

Tolerance must not be a Christian virtue that to which you adhere.

#33 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-08-18 02:09 PMFlag: (Choose)
FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusiv
e

You must think that I'll prevent you from smoking. Come on, if your mom and dad were unsuccessful, I'll not volunteer for the job.

Smoke as much as you like, as you've always done. Maybe one day I'll send you a coupon for $2.00 off at the Pancake Factory. As a sign of toleration.

#37 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-18 03:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Zed is just another uninformed voter that stands in line and pulls the lever, like the rest of the subjugated masses."

Yes, he probably does.

#38 | Posted by eberly at 2014-08-18 03:02 PM | Reply | Flag:

What the hell are you talking about Zed?
#35 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08

You'd have to be straight to appreciate it.
#36 | POSTED BY ZED AT 2014-08-18 02:56 PM

LOL!!!

So I'm homosexual now?

The world according to ZED, if the sentence "You may be able to kick someone's dog and insult their mother." doesn't make sense to you, you may be homosexual, cause straight people can appreciate what he wrote.

So not only are you clueless about marijuana, you're also a bigot.

LOL! ZED!!

Go join the Tea Party!! Your logic would be perfect for them.

#39 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08-18 03:07 PM | Reply | Flag:

You mean you honestly don't know what straight means? In context?

It's not that I'm a bigot. Its that you don't have the vocabulary I credited you with.

I'll not blame dope for that. Dope is Blameless.

#40 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-18 03:11 PM | Reply | Flag:

You mean you honestly don't know what straight means?

You gotta update your 18th century colloquialism Zed.

No one calls sober people "straight" anymore.

#41 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08-18 03:25 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I'll not blame dope for that. Dope is Blameless."

I haven't heard of any big heroin epidemic since cannabis was legalized.

#42 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-08-18 03:29 PM | Reply | Flag:

No one calls sober people "straight" anymore.

#41 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08-18 03

What do they call the people who aren't sober?

#43 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-18 03:33 PM | Reply | Flag:

stoners

#16 | Posted by ClownShack at 2

Never mind.

#44 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-18 03:39 PM | Reply | Flag:

"No one calls sober people "straight" anymore."

It's unfortunate too. It was a good 70s term to describe people who wouldn't touch acid or cannabis.

#45 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-08-18 03:42 PM | Reply | Flag:

I'm straight, not narrow!

#46 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-08-18 04:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

Progressives do not go straight.

They go forward.

#47 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-18 05:05 PM | Reply | Flag:

What do they call the people who aren't sober?
#43 | POSTED BY ZED

They call them people.

Face it Zed, whether its caffein, aspirin, sugar, nicotine, cannabis... everyone's got their fix.

Once you admit you just don't get it, and therefore shouldn't have an opinion about it, the easier your life will be.

#48 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08-18 06:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

everyone's got their fix.

#48 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08-18 06:01 PMFlag: (Choose)
FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusiv
e

Another self-serving, ego-enhancing, cynically surrendered, and more than vaguely adolescent concept from the world of druggies.

#49 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-18 07:03 PM | Reply | Flag:

#49 | POSTED BY ZED

More ad hominem from the "objective" outsider?

You truly have no interest in discussing this topic:

All the more funny then that some people are so protective of St. Weed.
#11 | POSTED BY ZED

#32 | POSTED BY ZED

You'd have to be straight to appreciate it.
#36 | POSTED BY ZED

#49 | POSTED BY ZED

Pathetic.

#50 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-08-18 07:11 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

everyone's got their fix.
#48 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08-18 06:01 PM
#49 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-18 07:03 PM

It's important to appreciate people contain more than just moralizing drugs usage but also bring experience. We are all telling you marijuana is safe fun, and in fact may be the most excellent re-discovered panacea.

"Christ" refers to "the anointed" - with guess what?

#51 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-08-18 07:24 PM | Reply | Flag:

everyone's got their fix.

#48 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08-18 06:01 PMFlag: (Choose)
FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusiv
e

#49 | Posted by Zed

Zed can't hear you Clown.

He is too high on God.

#52 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-18 08:22 PM | Reply | Flag:

"We are all telling you marijuana is safe fun, and in fact may be the most excellent re-discovered panacea."

Marijuana is a drug. And as with any drug it does not affect everyone the same. Someone once described its effects to me this way. Whatever you are it makes you more of that. If you are shy it makes you more shy...if you are boisterous it makes you more boisterous...if you are thoughtful it makes you even more thoughtful..if you are stupid...well, it just makes you more stupid.

Because sometimes there is just no fixing stupid.

#53 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-18 08:31 PM | Reply | Flag:

Because sometimes there is just no fixing stupid.
#53 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-18 08:31 PM

Pot is 100% safe with over 5000 years of prescribed use and all of the recently legally accepted information as to it's alternative uses and efficacy as a medical tool to combat hundreds of symptoms if not outright cure diseases.

Never even one death from millennia of use, even from those terminally stupid.

#54 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-08-18 09:54 PM | Reply | Flag:

The human body is wired to accept cannabis.. if not , why would we have an entire system designed to receive it?
en.wikipedia.org

77 years of cannabis prohibition and it's more popular than ever.
Why this effort to keep cartels rich and Americans unemployed?
Legalize 100%

#55 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2014-08-19 01:12 AM | Reply | Flag:

I have hired and fired over 300 people. I have tested and trained them. I offer them iq test daily. A person that smoking marijuana is simply retarded normally. IQ drops 30 points easily.. And, to boot, they think that they are moving really quickly and producing. however, their brain is moving much slower, meaning, that life is going by quicker. They think that since life is going by so quickly, they must be producing a lot. And the drug is making them so damn fast. a the truth is, they constantly make a lot of mistakes and barely moving..it is like watching someone stuck in time. But the reality is,they're idiots who are willingly handicapping themselves.

In fact, reading these posts, it amazes me how poor the English is. I don't think it is because of the voice dictation, as it is in my case.

the other point to make, is I have seen incredible addiction to the drug. It is not physical addiction, it is rather a mental addiction. The people that do it would rather kill me then give up the drug this is something serious.

now the said, people that do smoke marijuana Wow intellectually handicapped by 30 IQ points, are fairly reasonable and easy to get along with. I don't see them going out and breaking into people's houses.in fact, they are more reasonable than the average population. This, considering some people become paranoid on the drug.which is a phenomenon that I don't really see.and again, if people want to hurt themselves. It is no business of the government to step in.when we allow this, we have lost our freedom.and, by the way ever since I have been 8 years old, I have been dealing with this drug.

#56 | Posted by degarb at 2014-08-19 02:15 AM | Reply | Flag:

#51 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-08-18 07:24 PMFlag: (Choose)
FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusiv
e

Its language like this that reassures me you don't understand half of what you're doing.

Panacea? Well, we've seen chemcial panaceas before, haven't we?

Marijuana is infinitely more accepted than it was, and that's fine with me. It seems to be a good medicine for many things.

But never expect a large percentage of the human race to use it ought for medicinal purposes. You're dealing with a different philosophy of life and experience here.

Marijuana could vanish entirely from reality tomorrow and mankind would chug along just fine. Better than fine in some ways.

#57 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-19 08:38 AM | Reply | Flag:

Posted by Zed at 2014-08-19 08:38 AM | Reply

Horse Apples. If G-d didn't want it to be used he wouldn't have created it.

#58 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-08-19 08:42 AM | Reply | Flag:

If G-d didn't want it to be used he wouldn't have created it.

#58 | Posted by LarryMohr

If you don't want to just chug along without it, that's always been your choice.

Other people make other choices. Jeez, its so like high school here at times. But I don't blame dope. Dope is blameless.

#59 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-19 10:39 AM | Reply | Flag:

Jeez, its so like high school here at times.

More on your post than any others with the amount of ad hominem you constantly spew.

Truly pathetic.

#60 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-08-19 11:40 AM | Reply | Flag:

Truly pathetic.

#60 | Posted by rstybeach11 at

Tell you what: Let's both condemn the man who is dipping snuff. We can find common ground based upon what turns us both off. It'd be a lot easier than wailing because I and a large portion of the planet don't like your particular bad habits.

#61 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-19 12:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Tell you what: Let's both condemn the man who is dipping snuff. We can find common ground based upon what turns us both off."

you have no friends at all, do you Zed?

Look at how hard he is trying to make friends here.

#62 | Posted by eberly at 2014-08-19 12:53 PM | Reply | Flag:

..mankind would chug along just fine...

#57 | Posted by Zed

Chug is right! They'd simply find a replacement vice.

www.google.com

#63 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2014-08-19 01:05 PM | Reply | Flag:

#61 | POSTED BY ZED

This is what I was hoping to get you to talk about. What is it about my habit that you don't like?

And for that matter, why do you prefer the perfections of idealism to the reality of human nature?

#64 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-08-19 02:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

Thing is, I get Zed.

He and people like him have been told for a long time that "drugs are bad, M'kay".

Which is fine. No one is forcing you to do anything you don't like.

just leave people that choose to use drugs, socially or recreationally or habitually, alone.

It's none of your business.

Why don't you take a page out of your own book and stop judging others, because it's making you come off as a fool.

#65 | Posted by ClownShack at 2014-08-19 02:31 PM | Reply | Flag:

#65 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

I tried the "Christian tolerance" tactic on ZED and he wouldn't budge. He's one of those that wants everyone to be perfect: healthy, employed, happy, and DELUDED!

What ZED refuses to consider is the intrinsic interest ANIMALS have in altering their consciousness. Sex is the most common (and natural) form of doing so. It simply revolves around the pleasure center of the brain. Some people enjoy poking the pleasure center more than others. Even to the point of making it a habit.

Why ZED does "not like that" about people is truly confounding. Unless he was harmed (emotionally/physically) by someone he deemed an addict, I don't understand his pompous stance regarding the use of mind altering substances. I mean, if you don't like it, you don't like it. But to demonize others for doing so is completely antithetical to the Christian virtue of tolerance.

I don't want to call ZED a hypocrite, but if the shoe fits, he should definitely wear it with a SMILE!

#66 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-08-19 02:53 PM | Reply | Flag:

The police have pulled over few people - this is significant. Consider how much more traffic Colorado is experiencing - some "pottery barns" are cleaned-out sales are so enormous. The Colorado police are not victimizing their citizenry for possession and instantly experience drops in otherwise statistically probable deaths, accidents and arrests. The citizens are being more responsible.

Soon Washington will also witness these benefits. It's only a matter of time until all states institute similar rectification.

Taking the money from cartels alleviates some of the burdens felt in nations currently experiencing mass emigration, thus slowing the flood of needy and exploited children crossing the Americas. That isn't just idealism or moral obligations at work, but economic reality.

#67 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-08-19 03:34 PM | Reply | Flag:

No one is forcing you to do anything you don't like.

#65 | Posted by ClownShack

That's my line.

#68 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-19 04:06 PM | Reply | Flag:

Sure, I've read all these posts. ZED's not coming after any of you, not that anyone would call you paranoid, and not that dope might cause that. Dope is blameless.

Live and let live is a good maxim. I do leave you alone. That's not what you're after, however. I think you want respect for what you're doing. But, sorry. I don't see marijuana use as being anything but a bad habit, like eating with your fingers or picking your nose.

In regards to what animals do or don't do: Nature is what we rise above. Except you, apparently.

#69 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-19 04:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

#69 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-19 04:13 PM

From where do you derive that? Is that Biblical or just "natural" to you?

Okay, I do see what you mean - some experience is negative, resulting in complete and total refusal lasting a lifetime. I get that, and don't condemn you for it. But know this - your Christ is "the annointed". You worship the very namesake that you refuse to understand.

This drug experience predates all modern civilization - and from everything we do experience from it demands more serious analysis.

#70 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2014-08-19 04:27 PM | Reply | Flag:

Zed, the last thing I care about is respect from someone who hid nutmeg from his children for years... talk about paranoid.

#71 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2014-08-19 04:52 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

Nature is what we rise above. Except you, apparently.
#69 | POSTED BY ZED AT 2014-08-19 04:13 PM

Indeed! I am far too humble to subscribe to the idea I am somehow better than any other natural entity around me. Smarter? Yes, but considering the consequences this Earth has suffered because of those considered "smarter," my will to rise above nature is starkly lessened.

"Just think of what you could have become!"

---- your idealism, ZED.

#72 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2014-08-19 05:12 PM | Reply | Flag:

---- your idealism, ZED.

#72 | Posted by rstybeach11

Have a toke and calm down.

#73 | Posted by Zed at 2014-08-20 09:02 AM | Reply | Flag: