Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A television news crew in Washington, D.C., doing a story on "sketchy" neighborhoods had its ban burglarized. The WUSA9 journalists parked a van in Petworth in northwest D.C. while conducting interviews. "When they returned they found the lock had been popped out of the door of their news van, and that the most of the crew's gear had been stolen. Among the many stolen articles was the gear of photojournalist James Hash, the backpack of reporter Mola Lenghi, and the purse of intern Taylor Bisciotti," the station reports.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

MUSTANG

MORE STORIES

Comments

BEST ADVERTISING FOR THE 'SKETCHY NEIGHBORHOOD' APP EVER

#1 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2014-08-11 02:16 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

I bet I can guess the makeup of the neighborhood.

#2 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-08-11 05:03 PM | Reply | Flag:

I bet they were interviewing people to find out how racist the app is....

Smiling Young White People Make App for Avoiding Black Neighborhoods
valleywag.gawker.com

#3 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-08-11 05:11 PM | Reply | Flag:

According to Ms. McGuire, a Los Angeles native who lives in the West Village, the impetus behind SketchFactor was her experience as a young woman navigating the streets of Washington, D.C., where she worked at a nonprofit.
www.crainsnewyork.com

#4 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-08-11 05:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

It's simply unfathomable that people would want to avoid black neighborhoods. Like, what could go wrong, Scoob?

#5 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2014-08-11 05:22 PM | Reply | Flag:

I bet I can guess the makeup of the neighborhood.

#2 | POSTED BY 101CHAIRBORNE AT 2014-08-11 05:03 PM | FLAG:

In Mitt Romney's neighborhood they ask for hundreds of millions in government loans and pay themselves huge bonuses with the money. Then the sell off the companies assets, fire everyone, and sell the company. You pay for the losses through your taxes. You pay for assistance for all the fired people through your taxes.

The people who robbed this van just haven't figured it out yet.

#6 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2014-08-11 07:34 PM | Reply | Flag:

They go to a "sketchy" neighborhood and leave valuables in the automobile? Idiots.

#7 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2014-08-12 09:34 AM | Reply | Flag:

The people who robbed this van just haven't figured it out yet.

#6 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2014-08-11 07:34 PM | Reply | Flag:

What they haven't figured out yet is how NOT to be sketchy and violent.

And people like you who subvert the blame and make up excuses simply encourage this type of behavior. Al and Jesse would be proud.

#8 | Posted by Yodar013 at 2014-08-12 12:47 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Perhaps the revolution WILL be televised after all. (Sorry Gil-Scott Heron). According to the Last Poets:

When the revolution comes some of us will probably catch it on TV, with chicken hanging from our mouths. You'll know its revolution cause there won't be no commercials...

#9 | Posted by catdog at 2014-08-12 01:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

Just too funny!

#10 | Posted by MSgt at 2014-08-12 01:57 PM | Reply | Flag:

What's a ban and how do you burgle it?

#11 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2014-08-12 02:55 PM | Reply | Flag:

I hate it when my ban is burgled.

#12 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-08-12 06:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

Dont teach people not to go into sketchy neighborhoods, teach people not to burgle cars!

Just because I leave valuables in plain sight and my car in a bad nieghborhood doesnt mean I want my car to be broken into!

Smash the carburglariarchy!

My car was broken into without being broken into, therefore it was broken into!

getting a hang of this whole feminist logic thing...

#13 | Posted by aescal at 2014-08-12 07:35 PM | Reply | Flag:

Irony alert!

#14 | Posted by Tor at 2014-08-12 07:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

It's racist to report this story.

#15 | Posted by boaz at 2014-08-13 12:40 PM | Reply | Flag:

When me and the wife were looking for a rental, I said I would not rent in a place where white women were not jogging. When a white woman feels safe enough to walk or jog, it's a good place to rent. That's one thing you never see in the ghetto, white women walking or jogging.

#16 | Posted by boaz at 2014-08-13 12:53 PM | Reply | Flag:

"When me and the wife were looking for a rental, I said I would not rent in a place where white women were not jogging. When a white woman feels safe enough to walk or jog, it's a good place to rent."

www.youtube.com