Saturday, August 09, 2014

Debra L. Jacobs of Forbes describes how William I. Koch was swindled on a multi-million wine auction: "Koch didn't attend the auction but sent a wine consultant, acting on his behalf, to purchase 2,669 bottles of wine at a total cost of $3.7 million. In the process the connoisseur, who is #329 on the Forbes Billionaires list, added to his collection some fine trophy wines that lived up to the catalog's billing of "the best of the best." What he didn't realize at the time was that he had also acquired 24 fakes.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

AndreaMackris

MORE STORIES

Thought some of you would enjoy this, others won't care ...

Comments

I'll drink to that!

#1 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-08-09 02:42 PM | Reply | Flag:

KARMA!

#2 | Posted by 88120rob at 2014-08-09 03:40 PM | Reply | Flag:

Wow, this is really old news.

#3 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2014-08-09 05:04 PM | Reply | Flag:

Idiot. Doesn't he know that drinking wine is prohibited in Kansas?

#4 | Posted by catdog at 2014-08-09 05:41 PM | Reply | Flag:

It's not one of the Wichita Koch's.

#5 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2014-08-09 07:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

It's not one of the Wichita Koch's.

#5 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2014-08-09 07:14 PM | Reply

Yep not the Wichita Kochs but it's their estranged brother.

#6 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-08-09 07:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

It's great to see this kind of money trickle down to other wealthy wine collectors. We'll all be fine if we vote red.

#7 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2014-08-09 09:53 PM | Reply | Flag:

Wow, this is really old news.

#3 | POSTED BY WHATSLEFT

Actually this just got settled, which is how I found this particular article which focused on Koch, which I thought you would enjoy. You know my employer getting hoodwinked.

Instead you piss and moan about the date......

#8 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-08-10 08:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

#8 | Posted by AndreaMackris

You work for Bill?

I met Bill once. And no, I'm not a fan. Out of spite, Bill spent $100k on a local election against a friend of mine. I still don't think he's as bad as his Wichita brothers though. I'm actually glad he's beat one of the wine fraudsters.

Are you familiar with this case?

www.bloomberg.com

I live about 30 miles from "Bear Ranch".

#9 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2014-08-10 08:50 PM | Reply | Flag:

Any one who pays more than 50 bucks for a bottle of fermented grape juice deserves to get screwed.

#10 | Posted by docnjo at 2014-08-10 10:32 PM | Reply | Flag: