Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pat Buchanan, ousted two years ago from regular appearances on MSNBC over a book he wrote that was called racist, was invited back to Morning Joe Tuesday for a 20-minute appearance. Host Joe Scarborough also said that viewers would be seeing more of Buchanan "soon." When MSNBC president Phil Griffin suspended Buchanan two years ago, he said his book should not be "part of the national dialogue, much less part of the dialogue on MSNBC."

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

#1 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-08-06 10:07 AM | Reply | Flag:

now dig up james buchanan and give him air time...

#2 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2014-08-06 10:11 AM | Reply | Flag:

I mean if you give a guy like Al Sharpton his own show at 6pm you have shown as a "news" channel you have no standards.

#3 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-08-06 10:13 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

pat buchanan? bah!

msnbc should hire someone tough--- a real man, with real balls....

like ann coulter for instance...

#4 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2014-08-06 10:20 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 3

I think Madcow has that covered nerf.

#5 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-08-06 10:23 AM | Reply | Flag:

Madcow has more than that flailing lib Chris Hayes. God he's awful.

#6 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-08-06 10:24 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

"I think....."

#5 | POSTED BY DALTON

C'mon, man!

#7 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-08-06 10:24 AM | Reply | Flag:

That's original Harry. When does middle school start back?

#8 | Posted by Dalton at 2014-08-06 10:35 AM | Reply | Flag:

Nonsense. OF COURSE he should be allowed on the air. We have become a country of easily-offended weenies which seeks to stifle the voice of the opposition. Too many on the left (my side) reach to ban or have fired the people who say things that they find "offensive".

#9 | Posted by midiman at 2014-08-06 12:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

Pat has a remarkably wide and deep understanding of domestic and international issues. He is right more often than wrong except where Catholicism shapes his opinion.

#10 | Posted by nutcase at 2014-08-06 02:51 PM | Reply | Flag:

"When does middle school start back?"

#8 | Posted by Dalton

Couple weeks. I'm sure you'll have time to buy a new pair of shoes.

#11 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-08-06 05:37 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

"He is right more often than wrong except where Catholicism shapes his opinion."

#10 | Posted by nutcase

Well, that and the fact that he loves Hitler.

#12 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-08-06 05:38 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Pat Buchanan was the only true USA first patriot on a USA news media, that is totally saturated with liberals, neo liberals or GOP neocons or zionists.

#13 | Posted by Robson at 2014-08-06 07:11 PM | Reply | Flag:

The Zionists in Israel know exactly how to emulate a racist Hitler and an apartheid South Africa, pre Mandela. They were all close in reality.

Killing Palestinian children to preempt a future threat to the war mongers when they grow up, is their passion. If not for the influence of beholden USA politicians the Zs would be ex-communicated from the UN by its membership.

#14 | Posted by Robson at 2014-08-06 07:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

Pat Buchanan?

I never did like that little weasel.

There are three people who make me reach for my remote control and one of them is Pat Buchanan.

#15 | Posted by Twinpac at 2014-08-07 01:27 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

The operations manager at MSNBC studios has ordered another AC unit for the studio to deal with Buchanan's hot air

#16 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2014-08-07 01:55 AM | Reply | Flag:

I've always said that to find principled people in this country, you need to look under rocks first. Of course, that could apply generically to any country. As poster #1 mentioned: "desperate times call for desperate measures". Or another way of massaging that statement: "always follow the money". MSNBC has been just another sycophantic politically correct extension of the lefty propaganda mill. Why else would they have a regular contributor like a race baiting Al Sharpton who through his history has attempted to rush to judgement along with other race baiters and assorted lefty agenda seekers to injure the innocent. "Your innocent until proven guilty" doesn't even exist on their demented subpoints of their prurient and odiferous working papers. Their mutated external ears won't even let the fresh winds of information and words penetrate to their inner ears that might cause discomfort to their preconceived narrow minded views. That's why Pat Buchanan was ostracized in the first place. I'm sure the reappearance of his anatomy was not the rumination of a noble desire to allow the flow of ideas in the attempt to find truth unless the powers to be have noticed a shift of even some erstwhile infamous lefties that have recently tired of the politically correct game that has so compromised discourse and truth in the country. Time will tell if this move will move the dial of the deteriorating MSNBC's rating machine. Just remember: it's all about following the money.

#17 | Posted by matsop at 2014-08-07 06:19 AM | Reply | Flag:

I cannot watch MSNBC any more.

My wife and I cut back on our Time-Warner Cable service to barebones basic cable. We lost some favorites, E!, Comedy Central, MSNBC, FX, but we also lost ALL of the reality teevee.

We bought a new "smart teevee." We also bought a Tivo Box with a subscription. For 13 channels, you may ask? YES. We also subscribed to Netflix and Hulu+, and the Tivo will give us ANYTHING on those services as well as the very few shows in which we're interested on the 13 TWC channels. I miss Chelsea Handler and her double-dees, but that will pass.

Our TWC went from about 170 dollars per month to about 70 dollars per month. Cash flow is everything. We are presently saving about 40 dollars per month for the difference between our old and new subscription services, so the payback on the new apparatus will be about two years. That means the teevee and the Tivo box will be paid for at no cost to us in two years.

Broadcast teevee technology does not change very fast, so I believe we will not need to re-buy anything for about four or five years, and then the cycle will begin again.

#18 | Posted by john47 at 2014-08-07 08:12 AM | Reply | Flag:

#9 | Posted by midiman at 2014-08-06 12:09 PM

I nearly completely agree. Simply, I find the stridency of Maddow and Hayes to be off-putting after about 30 minutes. I now watch Stewart and Colbert the next day on the Hulu+, and Maher is on YouTube.

#19 | Posted by john47 at 2014-08-07 08:28 AM | Reply | Flag:

#9 | Posted by midiman at 2014-08-06 12:09 PM

#20 | Posted by john47 at 2014-08-07 08:28 AM | Reply | Flag:

#20 You're tougher than I am John. I can't look at Maddow for 5 minutes, nor can I listen to Hayes at all. He's the biggest p#$$y on television.

#21 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2014-08-07 08:53 AM | Reply | Flag: