Monday, August 04, 2014

The promising career of New York Giants running back David Wilson appears to be over before his third NFL season. The Giants announced Monday that two doctors have advised Wilson, 23, to stop playing football due to the condition of his neck and spine. "I don't want anybody to feel sorry for me or pity me," Wilson said via a team press release. "I lived my dream. A lot of people only get to dream their dream. I lived that dream. Now I have a chance to dream another dream and live that, too." Wilson played 21 games for the Giants after being drafted in the first round, 32nd overall, in the 2012 NFL Draft. He had 504 yards rushing, 1,755 yards returning kicks and scored seven touchdowns (five rushing, one receiving and one returning a kick).

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

oh man, gonna miss his backflips after touchdowns, really sorry to see him go, an exciting player to watch

#1 | Posted by truthhurts at 2014-08-05 07:38 AM | Reply | Flag:

He was a history major in college, so will do fine in the current job market...

#2 | Posted by catdog at 2014-08-05 08:26 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

As a Giants fan, I'd rather see him retire than paralyzed so I'm glad he made the right decision even if it means losing a guy with his potential.

He's made over $4 million already and is due another $1.6 million so if he wasn't foolish with the money he should be just fine.

#3 | Posted by Sully at 2014-08-05 09:04 AM | Reply | Flag:

Smart move, presuming he values his longevity.

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2014-08-05 02:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

#2 "Would you like to supersize your order?"

#5 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2014-08-05 02:36 PM | Reply | Flag:

He's made over $4 million already is due another $1.6 million so if he wasn't foolish with the money he should be just fine.

Hopefully he doesn't have the same financial adviser as Vince Young.

#6 | Posted by 726 at 2014-08-05 06:48 PM | Reply | Flag: