Monday, July 28, 2014

A Florida State University criminal law professor was pulling into his driveway and talking on his cell phone when he was fatally shot. Dan Markel, 41, was shot July 18 by someone waiting for him outside his home in Tallahassee's Betton Hills section who followed Markel into the garage, shooting him in the side of the head through the window of his car, a source told ABC News. Police have released a photo of a silver Prius that drove away from the street after a neighbor heard the gunshot.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Markel left behind two young sons and an ex-wife, Wendi Jill Adelson, also an FSU professor. She moved out in 2012 and filed for divorce and the split was acrimonious. The Miami Herald reported that she had asked a judge for permission to relocate with the kids to South Florida, where her family lived and she had been offered a job at a private law firm, but her request was denied.

Comments

"she had asked a judge for permission to relocate with the kids to South Florida, where her family lived and she had been offered a job at a private law firm, but her request was denied."

Gee, I wonder if she had anything to do with this.

#1 | Posted by Sully at 2014-07-28 03:22 PM | Reply | Flag:

I am waiting for the Lifetime movie to find out.

#2 | Posted by 726 at 2014-07-28 03:36 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 3

See, talking on a cell phone while driving can get you killed.

#3 | Posted by Daniel at 2014-07-28 03:59 PM | Reply | Flag:

So, I guess she can move to S. Florida now because her ex isn't around any more. How convenient.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2014-07-28 04:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

DANNI is right

This doesn't sound like a robbery and whoever did this felt comfortable walking into his garage and shooting him.

#5 | Posted by Tor at 2014-07-28 04:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

Sounds like an execution. But, then again, so did the Trayvon Martin killing.

#6 | Posted by moder8 at 2014-07-28 04:15 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

#6: Did they find Arizona tea and Skittles in the car?

#7 | Posted by Daniel at 2014-07-28 04:16 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I am waiting for the Lifetime movie to find out."

It will portray the husband as deserving of murder.

#8 | Posted by Tor at 2014-07-28 04:33 PM | Reply | Flag:

It was the Keebler Elves.

Prof got too close...

#9 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2014-07-28 05:10 PM | Reply | Flag:

"A Prius isn't a typical hit-man vehicle," he said. "[Was it] the person who wants to protect the environment and kill someone?"

Obviously haven't watched Weeds. H/T Nulli
www.youtube.com

Gee, I wonder if she had anything to do with this.
#1 | POSTED BY SULLY

How do you come to this conclusion? It never even crossed my mind.

#10 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2014-07-28 05:44 PM | Reply | Flag:

"He said, a person was on his driveway, don't you think he would have said "my ex"??"

Want to put odds on her involvement? I say it is 3:1 she is involved.

#11 | Posted by danni at 2014-07-28 09:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

Maybe the combination if the hoody he was wearing and the fact that it was dark obscured his view?

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2014-07-29 04:03 AM | Reply | Flag:

I'll bet that hypocrite used a lead bullet.

#13 | Posted by jpw at 2014-07-29 04:06 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 1

See, talking on a cell phone while driving can get you killed.

Yeah if he had been talking with his gun he's still be alive today.

#14 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2014-07-29 07:50 AM | Reply | Flag:

He was probably in a car with a limp rubbery antenna. If he would have been in a real car with a real antenna he could have went Zoro on his ass.

#15 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-07-29 08:01 AM | Reply | Flag:

Most of the cases of wives or ex-wives being involved with the murder of their husband or ex-husband that I have read about usually involved someone she paid to do the deed. The Prius could be a rental.

#16 | Posted by danni at 2014-07-29 08:06 AM | Reply | Flag:

But, then again, so did the Trayvon Martin killing.

He was slamming her head on the sidewalk and punching her?

#17 | Posted by boaz at 2014-07-29 10:29 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 2

"How do you come to this conclusion? It never even crossed my mind."

Anytime someone is murdered their spouse is a suspect but particularly in cases where the relationship is known to be hostile. You really didn't know that? How?

She wouldn't be dumb enough to do it herself. I wouldn't be surprised if she was out of state when it happened.

#18 | Posted by Sully at 2014-07-29 11:22 AM | Reply | Flag:

Where was Zimmerman when there is an ACTUAL crime happening? Typical rent a cop.

#19 | Posted by 726 at 2014-07-29 12:18 PM | Reply | Flag:

Posted by 726 at 2014-07-29 12:18 PM | Reply

www.dailykos.com

George Zimmerman has a new job. Working as a security guard. For an ammunition store. For real.

#20 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-07-29 12:20 PM | Reply | Flag:

#11 Want to put odds on her involvement? I say it is 3:1 she is involved.

Too conservative. Given her motive to move, her sneaky ways [packing up and leaving with kids while he was on a trip], and the very bitter divorce, I'm saying 50-1 she's in deep.

It was likely either a paid killer or love-sick puppy, but she knows.

I say 100-1 her guilt is established by Sept.

#21 | Posted by 88120rob at 2014-07-29 01:51 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Every situation and crime be it 9-11, or the shooting of this professor, or downing of Malaysian flight over Ukraine needs to be examined and analyzed in detail from a perspective as to who and what country or corporate entity benefits.

The action should be examined completely in the vain of who it is that benefits. For one, it seems that the police should examine the wife in this murder because she mostly benefits as a result of his death and she obviously came to despise him.

#22 | Posted by Robson at 2014-07-29 08:07 PM | Reply | Flag:

I know you folks dont know me, but I live in Tally (though was in Naples at the time) and what I've heard (for what its worth) is that it was mob related. He apparently went all over and was an expert at trials for and against the mob. I also heard he was a jerk. Dont know if any of it is true- but if it turns out that way, you heard it here first!

#23 | Posted by iamanole2 at 2014-07-29 11:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

Side Note:

If someone is driving a Prius, that means they are driving a Prius, and nothing else. Automatic assumptions are like platitudes, useless.

Besides, a Prius may make a most excellent getaway car - fast, quiet, nondescript, small enough to duck down an alley or sidewalk, and, the hit man taking advantage of mindless generalizations, no one expects it.

#24 | Posted by FlyUntied at 2014-07-30 08:47 AM | Reply | Flag: