Sunday, July 27, 2014

The rock and roll legend Chubby Checker settled his lawsuit with Hewlett-Packard that stops the tech company from selling an app named after him on its Palm OS platform. The app purported to help users measure their penises -- kind of like a more expensive version of a ruler -- and was distributed by a third-party site HouseOfPalm.com. "This lawsuit is about preserving the integrity and legacy of a man who has spent years working hard at his musical craft and has earned the position of one of the greatest musical entertainers of all time," said Checker's attorney Willie Gary.

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

Diablo

MORE STORIES

DR suggestions for renaming it are solicited.

Comments

This story has taken a strange twist.

#1 | Posted by squinch at 2014-07-27 04:25 AM | Reply | Flag:

Maybe Dick Trickle's estate needs cash? (Oh, wait, wrong function...)

#2 | Posted by pragmatist at 2014-07-27 02:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

"This lawsuit is about preserving the integrity and legacy of a man who has spent years working hard at his musical craft..."

Is that what they're calling it?

#3 | Posted by TheTom at 2014-07-28 03:20 AM | Reply | Flag:

"...and [Chubby Checker] has earned the position of one of the greatest musical entertainers of all time"

Well I wouldn't quite stretch it that far.

#4 | Posted by CalifChris at 2014-07-28 08:35 AM | Reply | Flag:

Well I wouldn't quite stretch it that far.

Posted by CalifChris at 2014-07-28 08:35 AM | Reply

I bet his britches do enough stretching ehhhhhhhh

#5 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-07-28 08:36 AM | Reply | Flag:

Palm OS platform.

That is still around? I got rid of my Palm when I got my first Android.

#6 | Posted by 726 at 2014-07-28 09:16 AM | Reply | Flag:

Mr. Checker is a class act folks.

He's being introduced to a whole new generation of fans with the, "I found my tha-rill...on Kellogg's Blueberry Hill Toaster Streudals!!" promotion...which could easily sell over 30 million of the warm and tasty breakfast treats....

and make music history!

#7 | Posted by DeadSpin at 2014-07-28 01:04 PM | Reply | Flag:

My uncle used to play guitar with Chubby Checker during his Vegas days.

#8 | Posted by Prolix247 at 2014-07-28 01:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

Mr. Checker is a class act folks.
and make music history!

#7 | POSTED BY DEADSPIN

You got the wrong fat guy!

#9 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2014-07-28 03:04 PM | Reply | Flag: