Friday, July 25, 2014

A four-year-old boy has been banned from a Connecticut donut shop because the owner said he's rude, his mother Rebecca Denham said. The boy asked a woman at Doughnut Inn in Monroe if she had a baby in her belly (she didn't) and his mortified mother apologized, but that wasn't enough for the store's owner. The next time they went in, she kicked the boy out. "She said, 'he's not allowed in here,' and I looked around, and said, 'him?' and she said 'yeah, he's rude,'" Denham said.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

Donut Shop Bans 4-Year-Old

Ok, before judgment is passed, what are the colors of the parties involved?

rwd

#1 | Posted by rightwingdon at 2014-07-25 06:19 PM | Reply | Flag:

If kicks the rude cops out business is going into the toilet.

#2 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2014-07-25 06:19 PM | Reply | Flag:

Wow, I thought this would be a devil child situation.

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2014-07-25 06:26 PM | Reply | Flag:

Owner sounds undeserving of business.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2014-07-25 06:27 PM | Reply | Flag:

She shouldn't feed he ADHD kid that crap. I bet he runs around like a loon after eating that stuff. Good for the business owner.

#5 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2014-07-25 06:34 PM | Reply | Flag:

I thought it would be about a fat kid.

#6 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2014-07-25 07:04 PM | Reply | Flag:

I wonder if the owner of the donut shop looks pregnant, even though he's a man? Probably scared the kid will ask him the same question.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2014-07-25 07:12 PM | Reply | Flag:

If you think a 4 year old is rude, maybe it's you.

#8 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-07-25 09:08 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Well said Harry.

I've worked retail and heard kids that age ask all kinds of "rude" questions.

Then you look at them and realize there's no malice behind what they're asking.

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2014-07-25 10:45 PM | Reply | Flag:

The most important question is what type of donut would that 4 year old have ordered.

#10 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-07-25 10:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

It makes just glad you're not married to that donut shop owner, or God forbid, have her as a mother where you were trapped with her. Probably doesn't have kids & was having a rough day, plus she's ignorant about child psychology. We should've been given more details, but race shouldn't be a question.

#11 | Posted by kenx at 2014-07-25 11:17 PM | Reply | Flag:

Oh gee, my autistic son would be banned from many places if this was common practice. He asks all sorts of questions. He asked an elderly man if he was old, and then said, a little choked up, that sometimes old people die. He also started talking to a random neighbor about partial birth abortion. I gathered his Grandfather had spoken to him about it, which I thought was not a good topic for political discussion with a child, but I digress. He has asked a number of women if they are pregnant, though he has always been right. People have never gotten offended, though he asks in such a sincere and non-threatening way, it's hard to be angry.

#12 | Posted by LEgregius at 2014-07-25 11:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

The reverse - getting a pregnant friend to look horrified at being asked and tell everyone they're not pregnant - pure comedy gold though.

#13 | Posted by zeropointnrg at 2014-07-26 12:30 AM | Reply | Flag:

Bush's fault....

#14 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2014-07-26 12:50 AM | Reply | Flag:

Hahahahahahaha

This is my town!!!

#15 | Posted by klifferd at 2014-07-26 01:24 AM | Reply | Flag:

Hahahahahahaha

This is my town!!!

#16 | Posted by klifferd at 2014-07-26 01:27 AM | Reply | Flag:

Hahhaah

This is my town!!!

#17 | Posted by klifferd at 2014-07-26 01:27 AM | Reply | Flag:

Stupid time warner internet.

#18 | Posted by klifferd at 2014-07-26 01:27 AM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 2

Without reading anything beyond the headline, I'm going to applaud them.

#19 | Posted by TheTom at 2014-07-26 04:10 AM | Reply | Flag:

#15 | Posted by klifferd
#16 | Posted by klifferd
#17 | Posted by klifferd
Hahahahahahaha
This is my town!!!
Hahahahahahaha
This is my town!!!
Hahahahahahaha
This is my town!!!

Okay, so that's the chorus. What about the verses?

#20 | Posted by TheTom at 2014-07-26 04:13 AM | Reply | Flag:

Hahhaah

This is my town!!!

#17 | Posted by klifferd

Is that where there gonna probably bury you?

#21 | Posted by truthhurts at 2014-07-26 07:47 AM | Reply | Flag:

Is that where there where?

#22 | Posted by Harry_Powell at 2014-07-26 11:08 AM | Reply | Flag:

As described in the article, the kid just asked a socially awkward question because he didn't know any better.

But a four year old could certainly be rude. There could be more to the story. For all we know he runs around the store screaming while the mother pretends it isn't happening. The type of parent who raises a rude four year old is unlikely to be honest about the kid's behavior.

#23 | Posted by sully at 2014-07-27 11:05 AM | Reply | Flag:

POSTED BY RCADE

Great thread, RCade. This is the kind of thing that needs to be addressed and corrected immediately! I put it one line above the Redskins name in importance. Where do you rate it?
Meanwhile, back on the ranch.....

#24 | Posted by jestgettinalong at 2014-07-27 01:35 PM | Reply | Flag: