Friday, July 25, 2014

Pope Francis accepted the invitation of Philadelphia Archbishop Charles J. Chaput to attend the World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia in September 2015, Catholic News Service reported. This would be his first visit to the United States as Pope. His predecessor Pope Benedict XVI visited in 2008, holding a Mass at Nationals Park in Washington for 46,000.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

After seeing how some Americans have been behaving lately towards innocent children in danger and need of protection it is obvious we all need a come to Jesus moment.

Bring on the Popemobile!

#1 | Posted by donnerboy at 2014-07-25 12:41 PM | Reply | Flag:

Jesus Christ! The traffic will be horrible!

#2 | Posted by truthhurts at 2014-07-25 03:27 PM | Reply | Flag:

When the pope gives up his obsession with banning birth control he'll be welcome.

#3 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-07-25 03:33 PM | Reply | Flag:

he can't ban birth control, Nulli. He speaks against the use of artificial birth control. Most Catholics don't even listen to him on that subject.

#4 | Posted by eberly at 2014-07-25 04:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

Archdiocese: No confirmation of Philly papal visit

#5 | Posted by Dave at 2014-07-25 04:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

Isn't that precious...

#6 | Posted by HeuristicGratis at 2014-07-25 04:13 PM | Reply | Flag:

I wish I could be there

#7 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2014-07-25 04:14 PM | Reply | Flag:

This Pope is so loved if he visits san francisco entire counties will go to see him.

#8 | Posted by Tor at 2014-07-25 05:33 PM | Reply | Flag:

The birth control issue is not a top Church issue.
Abortion is the issue. There is some overlap, but the issues are distinct.
Some Christians do indeed disapprove of 'any' artificial birth control, but they ==ALL== view the non-abortive ones as a trivial issue when compared to the abortive ones.
What is a person?

(and I am NOT religious, at all, but I see issues clearly).

#9 | Posted by USAF242 at 2014-07-25 08:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

I'm a believer that the Christian heritage and culture has its own unique culture that frankly is as good or better than most others. There is an inherent lack of greed, a desire for charity, and the general lack of worship of money that others have and which ends up as a net positive. There are those that have been purposely conditioned to trash Christianity solely to divide the sheep.

That said, I do not worship titular heads of any religion. Is he coming? If I was in town I would probably not make it a point to see him.

#10 | Posted by Robson at 2014-07-25 08:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

"I'm a believer that the Christian heritage and culture has its own unique culture that frankly is as good or better than most others. There is an inherent lack of greed, a desire for charity, and the general lack of worship of money that others have and which ends up as a net positive."

Then how do you account for the fact that most of the money, in the world, ended up in the hands of "Christians." I don't disagree with your ideas about Christianity being a better philosophy than some others but I think it has more to do with intellectual freedom allowed durnign the Reformation and the Renaissance. Intellectual freedom is the basis for all other freedoms, the Muslim world has yet to realize that simple fact and that is why they are so backwards. And I'm sorry Muslims, you are.

#11 | Posted by danni at 2014-07-25 08:56 PM | Reply | Flag:

The Pope-a, he's a come-a.

www.facebook.com

#12 | Posted by john47 at 2014-07-26 06:37 AM | Reply | Flag:

No big deal.

The two largest occult groups are Islam and Roman Catholic.... The Koran plagiarized from the Bible, Roman Catholic strayed from the Bible.

There is no salvation in Islam. Roman Catholic priests are doping souls with religious rituals. In both, the blind leading the blind.

Come out of Babylon. Come to Yeshua haMashiac ans ask God to open your eyes.

Shalom.

#13 | Posted by takitez at 2014-07-26 09:55 AM | Reply | Flag:

Good. This guy rocks! He gets in people's' faces to dispel hypocrisy and speak the Lord's message to those who need to hear it...

#14 | Posted by catdog at 2014-07-26 04:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

"Good. This guy rocks! "

Does he? Let me know when he reverses the stand against contraceptives.

#15 | Posted by nullifidian at 2014-07-26 04:26 PM | Reply | Flag:

I don't know much about this pope, did hear he was into "Liberation theology"(Catholic Marxism) back when he was a young priest, and I haven't heard any noise about him having a preference for adolescent boys, or participating in one of the cover ups of this that his predecessor was.
His namesake gave me one of my favorite quotes, St. Francis of Assisi was ask what he would do if he was told that Jesus was returning the next day, and there was no doubt that this was to pass. Francis replied, "I would finish hoeing my garden".

#16 | Posted by docnjo at 2014-07-26 04:43 PM | Reply | Flag: