Thursday, July 24, 2014

A ratings decline since he took over as Meet the Press moderator in 2008 has put David Gregory's job in jeopardy, according to Lloyd Grove of Daily Beast. The rumored replacements after the mid-terms are Chuck Todd or a tandem of Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski. Meet the Press has been in third place consistently to ABC's This Week With George Stephanopoulos and CBS's Face the Nation, hosted by Bob Schieffer. "In multiple conversations that I had with people inside and outside NBC ... it was taken as a given that Gregory is toast," Grove writes.

Liberal Blog Advertising Network

Menu

Subscriptions

Author Info

rcade

MORE STORIES

Comments

I WANT LUKE RUSSERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 | Posted by LarryMohr at 2014-07-24 11:32 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

I want Rush Limbaugh! Let the Sunday gladiator games begin.

#2 | Posted by moder8 at 2014-07-24 11:37 AM | Reply | Flag:

How about Noam Chomsky, very refreshing point of view. Fact filled, he would surely liven things up. A real education for the American public.

#3 | Posted by nutcase at 2014-07-24 11:39 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

I can see Scarborough in the seat. He calls a spade a spade. Very moderate...libs call him a right-winger and cons call him a RINO. Mika Eyerollski, on the other hand, is brainless window-dressing who uses her family connections and cannot ditch her limousine liberal attitude.

#4 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2014-07-24 11:44 AM | Reply | Flag:

Nothing will change. They take out one liberal wonk and replace it with another and then wonder why nobody trusts or watches it. They try to pass off Stephanopoulos and Schaeffer as "journalist" when both served in prior Democrat administration's. That is why so much of what you believe to be true factually isn't. You are like mushrooms. ..feed ---- and kept in the dark.

#5 | Posted by foshaffer at 2014-07-24 11:45 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

I want Erin Burnett!

#6 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2014-07-24 11:49 AM | Reply | Flag:

Rwingers are lobbying for Vlad to take his spot.

To them he's photogenic, especially shirtless, and he has the right take on humanitarianism, civil rights, and gays.

What else could they want?

#7 | Posted by Corky at 2014-07-24 11:52 AM | Reply | Flag:

Margaret Brennan from CBS. I want her too.

www.google.com

#8 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2014-07-24 11:53 AM | Reply | Flag:

I want Scarlett Johansson!

#9 | Posted by rearendhat at 2014-07-24 11:54 AM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Megyn Kelly in the job would be interesting. Very interesting...

#10 | Posted by catdog at 2014-07-24 12:00 PM | Reply | Flag:

Here's the text of the email I just sent to NBC as part of my recommendation of Margaret Brennan:

Dear NBC,
re: MTP host

There is nothing that isn't bone-worthy about Margaret Brennan. Aside from being a highly talented individual – she speaks Arabic and has two degrees – she is also the most sophisticated piece of tail ever to appear behind a news desk. She entertains the nation with her slightly mischievous outfits and saucy Irish charm on her previous job at Bloomberg every day, and is to date the only human being on Earth to have ever made the ball-achingly boring topic of finance an essential daily viewing pleasure. She deserves the Medal of Honor. You'll have to steal her from CBS, she'll be worth the Brinks truck that it'll require. I swear to the deity of my choice that I'll never watch Bob Schieffer again.

#11 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2014-07-24 12:06 PM | Reply | Flag: | Funny: 2

I pity the fools who spend their Sundays watching this contrived garbage.

What a sad existence. [...]

#12 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2014-07-24 12:13 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

Mika Eyerollski, on the other hand, is brainless ...

Calling her brainless is brainless. I don't like her on-air demeanor much these days, but I wouldn't question her intelligence. Morning Joe is one of the only political gabfests where people get to talk at length on issues. Other shows think viewers have the attention span of a gnat.

#13 | Posted by rcade at 2014-07-24 12:21 PM | Reply | Flag:

The best thing on Sunday mornings is CBS Sunday Morning. I shut the TV off before they get to all of the political BS.

#14 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2014-07-24 12:24 PM | Reply | Flag: | Newsworthy 1

This is NBC we are talking about, no matter what they do they will be in last place. The only talking head I can stomach is Rachel Maddow, and the only reason is because she truly is smart. I have switched from getting my news from FOX and CNN to OAN. They seem to be the type of programming that does not push a point of view unless it is one of they talk shows, (which is clearly marked as a talk show) then I turn on the Cartoon Network, as it is clearly marked BS not like the so called news networks.

#17 | Posted by Anon451 at 2014-07-24 05:07 PM | Reply | Flag:

The most obvious and first requirement on our influential media and political discussion shows such as MTP, including even C-SPAN Washington Journal, is that the primary voice on these shows must come from Israel firsters, not average Americans. If it isn't obvious to you it should be.

#18 | Posted by Robson at 2014-07-24 07:26 PM | Reply | Flag:

Don Rickles.

#19 | Posted by Diablo at 2014-07-25 01:21 AM | Reply | Flag:

Turned on Morning Joe this morning and there was David Gregory and Joe and Mika all acting as if they are good buddies. Proves on thing that I've long believed, they are first and foremost actors.

#20 | Posted by danni at 2014-07-25 08:00 AM | Reply | Flag:

Speaking of the attention of a gnat, when are you going to reply to my emails about password issues, RCADE?

#21 | Posted by rearendhat at 2014-07-25 08:10 AM | Reply | Flag:

#14 | Posted by Whatsleft

Agree 100%

#22 | Posted by kudzu at 2014-07-25 10:00 AM | Reply | Flag:

#22 | Posted by kudzu

So true. The game plan is to keep the choices of the American people limited to two controllable Parties. Both Parties keep us divided on the relatively mundane, while our citizens and nation are manipulated and plundered by various global predatory commercial interests. The bigger the divide the more are the profits for big media.

#23 | Posted by Robson at 2014-07-25 11:02 AM | Reply | Flag:

"People outside the political spectrum are fed up with all this demagoguery. There is nothing to be learned on those shows except what one party or the other has listed as their weekly talking points."

I agree but I wouldn't say that they are "fed up". Rather, we can agree they are fatigued by it but it's(demagoguery) still an effective method to keep folks on their side of the fence with mundane social issues, as Robson points out, while both sides engage in their real meaningful agenda.

#24 | Posted by eberly at 2014-07-25 11:06 AM | Reply | Flag: